How important are the unexpected freebies you get in orders to you?

Found 5th Dec 2017
I’m just curious how important people find them and what they think the best things you can get are?
For example.
I’ve had a few items that come with a little bag of sweets. Doesn’t cost much but it makes me happy and I prefer it to a future discount
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
For some reason when I buy PC components they usually send me a little bag of sweets (think the brand is selica or something) and they're disgusting. It actually puts me off buying from them again but they all seem to do it!
14 Comments
I'm a cynic - but yes I've had a few , little bags of Haribos , 4 or 5 golf tees with golf stuff etc and yes it makes me a "little" happy and the seller goes up in my esteem for the thought (although I suspect its just excellent business practice).

TBH I would prefer a future worthwhile discount though ,
rogparki33 m ago

I'm a cynic - but yes I've had a few , little bags of Haribos , 4 or 5 …I'm a cynic - but yes I've had a few , little bags of Haribos , 4 or 5 golf tees with golf stuff etc and yes it makes me a "little" happy and the seller goes up in my esteem for the thought (although I suspect its just excellent business practice).TBH I would prefer a future worthwhile discount though ,

What about when you buy something that is more of a one off purchase? ie buying something for a relative where you can’t see yourself buying again?
Other than a discount what would you want?
i find these a bit naff.
I think it's Wiggle that send the free little Haribo packets out.
Personally, I think it's a nice little touch.
I often include little freebies in my personal online sales too.
Qwertee sends little bag of haribo as well. I look forward to it
ggmurray26 m ago

Qwertee sends little bag of haribo as well. I look forward to it

Would you choose them over a competitor because of it. Assuming they aren’t very different in quality price etc
I ordered a MLP blanket from very and it came with a Jack and Jones leather jacket that cost £180 , without a receipt. I did the right thing and returned it .
For some reason when I buy PC components they usually send me a little bag of sweets (think the brand is selica or something) and they're disgusting. It actually puts me off buying from them again but they all seem to do it!
My contact lens company put a pack of Haribo in too
bryanhaines3995th Dec

For some reason when I buy PC components they usually send me a little bag …For some reason when I buy PC components they usually send me a little bag of sweets (think the brand is selica or something) and they're disgusting. It actually puts me off buying from them again but they all seem to do it!

They're not sweets!, They're incontinence pads!.
I've had bags of haribo with t-shirt orders i used to chuck em at whomever would eat them now i just tend to give them to my son or if he doesn't want them chuck em in the bin.

They are totally meaningless to me.

I did get a free captain America keyring once which was more interesting
I don't eat sweets from strangers
Personally I really like getting little freebies with packages. It makes me feel like the company or seller cares.

I also do this with my eBay sales, always try to add some sweets or a little treat of some kind.
.MUFC.3 h, 31 m ago

They're not sweets!, They're incontinence pads!.

Nah, trust me I'd never make that mistake again!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants