How long should I give an eBay seller to ship item?

Posted 31st Jan
Hi,

Purchased an item last Sunday, estimated delivery date was due Wednesday/Thursday.

Politely messaged him today and he responded he would get it done ASAP... although there were a couple other bids on the item I still got it at a good price.... I don't think he will probably send it and he may have realised he should have set a starting bid.

Im happy to wait until next week... just wondering if there is a time limit sellers are given before you can request a refund etc?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
I think it’s 7 days after it’s estimated delivery date that you can put in for a refund
If the eBay estimated date has passed you can open an item not received case. That might speed them up if nothing else.
But if you want to be "nice" then you may wish to wait for a week or so.
People who don't sell regularly don't understand many of the rules and the need to change the default settings. In these cases, I give them a week from purchase, thus waiting beyond the expected delivery date as this is almost always within 3-4 days from the purchase date thanks to ebay's default shipment settings.

If the seller sells regularly though, I open a case as soon as I am eligible to do so. A quick scan of the seller's feedback helps in deciding as well.
If it's actually coming by ship, then you have to be generous with your timings
Edited by: "Gollywood" 31st Jan
Im in the same position won on 18 January estimated delivery 24 January. The seller is using my hermes he gave me the tracking number and its been stuck at Coventry depot. When I checked again today its still stuck at Coventry depot. The last message from seller (sent today was he is going to contact my hermes). My plan is to wait till Wednesday next week and then I will put in a case.
princesskizzy31/01/2020 19:11

Im in the same position won on 18 January estimated delivery 24 January. …Im in the same position won on 18 January estimated delivery 24 January. The seller is using my hermes he gave me the tracking number and its been stuck at Coventry depot. When I checked again today its still stuck at Coventry depot. The last message from seller (sent today was he is going to contact my hermes). My plan is to wait till Wednesday next week and then I will put in a case.

It doesn't mean it's stuck there, i think it means it's the last place it was scanned so it may well be lost.
m1keyp1key31/01/2020 19:15

It doesn't mean it's stuck there, i think it means it's the last place it …It doesn't mean it's stuck there, i think it means it's the last place it was scanned so it may well be lost.

Thats what Im thinking
princesskizzy31/01/2020 19:16

Thats what Im thinking

Having said that i've had something from Amazon turn up after a week of it being "stuck". But someone did say to me they sometimes leave containers to be sorted for days.
m1keyp1key31/01/2020 19:19

Having said that i've had something from Amazon turn up after a week of it …Having said that i've had something from Amazon turn up after a week of it being "stuck". But someone did say to me they sometimes leave containers to be sorted for days.

Seller has been chasing hermes and he has got back to me the item has been lost by hermes. Right pain in the neck so getting a refund.
deleted41869
Contacting Hermes is a nightmare they still owe me over £100 for lost parcels blaming packlink and vice versa
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants