How long should i have to wait for a refund?

16 replies
Found 6th Dec 2016
Just wondered if anyone could clarify please?

Ordered an item from an Amazon Marketplace seller on 26th.

Received a dispatch confirmation on 27th, expected delivery by 5th December.

Contacted them today as nothing arrived, was told they had oversold the item and it was now on backorder.

I've requested a refund so I can order elsewhere - the seller has said they will process this 'within 14 days'.

I've replied to say that this is unacceptable, they have since said "in accordance to european legislation we have 14 days to process cancellation requests".

Is this right?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
16 Comments

That's right yeah however pop on Amazon live chat and they will refund it immediately

They have up to 14 days but I have never waited that long for it however by demanding it sooner I think you would have ****** them off and they will run to the maximum

They just say 14 days it won't take that long maybe 3/4

forward that message to customer service as well. Might get more prime months

Yes, i would have suggested wait 14 days even before reading your whole post. You should get an email to confirm the refund in the next few days.

Amazon are pretty good with that.

I had a vendor fail to refund postage for an item i returned that was flagged as offering free returns. I went on the live chat and the amazon rep offered to credit my account with the postage as we would have needed to have waited for the retailer to respond (they had failed twice) and if it was alright with me, Amazon would refund direct to my account. i was pleased with the outcome.

If it is still a pending transaction then you can ask amazon for a headed email stating that the order is cancelled and show it to your bank and your bank should deposit it back into your account straight away or even just try and send your bank the messages from the seller showing that they said the item is cancelled if amazon doesn't send the headed email.

Amazon used to be good at this sort of thing, but now are rubbish.

Sambat

Amazon used to be good at this sort of thing, but now are rubbish.

​It was a Marketplace seller. I've never had a problem with Amazon themselves.

so they marked as dispatched and it wasn't?

if so report, that's against Amazons tos/aup etc

Was the seller Bizo UK by any chance? I was in the exact same boat with the exact same dates. Like AStonedRaichu mentioned, Live Chat processed my refund within minutes.

Original Poster

Raised an A-Z claim... refund issued about an hour later, with a snotty note saying they said they'd refund "within" 14 days, and (I quote), "the keyword was within".

It wasn't Bizo UK though, it was MKCF Outlet... never encountered such a rude and aggressive seller before. Amazon confirmed they'd breached policy by marking as dispatched when it wasn't... oh well, they've lost a customer.

Original Poster

Ok... I left negative feedback for this seller, purely because of their attitude and the way they handled it. Since then I've had a barrage of emails demanding I remove it - and now they're threatening to sue me for libel! oO

My feedback was left on 6th December if anyone wants to take a look... You'll see I'm not the only unhappy buyer, and I suspect the 5* feedback they've just received may actually be a friend of theirs...

I'm gonna contact Amazon again today to complain about threatening behaviour... anyone else ever had this from a seller?
Edited by: "miikeyblue" 8th Dec 2016

miikeyblue

Ok... I left negative feedback for this seller, purely because of their … Ok... I left negative feedback for this seller, purely because of their attitude and the way they handled it. Since then I've had a barrage of emails demanding I remove it - and now they're threatening to sue me for libel! oOMy feedback was left on 6th December if anyone wants to take a look... You'll see I'm not the only unhappy buyer, and I suspect the 5* feedback they've just received may actually be a friend of theirs...I'm gonna contact Amazon again today to complain about threatening behaviour... anyone else ever had this from a seller?

Wow, they're one to avoid. The comments they are making .. disgusting!

Original Poster

I've just sent them this...

My feedback is not incorrect, or indeed libellous. It is entirely … My feedback is not incorrect, or indeed libellous. It is entirely factual, and I have no intention of removing it. A breakdown of the events follows:I placed my order on 27/11. You promptly marked my order as dispatched.On 06/12, a day after the estimated delivery date, I contacted you as the order had not arrived. You advised that it had not actually been dispatched at all, that the item was on backorder and you would dispatch when available. I had not been advised of this prior to chasing it up - hence the poor score for communication.Since my item has never left you, I quite understandably felt entitled to an immediate refund. You were adamant that this refund would be made "within" 14 days - despite my requests for it to be processed sooner. There was no indication at that time that the refund would be issued the same day - in fact, you took an aggressive and abrupt tone, and made me feel that actually I would be waiting the full 14 days.I advised at this point I would be raising a claim through Amazon, and leaving negative feedback about my experience with you, and that this feedback would be left regardless of when the refund was received. I don't feel that you valued my business, I certainly didn't wish to shop with you again, and furthermore I would not recommend you to anybody - my feedback reflected this view.My refund was only issued after contacting Amazon - they advised that you had breached policy by marking the item as dispatched when it wasn't. I then received multiple "ranting" emails from you following the feedback I left.One negative feedback will not have a negative impact on your business. It will not deter others or cause any significant damage to your business - assuming of course that the rest of your feedback is positive. However, I note that I'm not the only one to feel they have been wronged by you in recent days - in fact I believe you now have 4 negatives left just in the last week. With this in mind, my feedback will remain. My incident is clearly not an isolated one, therefore I feel my feedback is justified.By all means, you are welcome to seek 'damages' from me, however any damage to your business from my feedback was caused solely by your attitude, your actions, your lack of empathy to your customers, and your shocking lack of customer service skills.Regards

I've now asked them to stop emailing me too...

Original Poster

claire7519

Wow, they're one to avoid. The comments they are making .. disgusting!

It's nothing compared to the emails!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's this on my neighbours roof?2023
    2. Wireless External Harddrive Recommendations11
    3. Foo fighters presale code.3641
    4. PriorityPass renewal/retention offer11

See more discussions