How long do things sit in customs for?

Banned 3 replies
Found 1st Jan 2015
I have a parcel sitting in customs since the 28th and just wondered if there's a minimum/maximum time frame things stay there for ? And is it likely I will get a customs charge?

It's not anything dodgy, just a large Plushie (aprox 23") for my daughter and a normal size pen, ordered from Otakumode.com,Japan.

We've had around 6 parcels from them over the last 2 months and this is the first time anything has been stopped in customs, had things delivered on the 31st that went through after this order.

Thanks x

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
3 Comments

Do you have a tracking number?
Depending on what the sender has declared the value of it then you might get a customs charge through your door if it is being sent by Royal Mail or if it is a courier that does the final mile you'll probably get the item and then a few weeks later get a letter from the likes of DHL etc asking for the charge (not sure why they do this)

If you've got a tracking number that says National Hub etc probably 3-4 days at the time of the year.

It's likely because of the new year it could wait there a few days, longest I've ever had anything sit in customs was about 2 days (I didn't get charged on that occasion though!)

The pen will be holding it up.
I guess it would suspicious in the scanner.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. dakine backpacks22
    2. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?11
    3. Home CCTV system advice.33
    4. Android pay set up59

See more discussions