Groups

How is HOTUKDEALS.com hosted?

Im thinking about starting up a web based business and would like to know who hosts HOTUKDEALS.com and is it a dedicated server etc. Just want some into as it seems to hold out well with lots of visitors

23 Comments

It is the community spirit that holds it together; do not believe everything you read on the Interweb:

http://thewebinfo.com/hotukdeals.com.html

hotukdeals.com is the 2898th largest website in the world and has google … hotukdeals.com is the 2898th largest website in the world and has google pagerank 4. hotukdeals.com is using PHP/5.2.12 programming language and language used for website textual content is English. hotukdeals.com is using iso-8859-1 Character encoding. hotukdeals.com is hosted in Ulverston, Cumbria, United Kingdom at Control Circle datacenter and using Apache webserver. hotukdeals.com is using google analytics for Traffic Monitoring.

BFN,

fp.

Banned

fanpages;8747823

It is the community spirit that holds it together; do not believe … It is the community spirit that holds it together; do not believe everything you read on the Interweb:BFN,fp.

gosh that BFN fp crap is annoying and pointless isn't it?

NFO,

VB1

vibeone;8747942

gosh that BFN fp crap is annoying and pointless isn't it?NFO,VB1

If it annoys you then it serves a purpose.

BFN,

fp.

Banned

fanpages;8747961

If it annoys you then it serves a purpose.BFN,fp.

If you want to make a fool of yourself in order to annoy me, well fair play to you sir. I withdraw my comment.

NFO,

VB1

vibeone;8747985

If you want to make a fool of yourself in order to annoy me, well fair … If you want to make a fool of yourself in order to annoy me, well fair play to you sir. I withdraw my comment.NFO,VB1

He isn't the one making a fool of himself

Banned

robappleby89;8748214

He isn't the one making a fool of himself

No it appears you want to get in on the act too. Next...

Banned

vibeone;8748216

No bold :? How will you ever gain attention now !

vibeone;8748216

forgot you bold text:thumbsup:

Banned

ryman1000;8748319

No bold :? How will you ever gain attention now !

skusey;8748328

forgot you bold text:thumbsup:

Haha can't be arsed with bold when I'm on iPhone

vibeone;8748341

Haha can't be arsed with bold when I'm on old skool wap

Original Poster

anyone with an answer, not just which data centre its hosted at...

mds1256;8749723

anyone with an answer, not just which data centre its hosted at...

"Tracert domain.com" into the command prompt gives you your answer.

Banned

vibeone;8747942

gosh that BFN fp crap is annoying and pointless isn't it?NFO,VB1

Talk about the pot being racist towards the kettle.

You feel the need to put VB1 at the start of your threads. But at least it gives the rest of us to avoid it

It's quite a few dedicated servers actually. Once you have a lot of load on a site you'll need to split out web node machines from the db machines etc etc.

is it a HUKD rival site?

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;8752076

is it a HUKD rival site?

no lol, why re-invent the wheel.....

It was just to get a guage of what type of setup i may need.

Admin, who supplied your dedicated servers, which company

mds1256;8752843

no lol, why re-invent the wheel.....It was just to get a guage of what … no lol, why re-invent the wheel.....It was just to get a guage of what type of setup i may need.Admin, who supplied your dedicated servers, which company

These guys apparently: controlcircle.com/

Thats the first time ive seen admin post !

Banned

aah96;8753836

Thats the first time ive seen admin post !

where have you been,pms me all the time as well!

Banned

Posting in a silly thread

BFN

fp

BFN

fp

To be honest unless you have thousands of users already to come on to the site, a dedicated server is a little overkill.

For I run on a shared server from TSOHost.co.uk with 2000 users, using myBB software and their are no performance issues.

I would highly recommend TSOHost btw, they are cheap (not the cheapest), but their support is above and beyond what you would expect.

Original Poster

dmccabe;8754935

To be honest unless you have thousands of users already to come on to the … To be honest unless you have thousands of users already to come on to the site, a dedicated server is a little overkill.For I run on a shared server from TSOHost.co.uk with 2000 users, using myBB software and their are no performance issues.I would highly recommend TSOHost btw, they are cheap (not the cheapest), but their support is above and beyond what you would expect.

Thanks but 150gb bandwidth wont be enough i dont think....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sky Store £2 Voucher22
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767262
      3. word association Game73944483
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424314490

See more discussions