How long would this gas fire take to consume a 19kg bottle of gas using only 1 element ?

Found 25th Oct 2015
Thinking of getting a gas fire ebay.co.uk/itm…=80

would it be compatible with this gas bottle :-

hotukdeals.com/dea…842

i wondered how long it may last using one element leaving it on constantly ?

edit just seen that its butane gas only so 13kg is best. Does it really matter between propane and butane ?
Community Updates
AskFireplace
9 Comments
Leaving it on constantly will potentially generate a lot of moisture, thus leading to potential damp problems.
artnada

Leaving it on constantly will potentially generate a lot of moisture, … Leaving it on constantly will potentially generate a lot of moisture, thus leading to potential damp problems.

Not that I would leave it on constantly i just wondered how long it may last until its run out to give me an idea on how many i may need for winter months.
Not sure if I'm being silly but the cabinet is butane gas and the cylinder is propane would that not work wouldn't you need a butane cylinder.
Poppyj1

Not sure if I'm being silly but the cabinet is butane gas and the … Not sure if I'm being silly but the cabinet is butane gas and the cylinder is propane would that not work wouldn't you need a butane cylinder.

i dont understand the difference does one give off more chemicals than the other ?
The different gasses do matter, they have different pressures, very different burn temperatures.
If you get a 15Kg butane cylinder you will get roughly 140 hours on the lowest setting.

Gas Combustion value
(Btu/ft³) (MJ/m³)
Natural gas (methane) 950 to 1,150 35 to 43
Propane-butane mix 2,500 to 3,200 90 to 120
Propane 2,572 95.8
Butane 3,225 120.1
Poppyj1

If you get a 15Kg butane cylinder you will get roughly 140 hours on the … If you get a 15Kg butane cylinder you will get roughly 140 hours on the lowest setting.

bloody hell lol :-)
You cant use propane on this heater as its a butane heater. The fitting that will come with it will be for a butane bottle 21mm not a screw on propane fitting. Propane burns hotter than butane and is mainly used for cooking or heating larger appliances.
You need this bottle.
gasdeal.co.uk/pro…er/
also a lower priced heater is available on ebay.
ebay.co.uk/itm…341?hash=item35ef91a15d:g:CfwAAOSwVFlULZly
Edited by: "kash2013" 25th Oct 2015
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants