Expired

How horrific is this !!!!! Car careers into crowd

37 replies
Found 30th Apr 2009
Four people are reported to have been killed and several hurt in The Netherlands after a car careered into spectators watching a royal motorcade.

36 Comments

Original Poster

news.sky.com/sky…orn

Those pictures are dreadful ....

*****THE VIDEO IS VERY GRAPHIC******

wow, thats quite a graphic pic to put on a news website imo not that i mind but id imagine there could be complaints, although i think its a cool pic lol.

leecher;5079915

wow, thats quite a graphic pic to put on a news website imo not that i … wow, thats quite a graphic pic to put on a news website imo not that i mind but id imagine there could be complaints, although i think its a cool pic lol.

That's rather a strange comment. 4 dead, real cool!!!!!

Why Sky feel the need to show us is beyond me, a description would be enough.

Banned

I wonder if there are more graphic video's than that flying around

Banned

People are generally fascinated by images of death and destruction.

Sad story though.

man thats sad, my heart goes out to those people. In the video you see the guy go flying across the road at the beginning! What makes people do idiotic things like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can just imagine one of the reporters thinking "Man, this is so boring i wish something would happen!" then BAM that comes along!

Banned

Abz;5079977

man thats sad, my heart goes out to those people. In the video you see … man thats sad, my heart goes out to those people. In the video you see the guy go flying across the road at the beginning! What makes people do idiotic things like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't his fault - a car hit him.

leecher;5079915

wow, thats quite a graphic pic to put on a news website imo not that i … wow, thats quite a graphic pic to put on a news website imo not that i mind but id imagine there could be complaints, although i think its a cool pic lol.

eh???:w00t:

greg_68;5079939

That's rather a strange comment. 4 dead, real cool!!!!!Why Sky feel the … That's rather a strange comment. 4 dead, real cool!!!!!Why Sky feel the need to show us is beyond me, a description would be enough.

that sounded inappropriate, sorry if anyone was offended.

cool isnt the word, i meant it was strange that someone managed to get an action shot and stranger than Sky posted it.

Considering that in the picture the collision has just happened, why is the official in the background looking in the other direction??

leecher;5080024

that sounded inappropriate, sorry if anyone was offended.cool isnt the … that sounded inappropriate, sorry if anyone was offended.cool isnt the word, i meant it was strange that someone managed to get an action shot and stranger than Sky posted it.

but lets be honest its a picture i wouldn't want in my family album!

that video is awful

Punkytiptop;5080040

agreed.

Banned

Punkytiptop;5080040

Well none of my family are Dutch so the family album would be the wrong place.

omg i didnt watch the video, thats horrible

Original Poster

duckmagicuk2;5080038

Considering that in the picture the collision has just happened, why is … Considering that in the picture the collision has just happened, why is the official in the background looking in the other direction??

Presuming at the carnage seconds before ....... truly awful. :-(

FilthAndFurry;5080013

It wasn't his fault - a car hit him.

LOL....Rep Given for such a horrific sense of humour!!!!!!!!!!

duckmagicuk2;5080038

Considering that in the picture the collision has just happened, why is … Considering that in the picture the collision has just happened, why is the official in the background looking in the other direction??

I thought that and the people standing behind in the picture look surprisingly calm too considering what is happening in front of them

Banned

lotsofbargains;5080106

I thought that and the people standing behind in the picture look … I thought that and the people standing behind in the picture look surprisingly calm too considering what is happening in front of them

They are Dutch;-)

lotsofbargains;5080106

I thought that and the people standing behind in the picture look … I thought that and the people standing behind in the picture look surprisingly calm too considering what is happening in front of them

they're prob trying to sort there camera out ready to give to SKY!

FilthAndFurry;5079952

People are generally fascinated by images of death and destruction.Sad … People are generally fascinated by images of death and destruction.Sad story though.

Its true...someone in my first year of uni committed suicide and there was someone going around if they images of it!
I did offer some photos of mine (not of the actual incident) to the BBC (the office was just round the corner) and they werent interested and just put up pure photos of the student halls nothing more...not even the people who come to see what happened which surprised me, it was like this is where i happened and there is no flowers, no nothing!

A non-graphic video on the BBC News site from the other side of the road, showing the car miss the bus and smash into a monument. I don't think this version shows anyone being hit, and the car is the focus of the video. It also shows the reaction of the Royal Family on the bus:
news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

Can always rely on the BBC to stay away from the gore.

is this classed as a terrorist attack?

or was it wasnt an accident?
thought they would have jumped on the bandwagon with this.

Makes a novel change from dying of swine flu, I suppose.

duckmagicuk2;5080124

A non-graphic video on the BBC News site from the other side of the road, … A non-graphic video on the BBC News site from the other side of the road, showing the car miss the bus and smash into a monument. I don't think this version shows anyone being hit, and the car is the focus of the video. It also shows the reaction of the Royal Family on the bus:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8026807.stmCan always rely on the BBC to stay away from the gore.

erm it wasnt a focus it was a suzuki:-D:p

leecher;5080128

is this classed as a terrorist attack?or was it wasnt an accident?thought … is this classed as a terrorist attack?or was it wasnt an accident?thought they would have jumped on the bandwagon with this.

I think it depends on the driver....

If he/she is an asian person then it will be classed as terrorism

Or if he/she is of any other race it will said to bea tragic accident or the person was mentally disturbed!!!!!!!!!

Abz;5080176

I think it depends on the driver....If he/she is an asian person then it … I think it depends on the driver....If he/she is an asian person then it will be classed as terrorismOr if he/she is of any other race it will said to bea tragic accident or the person was mentally disturbed!!!!!!!!!

rofl,

thats true actually lol.

Banned

kirsty1981;5080172

erm it wasnt a focus it was a suzuki:-D:p

Looked more like a Kamikaze.

that's awful, i feel so sorry for the people there,

FilthAndFurry;5080217

Looked more like a Kamikaze.

ROFL thats worse than my comment! lol

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

look at the cyclist....probably the luckiest person ever!!!!!!!

Banned

How horrific?

Not very.

Diddums

Left 4 Dead

Original Poster

vibeone;5080803

How horrific?Not very.Diddums

Always one .... :roll:

duckmagicuk2;5080038

Denial.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57588
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!44
    3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle813
    4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22

See more discussions