How low can people get stealing from NHS

Posted 26th MarEdited by:"yorkie12"
My wife works at the local hospital and this week they have had to screw the refill containers of hand gel to the wall as they were being stolen . Staff are also having ID tags taken, can only think they want these to go shopping early or for a free drink in Costa. Hope these people are proud of themselves. The hand gel is provided for the good of all , not just for your family! For goodness sake buy your own. This crisis is bringing out the worst in some people but thank God it's bringing out the best in most of us , especially those that work in our NHS , risking their own health for the good of all.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
You can guarantee all these acts are justified in the minds of the culprits.
If society learns anything after this. It should be that we are all mortal bags of water that carry no additional rights over another. Viruses, bacteria and other health conditions show no bounds. We are all susceptible and should work together.
Even during wars scummy acts are witnessed and recorded. Now is no different, though I suspect on a larger scale of self serving greed.
stu199126/03/2020 05:29

Scumbags that's all they are. I work at Bolton Hospital and I've seen …Scumbags that's all they are. I work at Bolton Hospital and I've seen people refilling their little hand gel bottles with the sanitiser on the wall . It's not as bad as stealing the whole thing but they're still not leaving enough for other people to use.

Sc4mp026/03/2020 06:08

I read an article about this yesterday and how people are mugging NHS …I read an article about this yesterday and how people are mugging NHS staff off their badges to use for freebies and to get in to supermarkets early, as you said they're just scum.

Using the word SCUM for these type of people is not enough . They are worse than scum
22 Comments
Scumbags that's all they are. I work at Bolton Hospital and I've seen people refilling their little hand gel bottles with the sanitiser on the wall . It's not as bad as stealing the whole thing but they're still not leaving enough for other people to use.
I read an article about this yesterday and how people are mugging NHS staff off their badges to use for freebies and to get in to supermarkets early, as you said they're just scum.
They are just evil just shows you how low your fellow human being can go, just think what these people do when there's not a national emergency on.
My aunt works in a hospital and last week she caught a man in the middle of trying to pry the whole hand sanitiser thing off the wall.
She confronted him with a 'What on earth do you think you're doing?!'
To which he replied 'But I NEED it'.
Safe to say he never walked away with it lol.

People are nuts.
stu199126/03/2020 05:29

Scumbags that's all they are. I work at Bolton Hospital and I've seen …Scumbags that's all they are. I work at Bolton Hospital and I've seen people refilling their little hand gel bottles with the sanitiser on the wall . It's not as bad as stealing the whole thing but they're still not leaving enough for other people to use.

I read an article about this yesterday and how people are mugging NHS …I read an article about this yesterday and how people are mugging NHS staff off their badges to use for freebies and to get in to supermarkets early, as you said they're just scum.

Using the word SCUM for these type of people is not enough . They are worse than scum
You can guarantee all these acts are justified in the minds of the culprits.
If society learns anything after this. It should be that we are all mortal bags of water that carry no additional rights over another. Viruses, bacteria and other health conditions show no bounds. We are all susceptible and should work together.
Even during wars scummy acts are witnessed and recorded. Now is no different, though I suspect on a larger scale of self serving greed.

God, that's awful... If they kept good hygiene and were sensible you don't need commercial cleaners. And anyone with the energy to panic buy or steal things probably has the energy to get sick. But because fear and panic spread through a crowd and people are stupid they think they can do what they like until they're scared and then it's panic time.
When visitors were being allowed - the family members visiting their relatives in hospital were nicking the small bottles at the bottom of each patients bed. That takes a special kind of idiocy....
It was this article that you may have been referring to...

theguardian.com/wor…ngs

Imagine if the virus were to infected all these people and how much better off we would be as a society.
These animals need a harsh sentence to warn others of the consequences, despicable behaviour.
Erudite26/03/2020 10:37

Comment deleted

No I did not. I just wanted to give the grammar police a chance to feel like they are doing something useful...
Let's hope that karma gives them all a severe case of Corona!
Things are only going to get worse, these situations are going to bring thecworst out in greedy people.
Public toilets are having to be locked up due to people stealing soap and toilet rolls too, also last night someone smashed an aldi stores window and stole their groceries. Unbelievable 🤪
Hand sanitizer has been screwed to the wall for years in most hospitals due to alcholics drinking it.
flameboi26/03/2020 10:58

These animals need a harsh sentence to warn others of the consequences, …These animals need a harsh sentence to warn others of the consequences, despicable behaviour.

You're comment needs to be passed by law and given infinite likes.
Westwoodo26/03/2020 11:37

Hand sanitizer has been screwed to the wall for years in most hospitals …Hand sanitizer has been screwed to the wall for years in most hospitals due to alcholics drinking it.

Are you being serious?
We all know the human race is disgusting and selfish. all for themselves forget the vulnerable
Erudite26/03/2020 11:35

Comment deleted

And few people remember Corona used to be a soft drinks company - the only part of which still seems to exist being Tango.
flameboi26/03/2020 11:51

Are you being serious?

I wish I wasn't.....people with addictions will do strange things.
Apart from free coffee, an ID tag presumably would allow a thief to take advantage of the 1 hour NHS shopping period some supermarkets are doing.

More worryingly, some of the ID tag thefts might be by people looking to wander around the hospital stealing stuff like face masks and hand sanitiser, or they might even be after a respirator to flog on ebay.

As I said in another thread about disgusting behaviour like deliberately spitting and coughing over others, idiots caught behaving like that should be put on a list and be the first to be refused treatment or have it withdrawn, if or when the NHS can no longer treat everyone. Maybe that would make these scum think twice.
Edited by: "melted" 26th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants