Groups
    EXPIRED

How Many Are Watching The Michael Jackson Memorial?

I've been sat here since 5 o'clock watching all the coverage Sky News are putting on, on the run up to the memorial.

It's just come out that 5 doctors are being questioned and also a pharmacy is suing Michael Jacksons estate as he owed them over $100,000 for drugs he never paid for!

185 Comments

Banned

definately gonna watch it..MJ is a legend

little sharheen from britains got talent is performing as well :O

Yup... Been Watching Since 4.15pm
    Jacko = Legend.

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/zermattbusby/450812-michael_jackson_large.jpg

RIP Michael Jackson.

Watching it right now on Sky News HD (Sky Arts HD)..

Original Poster

How emotional is it going to be for everyone? They're going to be placing Michaels casket on the stage as well! I think it could be quite upsetting for a few of the artists who are going to take part.

What an honour for little Sharheen! Even though his performance is going to be a tribute to Michael, it could be an absolute springboard for his career. Good Luck Sharheen.

God Bless & RIP Michael.

http://img.funnyanimatedgifs.net/img/1509-celeb-michael-jackson-moonwalk.gif

Banned

stefor;5687140

How emotional is it going to be for everyone? They're going to be … How emotional is it going to be for everyone? They're going to be placing Michaels casket on the stage as well! I think it could be quite upsetting for a few of the artists who are going to take part.What an honour for little Sharheen! Even though his performance is going to be a tribute to Michael, it could be an absolute springboard for his career. Good Luck Sharheen.God Bless & RIP Michael.

Is that just during the Thriller performance?

Banned

im watching it too, couldnt miss it -

already hating the american commentary though... grrr!

Thay BGT boy is sooooo lucky, biggest thing he will ever do in his life, ever!

RIP MJ xx

stefor;5687140

What an honour for little Sharheen! Even though his performance is going … What an honour for little Sharheen! Even though his performance is going to be a tribute to Michael, it could be an absolute springboard for his career. Good Luck Sharheen.God Bless & RIP Michael.

The words that Simon Cowell said to him about the right song being a life-changing opportunity couldn't be more true now.

FilthAndFurry;5687166

Is that just during the Thriller performance?

reported. Go away little boy.

I think I have had my eyes closed, what channel is the memorial on please?

Banned

Xb0xGuru;5687215

reported. Go away little boy.

Oh relax. This whole thing is slightly absurd now.

4lyons09;5687222

I think I have had my eyes closed, what channel is the memorial on please?

Sky News. Sky Arts 1 HD

Banned

Ricardo Kaka;5687224

Sky News.

And Sky Arts...

and BBC2...

and CNN, oh and Fox.

Oh and for the HD amongst you, BBC HD and Sky Arts HD.

And BET

And Current TV

And E!

And Channel 5 in a bit.

And Euronews, France 24.

Banned

Xb0xGuru;5687257

It's so easy to hide behind the anonymity of the internet and persist to … It's so easy to hide behind the anonymity of the internet and persist to mock others, even in their death. When you're a grown up you'll see that. Until then, please just go away.

I think you'll find I was actually defending him at the time of his death and I recognise his importance to the world of music and art.

But I think having his body on stage at the Staples Centre is a bit disrespectful.

FilthAndFurry;5687273

I think you'll find I was actually defending him at the time of his death … I think you'll find I was actually defending him at the time of his death and I recognise his importance to the world of music and art.But I think having his body on stage at the Staples Centre is a bit disrespectful.

Either it's what he wants or his family - you have to respect what either party wanted even if you don't agree with it.

Banned

Xb0xGuru;5687284

Either it's what he wants or his family - you have to respect what either … Either it's what he wants or his family - you have to respect what either party wanted even if you don't agree with it.

And when you turn it into a circus, you have to expect some people to laugh.

Great musician, tragic life...and now E! are covering it like it's the Grammys.

FilthAndFurry;5687306

And when you turn it into a circus, you have to expect some people to … And when you turn it into a circus, you have to expect some people to laugh.Great musician, tragic life...and now E! are covering it like it's the Grammys.

It was always going to turn into a media event, very much like the Diana memorial.

The fact remains that even if you think it's laughable, now is not the time nor the place for what you posted. I'm sure you're mature enough to just be respectful in this situation. If it'll make you feel any better, let me know some personal information about you, so each time you post a joke about someone dead I can retort with something as equally (un)funny.

FilthAndFurry;5687273

I think you'll find I was actually defending him at the time of his death … I think you'll find I was actually defending him at the time of his death and I recognise his importance to the world of music and art.[COLOR="Red"]But I think having his body on stage at the Staples Centre is a bit disrespectful[/COLOR].

For once i agree here, yes hold a memorial for him, but i find it very odd to take his body to it??

I love MJ too but dont think his body should be on stage

yes watching now

Banned

Did anyone else find it strange to hear a beautiful speech by the pastor and then see him walk off past this

http://jonesview.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/staples.jpg

Who is the dude with Mariah?

FilthAndFurry;5687426

Did anyone else find it strange to hear a beautiful speech by the pastor … Did anyone else find it strange to hear a beautiful speech by the pastor and then see him walk off past this

I've got to admit, it's the first time I've seen the Staples Center and initially thought, "jeez, that's one helluva store for office supplies!"

borolad94;5687444

havent a clue lol

the reporter is rubbish and the sound man ueless - had to turn over to cnn

vikkiwathall;5687352

For once i agree here, yes hold a memorial for him, but i find it very … For once i agree here, yes hold a memorial for him, but i find it very odd to take his body to it??I love MJ too but dont think his body should be on stage

I very much doubt his body is actually there. It just represents something for the hardcore fans there.

borolad94;5687444

I believe it's Trey Lorenz, he sang the song with Mariah when it was first aired on MTV.

Nice speech, Queen latifah.

rip mj

i'm watching..... RIP MJ
    xx

god I'm cringing at this, lionel richie, last seen helping lemar on bbc 1's fame academy. They've even wheeled out his coffin. Maybe his family and aeg could bring it over to the o2, recoup some of their losses and pay off his drugs bill as well.

i agree that its a bit disrespectful having his coffin on stage but michael loved and lived for stage performances so thats what they're tryna show maybe?

ilovelilac;5687580

i agree that its a bit disrespectful having his coffin on stage but … i agree that its a bit disrespectful having his coffin on stage but michael loved and lived for stage performances so thats what they're tryna show maybe?

my grans coffin was on display at her funeral.......are you telling me that was disrespectful?
    don't think she minded anyway

i thought it was the done thing

phatboy123;5687598

my grans coffin was on display at her funeral.......are you telling me … my grans coffin was on display at her funeral.......are you telling me that was disrespectful?don't think she minded anywayi thought it was the done thing

you know what i meant! like on stage

ilovelilac;5687603

isn't that what a church altar is :?

I know in my family, it's tradition to have the casket at the memorial and even open if possible

sometimes the coffin is in the family home for viewing for 9 nights,

choc1969;5687620

isn't that what a church altar is :?I know in my family, it's tradition … isn't that what a church altar is :?I know in my family, it's tradition to have the casket at the memorial and even open if possiblesometimes the coffin is in the family home for viewing for 9 nights,

i wouldnt compare a church alter to whats happening now would you :?

choc1969;5687620

isn't that what a church altar is :?I know in my family, it's tradition … isn't that what a church altar is :?I know in my family, it's tradition to have the casket at the memorial and even open if possiblesometimes the coffin is in the family home for viewing for 9 nights,

much food and talking and sadness and merriment, a total celebration of life, how it should be done imo :thumbsup:

ilovelilac;5687643

i wouldnt compare a church alter to whats happening now would you :?

why not.......?

I don't want to debate religion

He is surrounded by family and friends, along with people who cared, same as any funeral I've attended

This is not a real funeral though, its a farce even mj's close and personal friend liz taylor didn't want to be a part of this circus.

michelleleemoo;5687658

much food and talking and merriment, a total celebration of life, how it … much food and talking and merriment, a total celebration of life, how it should be done imo :thumbsup:

bet the jerk chicken is on standby, just like any good old caribbean funeral :-D

ilovelilac;5687603

If your watching you would see that its off stage in front of his family & friends.

Stevie Wonder now

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3966
    2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
    3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions