How long to wait before opening a paypal dispute

Found 25th Nov 2008
I bought an item off hear almost 2 wks ago which I paid for by paypal.

I pm'd the seller last weds (a wk after I had sent the payment) to ask when they had posted the item. Their response was I'll do it tomorrow I dont get to the post office everyday.

So it is 2wks tomorrow since I paid for an item I have not got. Pm'd seller but they have not been online since day before yesterday.

Postman has just been but didnt have the parcel.

So do I continue to be patient and give the seller the benefit of the doubt?

I dont want to hang the seller if they are genuine but startin to lose patience!

When do you suggest I open a dispute?
Community Updates
Misc
17 Comments
do you have the item number?

i would definately open a dispute asap 2 weeks is way long enough to of posted the item!
if you paid using paypal gift option then you cannot raise a dispute
Link to thread?
if it was the mario kart ds then seller said they posted 1st class on the 13th Nov which doesnt hold with your story above?
csiman;3561232

if it was the mario kart ds then seller said they posted 1st class on the … if it was the mario kart ds then seller said they posted 1st class on the 13th Nov which doesnt hold with your story above?

No not mario kart ds.

I received that and I left feedback ages ago.

I pm'd the seller to let them know it had arrived but forgot to update their thread with the info.

Have now done so.
ODB_69;3561209

Link to thread?

Not yet didnt really want to hang them just yet. Just wanted some advice.
was this done via pm, as i can only find a purchase by you for the mario kart
csiman;3561199

if you paid using paypal gift option then you cannot raise a dispute

I paid by normal paypal not gift as the seller didnt request gift until after I had made the payment and as they didnt have any feedback I thought it was the best way to go.
sassie;3561392

was this done via pm, as i can only find a purchase by you for the mario … was this done via pm, as i can only find a purchase by you for the mario kart

No it wasnt done by pm.

I suppose I'm going to have to give you a link to the thread now so I dont get wrongly caught up on dealing by pm.

So reluctantly here is the link

hotukdeals.com/for…e=2
Ring them. (posted on behalf of thesaint)
that is weird, when i search all posts by you that doesnt even come up. personally after waiting two weeks i would do a paypal dispute
mmm...

this person has feedback too...possibly just taking an age but 2 weeks is too long...

Was this paid via Paypal Gift??
Shengis;3561489

I lol'd :-D

sassie;3561501

that is weird, when i search all posts by you that doesnt even come up. … that is weird, when i search all posts by you that doesnt even come up. personally after waiting two weeks i would do a paypal dispute

Yh likewise...thats why I asked for link...very odd
ODB_69;3561504

mmm...this person has feedback too...possibly just taking an age but 2 … mmm...this person has feedback too...possibly just taking an age but 2 weeks is too long...Was this paid via Paypal Gift??

No normal paypal.
Shengis;3561489

Yeah I think I'll have too.

Just realised I havent got the number. DOH!!! Real dumb I know. Must've been tired...or stoopid
Have now opened a paypal dispute on your advice.

Here's hoping!!
Just to let you know that I received a refund today. The seller offered to post another GH to me on tuesday but Having logged into paypal I spotted the refund.
Not sure what happened as had no explanation but at least I got a refund.
So thanks to all of you for your help & advice
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants