Groups
    EXPIRED

How long is too long for rac to arrive?

Just wondering if there was any set time limits for rac response
    broke down at 1pm,they finally turned up at 7.15pm but said on the phone it was a 2 and a half hour wait
    Typically it broke down on a very skinny country lane and refused to start again!
    once rac arrived they had to then get a trailer out which was another hour wait

11 Comments

Aren't they supposed to be within you within 45 min?

Seems a bit long that, i had the aa out last month and it took 35 minutes, i was really impressed

Guess it depends how far you were from the nearest patrol

wow certainly long time - write letter complaint

Original Poster

I think i will write to let them know i was disappointed the fact it was bakin hot too didnt help as grumpiness was setting in whilst waiting lol

rac.co.uk/

We [COLOR="Red"]aim[/COLOR] to get to you within 40 minutes - 24/7, 365 days a year - and we give priority attention to anyone in a vulnerable situation :?

Post your moan on there blog: rac.co.uk/for…=19 ;-)

Thats pretty shocking really, You pay for the service and should expect a decent response, I know at times there may be waits, but that long is just shocking!

Original Poster

worst thing was needing a drink and being stuck in the middle of nowhere in the blazing heat unable to go anywhere

We had the same tretment from the AA. Had a blow out of 2 tyres on the motorway and it took them 4 hours to get to us. We also had 3 kids (one was 6 months old) in the car and the AA knew this. We got £80 upgraded membership extended for one year. Play merry hell with them and do not take their first offer or apology.

When my parents got stuck in the floods the other year, they wasnt under water just drove through a huge puddle and ******ed car up, the rac SAID they were coming out as soon as poss then failed to call them back to say they wasnt going to come, they ended up sleeping in car all night!!! My parents are in there 60's and we ended up towing them home ourselfs next day!

Mardyass;5361606

I think i will write to let them know i was disappointed the fact it was … I think i will write to let them know i was disappointed the fact it was bakin hot too didnt help as grumpiness was setting in whilst waiting lol

Definately write an email complaining. I sent an email to them earlier this year as i had to wait 4 hours when i was told initially theyl be with me in 1 hour. sent n email off and got a letter back from them about a month later and i think i got 3 months cover for free.. Better than nothing i guess.. Just tried lookin for the email address i sent it to but dont have it, sorry. have a look on their website. i would recommend emailing directly to them to put an official complaint rather than leaving a post on a forum. good luck

I had a 2 hour wait with them before, wrote and complained but nothing ever came of it. worth a try though...

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Ditched Sky1214
    2. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
    3. Biscuit addiction1231
    4. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325

See more discussions