Groups

How long does it take to format a XBOX 360 20gb hard drive?

In a rush later as I have sold my 360 and the bloke is coming round 20 minutes after I get in from work.

How long does it take to format the xbox drive?

Is there anything else I need to do before selling it on, like a system reset or anything?

thanks in advance

9 Comments

unplug it

Only takes a min or so. Sometimes when you select the format option you have to enter the serial number for the xbox

Original Poster

iNSOMANiAC;7603058

unplug it

genius, and to think I stuck up for City the other day on your thread:thumbsup:

Original Poster

imafish2002;7603079

Only takes a min or so. Sometimes when you select the format option you … Only takes a min or so. Sometimes when you select the format option you have to enter the serial number for the xbox

The hard drive is from my old premium, so do I enter that serial (its RROD and makes a good doorstop upstairs) or the arcade that I use it in?

You'll have to enter the serial for the machine its plugged in to. Think its just a security measure to stop you nerfing your HDD when you don't mean to :P

Original Poster

imafish2002;7603101

You'll have to enter the serial for the machine its plugged in to. Think … You'll have to enter the serial for the machine its plugged in to. Think its just a security measure to stop you nerfing your HDD when you don't mean to :P

brilliant, thanks for your help

Done mine a coupe of days ago, takes minutes literally!
    You will have to get the serial from the back of the machine as this pairs the HDD with the xbox.

yeah thats about it, nothing else to do, expect clean it and make it look nice.

Original Poster

norfolk_enchance;7603333

Done mine a coupe of days ago, takes minutes literally!You will have to … Done mine a coupe of days ago, takes minutes literally!You will have to get the serial from the back of the machine as this pairs the HDD with the xbox.

Tanchi;7603376

yeah thats about it, nothing else to do, expect clean it and make it look … yeah thats about it, nothing else to do, expect clean it and make it look nice.

thanks to both for your help, just thought I would check
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Hard Drive Setup34
      2. ID Mobile - 30 day contract - Ending - Notice needed for PAC request ?11
      3. Foo Fighters O2 live stream?11
      4. Flight delay compensation614

See more discussions