how long does first class recorded deliverey usually take?

21 replies
Found 1st Oct 2009
hi, i posted something by first class recorded delivery 3 days ago and it still hasn't got there (according to the track and trace website)
i assumed it would be delivered next day as it always has done before
how long on average does it usually take?
thank you

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
21 Comments

Original Poster

Jumpingphil;6447855

You do know there are postal strikes on at the moment don't you.:?

yes but i thought that was just in a couple of areas

Jumpingphil;6447855

You do know there are postal strikes on at the moment don't you.:?

I was going to say the same thing.
]http//ww…760

normally 2 days but post seems to be taking forever.
I am waiting on something posted 1st class on Saturday still :-(

missp27;6447862

yes but i thought that was just in a couple of areas

will effect eveywhere I guess though sadly

Sloth/Mod

Apparently we have 500,000 undelivered items of mail here and they reckon they will never be delivered........................so your answer is................probably never. :-D

I think everyone is in the same boat,that thread i was on yesterday where there'd been problems in the FS forum,that took 11 working days to arrive.

I'm waiting on something that was sent on Monday.

Syzable;6447902

Apparently we have 500,000 undelivered items of mail here and they reckon … Apparently we have 500,000 undelivered items of mail here and they reckon they will never be delivered........................so your answer is................probably never. :-D

How can they just not deliver them though,what are they going to do with them:w00t:

I just re-read your OP, sometimes the tracking never updates and never shows as delivered.

Sloth/Mod

deb8z;6447911

How can they just not deliver them though,what are they going to do with … How can they just not deliver them though,what are they going to do with them:w00t:

God knows. :? That was from Royal Mail themselves here so they'll probably share them round for Xmas Bonuses. lol

Syzable;6447924

God knows. :? That was from Royal Mail themselves here so they'll … God knows. :? That was from Royal Mail themselves here so they'll probably share them round for Xmas Bonuses. lol

I don't think Royal Mail said that, it was reported that way.

From Scotland to Manchester it took a week!

Sloth/Mod

thesaint;6447950

I don't think Royal Mail said that, it was reported that way.

It was comments made in our local paper with the Union Rep and Management in Peterborough. :thumbsup:

4lyons09;6447887

normally 2 days but post seems to be taking forever.I am waiting on … normally 2 days but post seems to be taking forever.I am waiting on something posted 1st class on Saturday still :-(

The usual quoted period is 1 to 3 days.

I sent something by Recorded (or "Signed For", or whatever it is rebranded as these days) Delivery on Tuesday afternoon & it reached the recipient a day later.

However, yesterday I sent something else & the counter staff representative at the Post Office said that a delivery period couldn't be guaranteed "as there is a post strike on".

(She told me this after taking my money... I wasn't in the mood to start the "...so I've just paid for a service you cannot provide..." line as I needed to get to work, but I may get into that discussion the next time I go into a branch... if I can find one, that is)

BFN,

fp.

Syzable;6447972

It was comments made in our local paper with the Union Rep and Management … It was comments made in our local paper with the Union Rep and Management in Peterborough. :thumbsup:

I would be very interested to see Royal Mail say that items may never be delivered.

Sloth/Mod

thesaint;6448017

I would be very interested to see Royal Mail say that items may never be … I would be very interested to see Royal Mail say that items may never be delivered.

I've thrown the paper now but it was along the lines of if the P'boro staff don't halt their actions then it will happen. We haven't been following the national strikes. They've been striking 2 days a week here nearly every week for ages now.

I'm still waiting for some post from as far back as 6 weeks now.

Banned

thesaint;6448017

I would be very interested to see Royal Mail say that items may never be … I would be very interested to see Royal Mail say that items may never be delivered.

they didnt - it was a union rep.

I classify them as one level up from an MP!

csiman;6448637

they didnt - it was a union rep.I classify them as one level up from an … they didnt - it was a union rep.I classify them as one level up from an MP!

Up... or down? :w00t:

Syzable;6448020

I've thrown the paper now but it was along the lines of if the P'boro … I've thrown the paper now but it was along the lines of if the P'boro staff don't halt their actions then it will happen. We haven't been following the national strikes. They've been striking 2 days a week here nearly every week for ages now.I'm still waiting for some post from as far back as 6 weeks now.

I think I read it online too..........

Yep... here.... news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

Banned

ClarityofMind;6448663

Up... or down? :w00t:

cant get lower than an MP ;-)

csiman;6448694

cant get lower than an MP ;-)

Pond scum? uhmm.. dead beat dads? ;-)

ClarityofMind;6448673

I think I read it online too..........Yep... here.... … I think I read it online too..........Yep... here.... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8273214.stm

That's not Royal Mail saying so.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247615
    2. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604803
    3. Free sweet Sunday’s code11
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769363

See more discussions