How long to wait before opening a paypal dispute

Found 25th Nov 2008
I bought an item off hear almost 2 wks ago which I paid for by paypal.

I pm'd the seller last weds (a wk after I had sent the payment) to ask when they had posted the item. Their response was I'll do it tomorrow I dont get to the post office everyday.

So it is 2wks tomorrow since I paid for an item I have not got. Pm'd seller but they have not been online since day before yesterday.

Postman has just been but didnt have the parcel.

So do I continue to be patient and give the seller the benefit of the doubt?

I dont want to hang the seller if they are genuine but startin to lose patience!

When do you suggest I open a dispute?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
17 Comments

Banned

do you have the item number?

i would definately open a dispute asap 2 weeks is way long enough to of posted the item!

Banned

if you paid using paypal gift option then you cannot raise a dispute

Banned

Link to thread?

Banned

if it was the mario kart ds then seller said they posted 1st class on the 13th Nov which doesnt hold with your story above?

Original Poster

csiman;3561232

if it was the mario kart ds then seller said they posted 1st class on the … if it was the mario kart ds then seller said they posted 1st class on the 13th Nov which doesnt hold with your story above?

No not mario kart ds.

I received that and I left feedback ages ago.

I pm'd the seller to let them know it had arrived but forgot to update their thread with the info.

Have now done so.

Original Poster

ODB_69;3561209

Link to thread?

Not yet didnt really want to hang them just yet. Just wanted some advice.

Banned

was this done via pm, as i can only find a purchase by you for the mario kart

Original Poster

csiman;3561199

if you paid using paypal gift option then you cannot raise a dispute

I paid by normal paypal not gift as the seller didnt request gift until after I had made the payment and as they didnt have any feedback I thought it was the best way to go.

Original Poster

sassie;3561392

was this done via pm, as i can only find a purchase by you for the mario … was this done via pm, as i can only find a purchase by you for the mario kart

No it wasnt done by pm.

I suppose I'm going to have to give you a link to the thread now so I dont get wrongly caught up on dealing by pm.

So reluctantly here is the link

http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274334&page=2

Ring them. (posted on behalf of thesaint)

Banned

that is weird, when i search all posts by you that doesnt even come up. personally after waiting two weeks i would do a paypal dispute

Banned

mmm...

this person has feedback too...possibly just taking an age but 2 weeks is too long...

Was this paid via Paypal Gift??

Banned

Shengis;3561489

I lol'd :-D

sassie;3561501

that is weird, when i search all posts by you that doesnt even come up. … that is weird, when i search all posts by you that doesnt even come up. personally after waiting two weeks i would do a paypal dispute

Yh likewise...thats why I asked for link...very odd

Original Poster

ODB_69;3561504

mmm...this person has feedback too...possibly just taking an age but 2 … mmm...this person has feedback too...possibly just taking an age but 2 weeks is too long...Was this paid via Paypal Gift??

No normal paypal.

Original Poster

Shengis;3561489

Yeah I think I'll have too.

Just realised I havent got the number. DOH!!! Real dumb I know. Must've been tired...or stoopid

Original Poster

Have now opened a paypal dispute on your advice.

Here's hoping!!

Original Poster

Just to let you know that I received a refund today. The seller offered to post another GH to me on tuesday but Having logged into paypal I spotted the refund.
Not sure what happened as had no explanation but at least I got a refund.
So thanks to all of you for your help & advice
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771878
    2. Battered women won't be chased for TV licence fees: Vulnerable victims at r…1422
    3. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861908
    4. PlayStation VR is the number 1 selling product on Amazon right now1528

See more discussions