Expired

How long to get Documents for a reg on Retention

4 replies
Found 23rd Aug 2010
Anyone done this recently.(last month or two)

Just wondering how long it is taking at present to get 'replacement' number through. ???

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
4 Comments

Usually about 6weeks

Just done it, took my number off my bike and it was replaced by the original in 7 working days as quoted by the local DVLA office.

Log book is not back yet though, that makes ten working days...
Edited by: "mosskeeto" 23rd Aug 2010

Original Poster

mosskeeto

Just done it, took my number off my bike and it was replaced by the … Just done it, took my number off my bike and it was replaced by the original in 7 working days as quoted by the local DVLA office.Log book is not back yet though, that makes ten working days...

That sounds about right, I know a retention is not as long as a Transfer.
But need log book back as well as I am selling car. !!

thanks.

rangermastiffs

That sounds about right, I know a retention is not as long as a … That sounds about right, I know a retention is not as long as a Transfer.But need log book back as well as I am selling car. !!thanks.

When I was in the DVLA office the guy told me not to use the old green part of the existing log book as it would give the purchaser the right to keep the number.
They told me the logbook should take ten days and as I said it is not here ten days later and my bike is being collected tomorrow so i need an understanding buyer...

UPDATE:: logbook arrived this morning
Edited by: "mosskeeto" 24th Aug 2010
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769255
    2. Analogue's Super Nt SNES Wants to Do What Nintendon't512
    3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2586
    4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4711606

See more discussions