Expired

How Long To Charge A New Mobile Phone?

Found 26th Oct 2007
how long do you charge a new mobile phone, I heard you leave it charged for about 15hours, to maximise the battery lifetime?

15 Comments

It's a new phone. It's shiny. Plug it in, turn it on, start playing with it, and if anything goes wrong (and it won't), let the warranty people worry about it.

i charge for a week

Banned

14 hours, unless it pre charged, it will tell you in the instructions. If so normal charge period, 1-2 hours

I didn't think lithium batteries needed settling in to maximise capacity.

Original Poster

MBeeching

I didn't think lithium batteries needed settling in to maximise capacity.

yeah thats what I was thinking, but I hear people saying charge it for like 12hours the first time. so I think i am going to. thanks for the help

I charge for about an hour, never had ANY problems in relation to batteries

harvie316

how long do you charge a new mobile phone, I heard you leave it charged … how long do you charge a new mobile phone, I heard you leave it charged for about 15hours, to maximise the battery lifetime?

Good idea, that way you condition it. I've got a Nokia N95 which some people complain about the battery life on but I get at least 2 days out of mine, having conditioned the battery.

They normally say in the instructions.....

mikewot;1114709

Good idea, that way you condition it. I've got a Nokia N95 which some … Good idea, that way you condition it. I've got a Nokia N95 which some people complain about the battery life on but I get at least 2 days out of mine, having conditioned the battery.

nokia's battery require a number of charges before reaching its full capacity.... i got mine working for a day only on my first charge... i wonder what happened and did a search on internet... i found out that people been talking about this. So, I give it a try... the second charging allowed me to use the battery for more than a day and it gets better after a number of charges... now i'm getting full 2 days.... hope this info is useful..

just charge till its full, but fully drain the battery till its dead. do this 3 or 4 times and ur sorted.

siewmk;1611278

nokia's battery require a number of charges before reaching its full … nokia's battery require a number of charges before reaching its full capacity.... i got mine working for a day only on my first charge... i wonder what happened and did a search on internet... i found out that people been talking about this. So, I give it a try... the second charging allowed me to use the battery for more than a day and it gets better after a number of charges... now i'm getting full 2 days.... hope this info is useful..

But admit it, day one you spent playing with everything on it, day two you were already bored with it....:whistling::p;-)

Shengis;1611408

But admit it, day one you spent playing with everything on it, day two … But admit it, day one you spent playing with everything on it, day two you were already bored with it....:whistling::p;-)

haha... you were wrong... i left it there on the first day and when i came back from work, I found the phone is low battery and few hours later it was dead... do a search on google and you should find other forums mention this as well.

siewmk;1611422

haha... you were wrong... i left it there on the first day and when i … haha... you were wrong... i left it there on the first day and when i came back from work, I found the phone is low battery and few hours later it was dead... do a search on google and you should find other forums mention this as well.

Well that's what most people do with their new 'toys'. I know I do ;-)

Found this info last year after getting a new phone. Looks like you can really just charge your device for a couple of hours for a full charge and then use it. Found similar info at a few other sites at the time via google saying the same thing.

Preparing new lithium-ion for useUnlike nickel and lead-based batteries, … Preparing new lithium-ion for useUnlike nickel and lead-based batteries, a new lithium-ion pack does not need cycling through charging and discharging. Priming will make little difference because the maximum capacity of lithium-ion is available right from the beginning. Neither does a full discharge improve the capacity of a faded pack. However, a full discharge/charge will reset the digital circuit of a 'smart' battery to improve the state-of-charge estimation

]http//ww…htm

Should say in the manual. I tend to leave for 24 hours. My SE battery will still last at least a week and it's nearly 2 years old!!
Post a comment
@
    Text