How Long For CEX To Check A Console?

Found 12th Mar 2016
Trading in a PS Vita and some games, just wondered if I will have to wait long instore for them to check it?
Community Updates
AskGames Console
18 Comments
If you've got a GAME near the CEX I'd go to GAME instead and get a better rate using the price match from CEX. Should take anywhere between 10-60 minutes at both depending on the time.
game do not offer price match. took 2 ds games to cex they offered £7.50 each. asked in game to see if theyl match they said they can offer £7.50 for 2 games. told them about peicr match they didnt comment on that just said thats best we can do.
Will be using CEX as will be buying a PC CPU using the voucher. If it's an hour they will be closing as I'm not up there until later.
Edited by: "hornblowerracing" 12th Mar 2016
JaYy_dOg

game do not offer price match. took 2 ds games to cex they offered £7.50 … game do not offer price match. took 2 ds games to cex they offered £7.50 each. asked in game to see if theyl match they said they can offer £7.50 for 2 games. told them about peicr match they didnt comment on that just said thats best we can do.

​Game beat prices by £1, unless CEX are offering more than Game sell it for
The Game price match is a myth it doesn't exist
The game shop has to be within a mile of cex and you need a print out of the cex price.
The game shop has to be within a mile of cex and you need a print out of the cex price.
Game defo have price match but in the parameters people have said. Saying that, a lot of it is down to manager's discretion, they can say no if they want to.

CeX are better than Game anyway and I used to work there.
Game will beat CEX by £1 on store credit for games, they will only price match for cash.

You do not need a receipt from CEX, you can just show Game the price from CEX using a smartphone.

They will also beat prices on consoles, phones etc by (I think) 5% store credit. They will price match for cash.

Even if CEX are offering more than GAME are selling for, they are still obliged to price match/beat by £1.

I they refuse or deny this, contact GAME customer services and report the store.

I don't know about consoles but it took CEX an hour and a half to check my mobile phone the first and last time I ever traded with them. I have witnessed GAME staff look briefly at a phone and within 5 minutes complete the transaction.
My son took Disney infinity in they would not match cex as the said the break the game up an don't sell as a whole item don't know if this is the case with just a game.
hornblowerracing

Trading in a PS Vita and some games, just wondered if I will have … Trading in a PS Vita and some games, just wondered if I will have to wait long instore for them to check it?

Would't Gumtree (or even eBay) raise a better price?
andynicol

Would't Gumtree (or even eBay) raise a better price?

Not really, plus I am buying something from there anyway.
stuarthanley

Game will beat CEX by £1 on store credit for games, they will only price … Game will beat CEX by £1 on store credit for games, they will only price match for cash.You do not need a receipt from CEX, you can just show Game the price from CEX using a smartphone.They will also beat prices on consoles, phones etc by (I think) 5% store credit. They will price match for cash.Even if CEX are offering more than GAME are selling for, they are still obliged to price match/beat by £1. I they refuse or deny this, contact GAME customer services and report the store.I don't know about consoles but it took CEX an hour and a half to check my mobile phone the first and last time I ever traded with them. I have witnessed GAME staff look briefly at a phone and within 5 minutes complete the transaction.

This is true, I meant to say store credit as well. I did this last year and traded in a load of games and a PSP. I got an extra £1 per game from GAME and the extra % on the PSP. In the end I ended up with about £320 store credit, the total from CEX was less by default as GAME has to beat their prices. No questions, ifs or buts. What made it easier was I checked the prices for CEX online, printed a list comparing them to GAME and the difference in price then gave that list to the staff. They checked one or two of the prices online then carried on with sorting it out. The CEX shop was about 200 metres away.

This info is on GAME's website as well as their trace in price promise being advertised all over the shop.
Game do not have to match CEX and indeed they won't if the CEX trade in price is more than they sell it for. It doesn't happen often, but if it does they'll only offer what they're prepared to offer.

There's no point reporting the store as at the bottom of the T&Cs it says manager's decision is final or words to that effect. That covers them if they don't want to take the game off you
hamy262

The game shop has to be within a mile of cex and you need a print out of … The game shop has to be within a mile of cex and you need a print out of the cex price.

No you need to take your phone and show the cex website.

Just been to game offered 5 for shadow of mordor shown them cex website offering 8 they gave me 9. Dying light they offered me 10 sown them cex offering 20 they gave me 21.

All the idiots commenting, game price match all pre owned..unless the price is more than they sell for or is part of a multi deal that someone has broken up
Oh and I bought heavy rain/beyond 2 souls if your interested (_;)
Jonwilkie

No you need to take your phone and show the cex website.Just been to game … No you need to take your phone and show the cex website.Just been to game offered 5 for shadow of mordor shown them cex website offering 8 they gave me 9. Dying light they offered me 10 sown them cex offering 20 they gave me 21.All the idiots commenting, game price match all pre owned..unless the price is more than they sell for or is part of a multi deal that someone has broken up

​I traded some games into the Game shop in Londonderry and they wouldn't look up price or look on my phone. Said I had to come back with print out. Just giving people a heads up in case like myself it was a wasted journey.
game don't do price match anymore, it stopped last week, but the prices have been changed and some even better than cex now (I work at game)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions