Expired

How long........

Found 18th Aug 2010
would you wait for an item to be delivered by somebody after a purchase on Ebay, before rasing it with Paypal?

I won the auction on Saturday 7th August and paid for the item via pp on Monday 9th, i messaged the seller yesterday to ask if it had been posted as i have still not recieved it, no reply from him as of yet.

Some of his previous feedback states that his delivery can be slow but i don't want to leave it to long before raising it with paypal.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
21 Comments

Banned

14 days

Email asking them about it first, no need to run straight to paypal/ebay, could be a genuine reason, although when I am selling I always send by the next available post, often same day if bought before 4pm, mind you I live 2 minute walk away from PO

Distance selling allows 28 days for delivery of new goods.

Original Poster

I have just waiting for a responce from them. It only needs to come from Glasgow to South tyneside not and million miles away.

The delivery states `sellers standard rate` whatever that is and that the seller posts within 3 working days of cleared funds. Hope it comes soon!

harlzter

Email asking them about it first, no need to run straight to paypal/ebay, … Email asking them about it first, no need to run straight to paypal/ebay, could be a genuine reason, although when I am selling I always send by the next available post, often same day if bought before 4pm, mind you I live 2 minute walk away from PO

If it hasn't arrived by Friday report it anyway especially as there's been no response. At least you've set the ball rolling. If the seller gets in touch and you receive the item then you cancel the claim.

i would report it now and open a claim. That will get the sellers attention.
Also on the auction it states his expected delivery time, this can be between 1-30 days (i think)

Have a check before opening a case.

jasonsowden

i would report it now and open a claim. That will get the sellers … i would report it now and open a claim. That will get the sellers attention.Also on the auction it states his expected delivery time, this can be between 1-30 days (i think)Have a check before opening a case.

Cant edit....again.
But had a look -

Domestic dispatch time
Will usually post within 1 working day of receiving cleared payment

This can be found at the bottom of the P+P tab

Original Poster

I've had a look at the resoloution centre on ebay but when i select the item i get this message back - We're sorry there's a problem with your purchase. Unfortunately, this item isn't in a category that's covered by eBay Buyer Protection. We don't offer buyer protection on items listed in the Real Estate category, certain Motors categories, or in the Classified Ad format. You can try to work out this problem by contacting the seller- opens in a new window or tab.

The item was a signet gift card item number - 300452921577.

Is this guy trying to scam me?

Original Poster

So whats the next step? I'll be covered by Paypal if not by Ebay.... won't i??

Have you tried raising in PP instead?

Original Poster

I have just filed a dispute with Paypal, i just hope that it will end up turning up and there is a reasoniable explaination.

Original Poster

Really??? Damn!! Looks like i'am £180 worse off :-(

tinkerbell28

Erm it's not covered it's a giftcard.

I had a problem with a gift card purchase on eBay not arriving and got spooked when eBay resolution centre said the category isn't covered but don't worry, just open a Paypal dispute and they'll help you sort it out, they did for me and I got my money back.

Original Poster

Thank god for that! I would have kicked myself if i ended up being out of pocket!

I read through his feedback before i bought and there was some neg's their but i thought i'd go for it anyway, never again, school boy error really. Although it is still possible it'll turn up.

sickly sweet

I had a problem with a gift card purchase on eBay not arriving and got … I had a problem with a gift card purchase on eBay not arriving and got spooked when eBay resolution centre said the category isn't covered but don't worry, just open a Paypal dispute and they'll help you sort it out, they did for me and I got my money back.

Original Poster

No it was via my debit card, i did have 2nd thoughts about it with his feedback but stupidly i thought i'd go for it anyway. Have pp ever offer protection for giftcards? if so any idea when they stopped?

tinkerbell28

Nope if you look on the listing there is no protection eligible banner, … Nope if you look on the listing there is no protection eligible banner, as it's a giftcard it's not. But with pp nothing is ever 100%, but did you pay buy cc, you could try them?But I have to ask wtf possesed you to buy from him? His stars and fb are crap especially to part with 200 odd and no cover :(Giftcards are not covered via ebay or pp now.

Ref above...depends what category they have listed in it...thats all pp look at

Original Poster

How long ago was your problem with the gift card if you don't mind me asking?

sickly sweet

I had a problem with a gift card purchase on eBay not arriving and got … I had a problem with a gift card purchase on eBay not arriving and got spooked when eBay resolution centre said the category isn't covered but don't worry, just open a Paypal dispute and they'll help you sort it out, they did for me and I got my money back.

Original Poster

It was also listed in - Jewellery & Watches > Other Jewellery, does this not count for anything?

Try opening a pp dispute....if it lets you see what happens,...

Original Poster

Me too!

tinkerbell28

Exactly pp don't know half of their own rules you could get lucky, I hope … Exactly pp don't know half of their own rules you could get lucky, I hope so.

Original Poster

Just had this from the seller -
Hi there, sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I'm just back from holiday, where I left the postage of this item in the (in)capable hands of my brother, who forgot to post it. I will be posting this item first thing tomorrow special delivery. I will provide you tracking details and you will recieve it Friday guaranteed. Thankyou for your patience

Finers crossed all will work out ok!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Benefit of exercise48320
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771825
    3. ARGOS HAVE SENT MORE £5 DISCOUNT VOUCHERS!55
    4. Fake news22

See more discussions