Expired

How long do Asda take to take payment?

Found 30th Nov 2011
Picked up a few things in Asda last night, only totaling £27.
Paid with my Barclays Debit Card through the self serve checkout , but the money still hasnt been requested from my account, its not in the 'pending pot' and they havnt taken the £1 they sometimes do before taking the full payment,

Anyone got any idea how long it takes? In my experience its always been immediatley
Community Updates
Misc
13 Comments
ussually it takes a few days to clear
im sure it comes of straight away and into a holding bit until asda claim it thats why it doesnt always show on your statement for the day you bought things.
I think they have changed it as it use to go out of my bank right away now it doesn't go till two days later so sometimes I never know where I'm up to with the money in my bank.
even if it hasnt been taken out and displayed in the 'pending pot' surely you realise the money is already accounted for so just minus the £27 off your curent total
?????
profit

(well in this case no profit cos you're paying for goods :p)
I used an asda petrol station, it took 3 months for the money to come out!
gemmybobs

I used an asda petrol station, it took 3 months for the money to come out!

Was that a while ago, it happened to me and i remember reading about it online.
pink-ka

Was that a while ago, it happened to me and i remember reading about it … Was that a while ago, it happened to me and i remember reading about it online.

yeah, last year I think, Coop was quite bad for it too, I got several bank charges thanks to them!
They'll take it straight away and won't deliver until you ring them 10 times
Banned
they NEVER take £1 before full payment for a store purchase!
Original Poster
Thank you all for your answers, its been deducted now!
For future reference, the amount will be set against your -available- balance on the day of purchase. The authorisation will automatically be removed after 7 to 10 days if the payment has not been taken, and the funds will become available to you again. Normally the funds will be taken within that time.

However, the company has up to 6 years (yes SIX YEARS) to take the funds.

HTH
Asda self scan, you can use your card and it takes no money for 2 days. it also lets you use your card if you dont have any money in. I spent £20 and got £10 cash back the day before payday and i only had £3 in the bank and it worked the money came out the day after i got paid and no charges
catbradley83

Asda self scan, you can use your card and it takes no money for 2 days. … Asda self scan, you can use your card and it takes no money for 2 days. it also lets you use your card if you dont have any money in. I spent £20 and got £10 cash back the day before payday and i only had £3 in the bank and it worked the money came out the day after i got paid and no charges

Thats not true, as my card was declined, i had money in when i walked into the shop, but a payment came out when i was in there, and my card wouldn't work.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants