How long have I got to ship an item with Hermes after paying for postage?

Posted 21st Jan
This morning, I paid to send an item via Hermes and printed the label, but I can only send it tomorrow morning.

I remember I did the same once with Royal Mail and the Post Office clerk complained that the package had to be delivered to the office within the same day. Is is the same with Hermes? Sorry for the silly question, but I don't want to take chances. Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Was it a label you purchased from their website? You can post whenever. I usually print labels for my parcel with hermes and then deliver whenever.
Edited by: "Farah01" 21st Jan
Why the heck would you do that if you weren't ready!?

Secondly, Hermes!
Mr_Gus21/01/2020 15:58

Why the heck would you do that if you weren't ready!?Secondly, Hermes! …Why the heck would you do that if you weren't ready!?Secondly, Hermes!

There’s people out there who may want to print out their labels a day before (especially if they’ve got a bulk of parcels) and deliver the next morning, rather than go through the hassle first thing in the morning of printing and sticking labels. It’s called using my time wisely and being organised thank you very much
You mean drop off.
Delivery is what the courier does.
Organised means clearing the decks of all post every day because you never know what is going to crop up & eat into your time tomorrow.

Pre-printing is an incumberance that can easily trip you up & confuse couriers when on a manifest as print out & paid for, vs actual despatch of goods.
ebay post office gives you 2 days to drop off parcel, date is printed on the label.

myhermes gives you more time.
so wouldn't worry.
Mr_Gus21/01/2020 17:03

You mean drop off.Delivery is what the courier does.Organised means …You mean drop off.Delivery is what the courier does.Organised means clearing the decks of all post every day because you never know what is going to crop up & eat into your time tomorrow.Pre-printing is an incumberance that can easily trip you up & confuse couriers when on a manifest as print out & paid for, vs actual despatch of goods.

How will it confuse couriers? You could pay for a parcel, print the label and attached to a parcel on Monday, then do the same on Tuesday with another parcel, then again on Wednesday, then again on Thursday and finally take all of them to a Hermes drop off on Friday, Hermes will pick up all your parcels and any others that day (they haven't been especially waiting for just your parcel) and deliver it a few days later, it make no difference to them when you drop it off and doesn't confuse anyone.
Edited by: "MIDURIX" 21st Jan
It used to confuse courier reps reading from a manifest when doing a trace on an item.
We used to send out hundreds of parcels per day & used to experience that a lot whilst having to stress the difference in how it may appear on a manifest.
deleted2426366
I believe it is 7 days.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants