Found 15th Jun 2009
how long does it take for a MOD to reply once you contacted them through the contact us .

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
49 Comments

sometimes forever i have used it a couple times and never heard back at all

6 weeks minimum

:lol: depends sometimes never :lol:

Original Poster

well i got a reply, all i wanted to do was change my screen name as some people are taking offence to it as i am no longer a teenager, i have had this screen name since i was 16 i'm now 37, i asked to change it to something similar like wickedgeezer and they said no, i mean whats the big deal, i think i have good reason to ask for it be changed.

[email protected] them off on the misc that usually gets a mighty quick response lol.....

Banned

apparently you only get a response if they feel one is needed

*tumbleweed*

wickedteen;5499935

well i got a reply, all i wanted to do was change my screen name as some … well i got a reply, all i wanted to do was change my screen name as some people are taking offence to it as i am no longer a teenager, i have had this screen name since i was 16 i'm now 37, i asked to change it to something similar like wickedgeezer and they said no, i mean whats the big deal, i think i have good reason to ask for it be changed.

Oh dear! They should let you change.:-D Start a petition if they don't, I'll sign it:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Marina;5501184

Oh dear! They should let you change.:-D Start a petition if they don't, … Oh dear! They should let you change.:-D Start a petition if they don't, I'll sign it:thumbsup:

thanks, but how would i go about it.

Yesterday, was the first time they replied to me.

I've never had a reply but they have unexpired links after I ( and probably others) have asked for it.

Good luck changing your name wickedteen - I don't think it's an unreasonable request. Didn't Lynds change her name? Maybe it's worth asking her how she went about it and what assets she used to win her argument (only kidding )

Original Poster

they reckon they only change names if your real name is in your screen name.

lynds changed hers as it had her married name in it, and they split so thats a valid request, changing your name "cos it doesn't suit you" anymore isnt a valid request, get over it :lol:

faevilangel;5504620

lynds changed hers as it had her married name in it, and they split so … lynds changed hers as it had her married name in it, and they split so thats a valid request, changing your name "cos it doesn't suit you" anymore isnt a valid request, get over it :lol:

thats fair enough - I only mentioned her because I knew that she had managed to change her name !

sassie;5499961

apparently you only get a response if they feel one is needed

thats charming that is, thats typical customer service for you :x

Original Poster

[QUOTE=faevilangel;5504620]lynds changed hers as it had her married name in it, and they split so thats a valid request, changing your name "cos it doesn't suit you" anymore isnt a valid request, get over it :lol:[/QUOT

its not a case of wanting to change it cos it dosnt suite me anymore is it, LOOK AT MY SCREEN NAME...........................

strike;5504026

Yesterday, was the first time they replied to me.

That lies your always getting responses in your outrage threads. :thinking:

Report your thread now and you will get an answer like so.

Admin

wickedteen;5499935

well i got a reply, all i wanted to do was change my screen name as some … well i got a reply, all i wanted to do was change my screen name as some people are taking offence to it as i am no longer a teenager, i have had this screen name since i was 16 i'm now 37, i asked to change it to something similar like wickedgeezer and they said no, i mean whats the big deal, i think i have good reason to ask for it be changed.

wickedteen;5504576

they reckon they only change names if your real name is in your screen … they reckon they only change names if your real name is in your screen name.

You received a reply, you've actually quoted the information you were given

juliet_bravo;5506519

You received a reply, you've actually quoted the information you were … You received a reply, you've actually quoted the information you were given

Magic. :thumbsup:

Why didn't you just use that name when you signed up?

And BTW, just for the record, Mods always get back to me - usually very quickly.:)

Banned

faevilangel;5504620

lynds changed hers as it had her married name in it, and they split so … lynds changed hers as it had her married name in it, and they split so thats a valid request, changing your name "cos it doesn't suit you" anymore isnt a valid request, get over it :lol:

havent their been a few others, one even wanted to change and was allowed because of some alpha male thing, and being able to get a job, or was that his real name, also wasnt marz bar something else first, oh yeah and black gerbil was something else too

Original Poster

juliet_bravo;5506519

You received a reply, you've actually quoted the information you were … You received a reply, you've actually quoted the information you were given

i havent said i didnt get a reply, i just wasnt happy with the reply i got, i think its quite understandable the reason why i would like to change my screen name.

wickedteen;5506667

i havent said i didnt get a reply, i just wasnt happy with the reply i … i havent said i didnt get a reply, i just wasnt happy with the reply i got, i think its quite understandable the reason why i would like to change my screen name.

Well i'm guessing there obviously not. I think you will just have to accept there ruling.

I think they only change them based on racial/negative reasoning.

The JFK;5506541

Why didn't you just use that name when you signed up?And BTW, just for … Why didn't you just use that name when you signed up?And BTW, just for the record, Mods always get back to me - usually very quickly.:)

hanky panky?

strike;5506682

hanky panky?

Nah, they just probably reply to me quickly because I'm important.

Banned

Adam2050;5506679

Well i'm guessing there obviously not. I think you will just have to … Well i'm guessing there obviously not. I think you will just have to accept there ruling.I think they only change them based on racial/negative reasoning.

not true, it purely depends how much of a whinge bag you are to what you get, should be no problem when i want to change mine

sassie;5506706

not true, it purely depends how much of a whinge bag you are to what you … not true, it purely depends how much of a whinge bag you are to what you get, should be no problem when i want to change mine

Okay I might change mine to what I wanted. lol

LimpingMonkey

wickedteen;5499935

But you weren't a teenager when you signed up to HUKD!!

uve only been a member for a year tho so why did u use the username wickedteen wheen you were 36 :?lol

shibi din;5506777

I'm confused :?

This doesnt make sense, you joined in 08, so you've aged 21 years in 1 year?...........

tinkerbell28;5506807

God what happens when I am 38 will I be accused of trying to make myself … God what happens when I am 38 will I be accused of trying to make myself look younger

yes :thumbsup:

tinkerbell28;5506876

It's a username he has had all his life, well since he was a teen and to … It's a username he has had all his life, well since he was a teen and to keep continuity he used it on this forum as it's always been his ID.Then posters here started reading things into it and got offended, so he askeds to change it as people were complaining is that right op?

How the heck does anyone get offended by that. Some people just need to be banned for silly things. Not aimed at OP.

tinkerbell28;5506883

:w00t: Yeah thought so, about right for here ;-)

lol

Banned

you could always ask again, or contact the others who have got names changed and ask what bull they gave to get them changed, then use the same bull

You've kept the same 'screen name' for 21 years?
The Internet hasn't been public for that long :|..

sassie;5506923

you could always ask again, or contact the others who have got names … you could always ask again, or contact the others who have got names changed and ask what bull they gave to get them changed, then use the same bull

Yeh I contacted them and said Sassie said to whine and i will get you what you want.

Ad:thumbsup:

Banned

Adam2050;5506949

Yeh I contacted them and said Sassie said to whine and i will get you … Yeh I contacted them and said Sassie said to whine and i will get you what you want.Ad:thumbsup:

ya dipstick, where did i say mention my name, not a good start - lol

shibi din;5506777

Adam2050;5506796

I'm confused :?

This answer below, by micoo, explains what my comment meant.

micoo;5506793

uve only been a member for a year tho so why did u use the username … uve only been a member for a year tho so why did u use the username wickedteen wheen you were 36 :?lol

tinkerbell28;5506876

It's a username he has had all his life, well since he was a teen and to … It's a username he has had all his life, well since he was a teen and to keep continuity he used it on this forum as it's always been his ID.Then posters here started reading things into it and got offended, so he asked to change it as people were complaining is that right op?

However, this answer by tinkerbell28, explains more clearly (to me anyway) why op wants to change name. I think people should be a bit more open minded as to why people have called themselves what they have - I mean, do we really think it was Tinkerbell who wrote that post?!! :roll:

Having said that, I must admit that I sometimes am guilty of judging a person by their username. Anyone else find they do this?

t0mm;5506947

You've kept the same 'screen name' for 21 years? The Internet hasn't been … You've kept the same 'screen name' for 21 years? The Internet hasn't been public for that long :|..

maybe he helped develop it at university??
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition65700
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions