Expired

How late will the little mix concert finish?

Found 16th Feb 2014
Ok, i'm taking my 8 year old daughter to the little mix concert (I know what you're thinking - lucky me!) at the o2 arena in London in May. It starts at 6.30.

Now i've not been to a concert in about 10 years. So concert/gig-goers please could you give me some advice.

I guess I have three questions really:
1) How early would you arrive to something like this?
2) Any idea what time roughly it would finish (so I can organise trains and hotels and the such)
3) Any tips on what to take (i.e. should I pack my own drinks etc) or any tips for a practically concert-noob?

Thanks all in advance!!
Community Updates
AskConcertFinish
19 Comments
hi first question have you noticed this from the website
No under 16s in the standing area, 12 - 14s must be accompanied by an adult. No refunds will be given for incorrectly booked tickets.
Think the 02 has a curfew, 2230 ( at least it used to!) but there are thousands of people trying to get out of the place, so you generally have to wait a bit for the tube, or to get out of the car parks x
Your tickets usually say what time doors open, have found this to be about an hour before show starts, then the support would be on for about 30/40 mins x

Edited by: "paulathompson" 16th Feb 2014
If you have seated tickets then you could arrive at any time.
Do they have a support act? If so then Little Mix probably won't be on stage until 8 at least.

Going by any concert I have been to it will probably not finish any later than 10pm

Food wise,its always expensive at these places so depending on what you want to spend then that's up to you.
Most places won't let you take any bottled drinks with kids on. If you have water etc they will either take it off you or take off the lid.

If you really want to take drinks,cartons would probably be better.
Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 16th Feb 2014
archer1204

hi first question have you noticed this from the websiteNo under 16s in … hi first question have you noticed this from the websiteNo under 16s in the standing area, 12 - 14s must be accompanied by an adult. No refunds will be given for incorrectly booked tickets.

Heart sank for a moment then remembered we're in the seating area, though expect her to be having a shoulder ride for the whole time!!
paulathompson

Think the 02 has a curfew, 2230 ( at least it used to!) but there are … Think the 02 has a curfew, 2230 ( at least it used to!) but there are thousands of people trying to get out of the place, so you generally have to wait a bit for the tube, or to get out of the car parks x

Ok that's something then I guess, I was worried that the tubes might stop before we got out, and no car! Thanks for reply
goodguyglenn

Heart sank for a moment then remembered we're in the seating area, though … Heart sank for a moment then remembered we're in the seating area, though expect her to be having a shoulder ride for the whole time!!

I'm sure that will please folk behind you!
takethatfan1978

If you have seated tickets then you could arrive at any time.Do they have … If you have seated tickets then you could arrive at any time.Do they have a support act? If so then Little Mix probably won't be on stage until 8 at least.Going by any concert I have been to it will probably not finish any later than 10pmFood wise,its always expensive at these places so depending on what you want to spend then that's up to you.Most places won't let you take any bottled drinks with kids on. If you have water etc they will either take it off you or take off the lid.If you really want to take drinks,cartons would probably be better.

OK that's really useful. Dont mind trying to take some cartons in, I know what she's like, she'll want something 5 minutes before the music starts!!!

In terms of getting in, from experience, would it be like an hour queuing to get in or something like that do you know? Thanks for the reply
takethatfan1978

I'm sure that will please folk behind you!

Haha yes i'm sure it will!!!
goodguyglenn

OK that's really useful. Dont mind trying to take some cartons in, I know … OK that's really useful. Dont mind trying to take some cartons in, I know what she's like, she'll want something 5 minutes before the music starts!!!In terms of getting in, from experience, would it be like an hour queuing to get in or something like that do you know? Thanks for the reply

I always think if you are seated then there is no point queuing. These bigger places will be open ages before it starts as there will be merchandise stands and food stands around.

I go to a few concerts and the places are generally big enough for people to just wander round,and open early enough if you want to go and sit in your seat. Just remember the longer you are there before it starts the more likely your daughter will get bored waiting!

Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 16th Feb 2014
goodguyglenn

Heart sank for a moment then remembered we're in the seating area, though … Heart sank for a moment then remembered we're in the seating area, though expect her to be having a shoulder ride for the whole time!!

Well thats a good start glad you got a seat otherwise it would be a non starter.
I have worked at various venues across uk,front of house and mainly backstage so this would be my suggestion.Take the minimum with you and try and eat and drink before you get into the venue as the prices are normally ridiculous.If you do take a drink with a plastic bottle as stated before be prepared for it either to be taken off you or at least the cap removed it all depends on what the promoter wants the promoter gets.
If its starting at 6.30 i would imagine there would be at least 1 0r 2 support acts before the girls take the stage.So shouldnt be any issues with tube etc but will be a bit hectic getting out of the arena.
Just go and enjoy the concert wth your daughter if you want to ask any other questions ask away.
Edited by: "archer1204" 16th Feb 2014
do you have sky tv if so you can use the sky O2 backstage - you book it online first and is free. I took my granddaughter to Justin Bieber and we went in there first and I was able to get a drink and she had her photo done, did a video of her playing in the music section, had something to eat and it wasn't crowded and when we were ready to go we just made our way down the back steps to our seats. I wouldn't recommend sitting her on your shoulders as she will get a good view by standing up at her seat

rewards.sky.com/sky…ar/
I work in the arena and 95% of the shows are the same in terms of timings etc? queuing wise not that long at all but once your inside theirs no leaving until concert is over so unless theirs a warm up act then I'd go in when little mix go on stage. Going by most events they will probably go on at 8:30 - 9.00 and will finish at around half 10 - 11.

Food is expensive and drink is very expensive so would advise eating beforehand.
archer1204

Well thats a good start glad you got a seat otherwise it would be a non … Well thats a good start glad you got a seat otherwise it would be a non starter.I have worked at various venues across uk,front of house and mainly backstage so this would be my suggestion.Take the minimum with you and try and eat and drink before you get into the venue as the prices are normally ridiculous.If you do take a drink with a plastic bottle as stated before be prepared for it either to be taken off you or at least the cap removed it all depends on what the promoter wants the promoter gets.If its starting at 6.30 i would imagine there would be at least 1 0r 2 support acts before the girls take the stage.So shouldnt be any issues with tube etc but will be a bit hectic getting out of the arena.Just go and enjoy the concert wth your daughter if you want to ask any other questions ask away.

that's great! Many thanks for the information
Anonymousmr

I work in the arena and 95% of the shows are the same in terms of timings … I work in the arena and 95% of the shows are the same in terms of timings etc? queuing wise not that long at all but once your inside theirs no leaving until concert is over so unless theirs a warm up act then I'd go in when little mix go on stage. Going by most events they will probably go on at 8:30 - 9.00 and will finish at around half 10 - 11. Food is expensive and drink is very expensive so would advise eating beforehand.

Thanks for the advice
sn0ttyang3l

do you have sky tv if so you can use the sky O2 backstage - you book it … do you have sky tv if so you can use the sky O2 backstage - you book it online first and is free. I took my granddaughter to Justin Bieber and we went in there first and I was able to get a drink and she had her photo done, did a video of her playing in the music section, had something to eat and it wasn't crowded and when we were ready to go we just made our way down the back steps to our seats. I wouldn't recommend sitting her on your shoulders as she will get a good view by standing up at her seathttps://rewards.sky.com/skyloyalty/home/sky-at-the-o2/articles/backstagebar/

That's brilliant, yes I am with Sky so this would be brillliant! A bar for me, then the concert for her. Its a win-win!!
FYI Thanks all for your help in making this a great night. The Sky bar thing was awesome. Made it so much better, recommend it to anyone.
Glad to have helped and that you both had a good time
I'm going to this too with my 7 year old girl and was worried about tubes and train times ect. can I ask why the take the caps off the bottles?
I am also going to a Little Mix concert in July next year. Roughly how long did it go on for including support acts? You said it started at 6:30pm, is that the time the support acts came on stage or when Little Mix got on stage? Many thanks in adnvance.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants