Groups

How long to charge a new laptop battery for please

Complete dull question, but I have in my mind its about 16 hours for a 1st time charge. Am I right in thinking this?

10 Comments

I know it was always recommended the first charge was ridiculously long, but I don't tend to see that anymore, not sure if it's different now.

Original Poster

no there doesnt seem to be anything stated in the booklet about recommended 1st time charge, may just be best to leave it on all day

The majority of batteries nowadays are lithium-ion batterys and I believe they do not require a long charge in the first instance.

Just charge for as long as the manual says a full charge should take you will not gain anything for leaving it on longer

You also dont have to run the battery down flat before charging as it will make no difference to the life cycle/ability to hold charge of the battery

beth3735;7660032

no there doesnt seem to be anything stated in the booklet about … no there doesnt seem to be anything stated in the booklet about recommended 1st time charge, may just be best to leave it on all day

Yeah, a few years ago it was the first thing in big letters in the instructions for anything with a battery, charge for XX hours before first use. Now I never seem to see that.

Don't suppose it would hurt to give it a good charge anyway.

I got a new laptop for Christmas, the manual said to charge it until the red light went blue, didn't take very long at all.

I had a fujitsu siemens laptop that needed this first charge. I think it was even longer.

Original Poster

aww bummer!! will have to wait till tomorrow to play with the wireless and CD Rom part!! Its not even mine lol Hubbys Bday present Just checking it works lol

Banned

if it doesnt tewll you to charge for 24 hours then it just needs a normal charge, till light goes off

Original Poster

sassie;7661376

if it doesnt tewll you to charge for 24 hours then it just needs a normal … if it doesnt tewll you to charge for 24 hours then it just needs a normal charge, till light goes off

no nothing in the manual or quick start, i will charge it till morning, I have just set up the wireless router so had to play with laptop them to make sure it connects lol. All sorted, I can leave it alone now till tomorrow

Banned

glad you all sorted x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      2. Biscuit addiction1231
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      4. Easyjet - book now or wait?813

See more discussions