How long would you wait for a refund from CEX?

Found 28th May 2011
Two days ago I tried to buy something in CEX and I paid for it before the man found it, once he tried to look he couldnt find it. Therefore, he tried to refund me but I could see he was struggling, it took like 15 minutes. They were very quick at taking the money and yesterday the money came out but as of yet there has been no refund.

How long would you wait to kick off, and would it be illegal to do a charge-back as I went into another store and bought the product there for the same value as the refund.
Community Updates
Misc
12 Comments
I have given up I am taking them to the small claims court, that's how bad it's for me LOL
mrman007

I have given up I am taking them to the small claims court, that's how … I have given up I am taking them to the small claims court, that's how bad it's for me LOL

oh god. Was it for much? I'm guessing I wont tell the bank about it being a different transaction and claim from them if it doesnt come back. I seriously hate CEX.
you have a receipt of refund? from my understanding, its not down to the retailer but the payment handler, and i believe most refunds process within 7 days but can take up to 28days.
golemsmate

oh god. Was it for much? I'm guessing I wont tell the bank about it being … oh god. Was it for much? I'm guessing I wont tell the bank about it being a different transaction and claim from them if it doesnt come back. I seriously hate CEX.

It's the principle for me, they have just lied, lied and then lied again, I mean a company that size and they still have no contact number for online sales department!!
If you did this instore, it can take on average around 4 to 5 days max...

Dont expect it to be back in your account overnight.
shanecr

you have a receipt of refund? from my understanding, its not down to the … you have a receipt of refund? from my understanding, its not down to the retailer but the payment handler, and i believe most refunds process within 7 days but can take up to 28days.

Yes, luckily I do. Though I am baffled by how they firstly, took my money before finding the product. Secondly, How hard it can be do a refund and finally, how the sale and refund were at the same time but don't come through at the same time.

I know I wont wait 28 days, The bank told me to wait till next week and then they will help. I dont think they would do much if I went into the store.
RickT

If you did this instore, it can take on average around 4 to 5 days max... … If you did this instore, it can take on average around 4 to 5 days max... Dont expect it to be back in your account overnight.

Is it unreasonable to expect them not to take anything? The sale was cancelled immediately
golemsmate

Yes, luckily I do. Though I am baffled by how they firstly, took my money … Yes, luckily I do. Though I am baffled by how they firstly, took my money before finding the product. Secondly, How hard it can be do a refund and finally, how the sale and refund were at the same time but don't come through at the same time.I know I wont wait 28 days, The bank told me to wait till next week and then they will help. I dont think they would do much if I went into the store.

i dont work for cex. but i have been in a situation where a customer has paid via card, then we immediately had to refund. that customer returned a few days later as the money came off but was not refunded. It took 3 weeks for their refund to go through, and there was nothing we could do. Its all down to the payment handler, often Streamline. The bank of course though could speed that along but cex certainly wont be able to
Why would anyone pay for something and obviously get a receipt of purchase before the person actually goes to find it?
i had this problem in toys r us!!i bought a ps3 package, i took the ticket of the shelf, paid for it, then they told me they didnt have any of them packages left, and could not make one up as they were out of stock on some items, i had to wait 9 days for my £299 refund!! just ontop of xmas aswell!! therefore i never pay anywere before i see the item
credit card? They should invalidate the charge or refund it entirely.
I had a refund go in this week before the actual payment was taken out. I bought some stuff one day, returned something a day later and the refund still hit my account before the original charge. Its just the way it works sometimes. I have never had it take more than 3 days though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants