Expired

How long to get a ps4 repaired by Sony?

Found 6th Mar 2014
I sent off my ps4 last Tuesday as it was dead on arrival. Anyone know how long it will take to come back? I've tried calling Sony support but I just get put on hold for ages.
Community Updates
AskSonyPS4
14 Comments
Where did you buy it from? If I got something DOA, I'd be straight back to the retailer for a replacement.
Maybe bought it from Morrisons..... (_;)
DennisG

Where did you buy it from? If I got something DOA, I'd be straight back … Where did you buy it from? If I got something DOA, I'd be straight back to the retailer for a replacement.

It was an Amazon warehouse deal. It was only £310 due to minimal damage to the packaging. If I sent it back to them I would have to source another, most likely at a higher price.
Just wait on hold, they'll get you one the next day
I would still kick up a fuss. 11ish% discount is fine for a dodgy box, but for the actual item to be DOA is another thing.
Your call of course, but do you really want a dead and repaired machine for the price that you should've got a working one with tattered packaging?
DennisG

I would still kick up a fuss. 11ish% discount is fine for a dodgy box, … I would still kick up a fuss. 11ish% discount is fine for a dodgy box, but for the actual item to be DOA is another thing.Your call of course, but do you really want a dead and repaired machine for the price that you should've got a working one with tattered packaging?

Well once i have it back from Sony I will have a working ps4 for a bargain price. I was just wondering how long id have to wait.
you most liekly will not receive the same one back... it has been standard practice with a lot of companies in the past to just give you any old model that has been repaired. Was told this by sony when my PS3 dies a few years back and they wanted £120 or so for fixing it (YLOD) - I basically told them to go forth and multiply if I wasn't even going to get my very cared for machine back and would most likely get scummy old crud laden dust trap back and only 6 month warranty.
Anyway, will most likely still be the same, but as the PS4 is new then the refurbished model whether yours or not should be fine... you may want to check what sort of warranty you get after repair though.
I purchased a tv from AWD and it said it was 'very good, prestin' etc it arrived home and it had a tiny scrach on the back. Got on to Amazon chat said its not as stated but I dont mind keeping it and I got £105 refund so paid £525 and the 'new' price was £800. Tell them and they might refund some of the money.
paddy.stone

you most liekly will not receive the same one back... it has been … you most liekly will not receive the same one back... it has been standard practice with a lot of companies in the past to just give you any old model that has been repaired. Was told this by sony when my PS3 dies a few years back and they wanted £120 or so for fixing it (YLOD) - I basically told them to go forth and multiply if I wasn't even going to get my very cared for machine back and would most likely get scummy old crud laden dust trap back and only 6 month warranty.Anyway, will most likely still be the same, but as the PS4 is new then the refurbished model whether yours or not should be fine... you may want to check what sort of warranty you get after repair though.

The warranty is 3 months from the repair/exchange or the standard 12 month manufacturer warranty, whichever runs out first. In this case the warranty only started a week ago as no one had purchased the console before.

Its quite frustrating not knowing where my console is in the process. I have sent many xbox 360's back in my time and they allow you to track it online, not to mention they pick the console up from your door.

AJ92

I purchased a tv from AWD and it said it was 'very good, prestin' etc it … I purchased a tv from AWD and it said it was 'very good, prestin' etc it arrived home and it had a tiny scrach on the back. Got on to Amazon chat said its not as stated but I dont mind keeping it and I got £105 refund so paid £525 and the 'new' price was £800. Tell them and they might refund some of the money.

You are a god! I just got a £46 quid refund from Amazon

Now....Battlefield 4 or Assassins Creed 4?
DennisG

I would still kick up a fuss. 11ish% discount is fine for a dodgy box, … I would still kick up a fuss. 11ish% discount is fine for a dodgy box, but for the actual item to be DOA is another thing.Your call of course, but do you really want a dead and repaired machine for the price that you should've got a working one with tattered packaging?

I suspect it was maybe tested but the problem with the console maybe wouldn't have arisen in their testing environment. Basically the controller would only connect if i was less than a meter from the console. Any further away and the inputs would start lagging or not registering and eventually it would de-sync from the console. I was hoping it was just the controller but i tried it with a friends and the same thing happened whilst my controller still worked on his console.

Either way, I am happy to wait now with the partial refund from Amazon. Effectively I get a PS4 with full warranty for £265! Eventually that is....ha!
Thats alright. it might be dead but at least its getting fixed and you saved £85.
The moral of this story is do not buy early edition consoles.
nice one! good to know about the refund thing from the warehouse

I also thought DOA meant properly dead, i.e. showing no signs of life but just looked it up and saw that it also means defective on arrival - I'd take your problem for £85 off
just a word of warning, if you mess Amazon around they have been known to close your account

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants