How long would you wait? (ebay related)

Sold on Sunday just gone and arranged collection for Tuesday evening. I got an email about tues lunchtime asking if they could collect during the day instead. I sent one back saying yes no problem but havent heard back since!

Had it all sat here ready too so i'm a bit miffed.

I have sent another message to them via ebay but i'm not sure how long i should wait before maybe calling them or reporting to ebay. I know it's only been a few days but it's money i could do with xxx

9 Comments

Try to contact them again.
If they don´t reply by the end of the week you can still report them.
That´s why I usually don´t do pickup (been on ebay for over 10 years now and never liked it)
Simply because you can´t rely on or trust people you don´t know.
We did pickup of items twice as they were too big to post.
But i asked for payment via paypal before they picked it up

Original Poster

Thanks, would you call them or not?? I dont know.

I sent them an invoice but they wanted to pay on collection! Good feedback too but i dont suppose that matters.

The buyer?
Yes definitely.
If you have the number ring through to see what´s going on.
They can´t expect you to wait all day, not show up and then just get out of the whole thing that easy.

Hopefully they will come round soon,it's not quite a week yet and likely they waiting for the weekend to collect now,but yeh still I be annoyed if I waited in specially for someone to come and they didn't.

Original Poster

Thanks, will try and get the guts to do it tomorrow haha

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5274569

Hopefully they will come round soon,it's not quite a week yet and likely … Hopefully they will come round soon,it's not quite a week yet and likely they waiting for the weekend to collect now,but yeh still I be annoyed if I waited in specially for someone to come and they didn't.

Yeah, just a quick email or text (i gave them my number in case they needed directions) wouldnt go amiss though xx

loobie;5274580

Yeah, just a quick email or text (i gave them my number in case they … Yeah, just a quick email or text (i gave them my number in case they needed directions) wouldnt go amiss though xx

I have to go to the door to deal with any buyers,my partner usually watches from window upstairs to see if knows of them cos he's nosey like that.We've had a few people round for odd item,gotta say everyone always turned up in end.

don't take paypal for collections though, normal paypal.... = chargeback..

Original Poster

Was glad they wanted to pay on collection originally but maybe i shouldve asked for paypal payment first! Ah well - fingers crossed i hear from them soon and i get my £80!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3955
    2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
    3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions