How long does it take for the

7 replies
Found 25th Aug 2010
police to respond to an assault that was reported a day after it had happened. Will it drag on for months or be dealt with swiftly, let me guess that all depends on how quickly the evidence is compiled? It happened at a supermarket, at the checkouts and there were alot of witnesses.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
7 Comments

Banned

what do you mean respond? You called them and are waiting for them to arrive? Probably same/next day

Original Poster

Well what I meant was, after reporting it, whats their next steps? How do they go about it?

in my case it was 6 weeks from when I gave my statement to when they went round and took it further.

Banned

will depend on loads of things.
Assuming they can be bothered to investigate, they will probably start by getting the cctv footage, watch it and see if they can identify the person then take it from there.

Original Poster

MinstrelMan

in my case it was 6 weeks from when I gave my statement to when they went … in my case it was 6 weeks from when I gave my statement to when they went round and took it further.

6 blimin weeks, haha by then I'll have forgotten about it

Original Poster

colinsunderland

will depend on loads of things.Assuming they can be bothered to … will depend on loads of things.Assuming they can be bothered to investigate, they will probably start by getting the cctv footage, watch it and see if they can identify the person then take it from there.

So if I gave them the statement yesterday, would they be on the job today, or would they start with my case a week later for example?

4 weeks for me
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415447
    2. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993252
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522876
    4. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA1122

See more discussions