How long does a music magpie quote stay valid?

Found 3rd Mar 2015
Just wondering how long it stays valid for e.g. if I get a quote for £10 and the item changes in price to £8 the next day, how long do they honor the original £10 price?

Can't see anything in their FAQ.
Community Updates
AskMusical
6 Comments
In their general queries section it says

How long do I have to send out my items?
You have 10 days to confirm the details of your order. There is no time limit on sending in the items once the order has been confirmed.

So probably 10 days before the quote expires.
dreadzone101

In their general queries section it saysHow long do I have to send out my … In their general queries section it saysHow long do I have to send out my items?You have 10 days to confirm the details of your order. There is no time limit on sending in the items once the order has been confirmed.So probably 10 days before the quote expires.

Their delivery service usualy takes around that long.
Might give them a call.
teh arn

Their delivery service usualy takes around that long.Might give them a … Their delivery service usualy takes around that long.Might give them a call.

Did you confirm and accept their quote? If so, I think it would stay that price provided they get it in a reasonable time. I doubt they'd look at something which was quoted for £10 and then say you're not getting that because the current price is dropped. If it's agreed on £10, it should remain that price provided you've accepted it and completed the order. That's the policy with Amazon. I've sold stuff on it before that have changed in price after I've sent it, but since I sent it agreeing to the stated price, that's what they gave me. I would say music magpie would be the same, though I've never sold to them before.
dreadzone101

Did you confirm and accept their quote? If so, I think it would stay that … Did you confirm and accept their quote? If so, I think it would stay that price provided they get it in a reasonable time. I doubt they'd look at something which was quoted for £10 and then say you're not getting that because the current price is dropped. If it's agreed on £10, it should remain that price provided you've accepted it and completed the order. That's the policy with Amazon. I've sold stuff on it before that have changed in price after I've sent it, but since I sent it agreeing to the stated price, that's what they gave me. I would say music magpie would be the same, though I've never sold to them before.

That was just a random price I gave as an example; I've dealt with Music Magpie before and they're pretty bad.
teh arn

That was just a random price I gave as an example; I've dealt with Music … That was just a random price I gave as an example; I've dealt with Music Magpie before and they're pretty bad.

Yeah, I've heard that rejected items don't get sent back to you I still reckon that if a price is agreed on and accepted, then it would remain that price even if it were to drop by the time they received it. Should call them to clarify.
dreadzone101

Yeah, I've heard that rejected items don't get sent back to you I … Yeah, I've heard that rejected items don't get sent back to you I still reckon that if a price is agreed on and accepted, then it would remain that price even if it were to drop by the time they received it. Should call them to clarify.

Yep I had something rejected; it wasn't a lot of money, it was £15, but I bought it from Tesco just to trade in so was a bit annoyed.
They said they wouldn't send any money and were going to throw the item away, so I phoned up and complained and they then sent a cheque for the original agreed amount.

Just off the phone to them; they hold to price for 3 months.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants