How is your lawn doing in this hot weather

Found 27th Jun
Random question - but how is your lawn doing in all this hot weather. Mine has gone all brown and trying to figure if it’s dead or dormant!!
Community Updates
Misc
28 Comments
Just partially dead , it'll come back when it rains ( I put the sprinkler on every 2 or 3 days) . Trouble is some weeds survive the dry better than the grass so if you don't keep the grass alive by watering the weeds will take over when it does rain . Water and cut your lawn (put blades up a notch or 2 to cut grass a bit higher ) to keep it green and healthy .
Looking sort of sad, although the daisies are thriving , it will bounce back when it rains so not too bothered , might give it a hose blast tonight when I water the tubs though
Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 27th Jun
Looks amazing as it artificial grass
Not great but better than Saddleworth
Totally brown, like every summer, although my 'soil' is 95% sand, so its not surprising. Always comes back OK though.
more green than brown currently but only just, sprinklers on for 6 hours yesterday.
Just a few brown patches starting to appear, but not too bad considering the heat we've had.
Nice and green, gets a water every day.
Mine has gone brown. Do you think watering everyday helps or hinders it?
AdamWalkerGX72 h, 39 m ago

Apperntly the drying out helps build resistance and keeps it healthy - so gardeners world said to me
AdamWalkerGX72 h, 45 m ago

water heavily but less frequently, better for the roots
not sure if watering in sun will hinder - certainly broad leaf plants can get 'burned' by doing this
best to do it in the morning so it has water to last the day
Edited by: "brilly" 27th Jun
ASongOfFireAndIce5 h, 31 m ago

Apperntly the drying out helps build resistance and keeps it healthy - so …Apperntly the drying out helps build resistance and keeps it healthy - so gardeners world said to me

Really - first time I heard that!!
I cannot see how in anyway! However I know I heard on a TV programme G World I’m trying find it! Unless it’s good for killing other growth in amongst the grass I’ll continue to search!
Mines fine. Plenty of water. Although water supplier has just text about over use and supply problems. I'll do what everyone else dose then . Wasn't me oh no. I don't waste water
Terrible.
but then I couldn't care less how my lawn looks.
AdamWalkerGX710 h, 16 m ago

Mine's gone all wrinkly
Mine looks awful but my patio looks good. Grass always comes back after a dry spell.
wayners1 h, 41 m ago

Mines fine. Plenty of water. Although water supplier has just text about …Mines fine. Plenty of water. Although water supplier has just text about over use and supply problems. I'll do what everyone else dose then . Wasn't me oh no. I don't waste water

Guess you aren't on a meter then. I'm not wasting money watering my lawn.
deeky19 m ago

Mine's gone all wrinkly

Awwww
maccy12 m ago

Awwww

I know

Night maccles
psychobitchfromhell5 m ago

Guess you aren't on a meter then. I'm not wasting money watering my lawn.

Full on grey water system here but only so much you can squeeze out of deeky
deeky2 m ago

I know Night maccles

Nighty night deekles remember the anti wrinkle cream
Wongy1104 m ago

Full on grey water system here but only so much you can squeeze out of …Full on grey water system here but only so much you can squeeze out of deeky

Don't bother with the lawn. Have a thick layer of wood chipping on all the beds to retain moisture. There is a tree surgeon nearby and he has a big heap outside his yard with a sign reading help yourself. Couple of trips once a year does the job.
psychobitchfromhell1 m ago

Don't bother with the lawn. Have a thick layer of wood chipping on all the …Don't bother with the lawn. Have a thick layer of wood chipping on all the beds to retain moisture. There is a tree surgeon nearby and he has a big heap outside his yard with a sign reading help yourself. Couple of trips once a year does the job.

Nice one off to do mine NOW
brown dead so dont need to get it cut
deeky27th Jun

Mine's gone all wrinkly

But what about the grass
summerof764 m ago

But what about the grass

More filth
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions