How many days to return a faulty mobile to ARGOS?

Found 6th Jul 2011
Phone keeps lighting up ever 10 seonds after it has shown the '3' network screensaver then gone black. WTF! its annoying because i mostly have my phone on silent or vibrate and i keep catching it out the corner of my eye and thinking i have a txt or missed call! = obiously not doin battery any good.
Community Updates
MiscMobilesMobile Phone
12 Comments
Supermod
How long have you had the phone? Potentially you could still return it even if it is out of the 30 day returns policy if it is a fault. We need more information ideally.

I have known phones to do this before and I wouldn't necessarily call it a fault.
Edited by: "magicjay1986" 6th Jul 2011
Original Poster
magicjay1986

How long have you had the phone? Potentially you could still return it … How long have you had the phone? Potentially you could still return it even if it is out of the 30 day returns policy if it is a fault. We need more information ideally. I have known phones to do this before and I wouldn't necessarily call it a fault.

Around 2 weeks, need to find receipt will be around somewhere, but how can this not be a fault? What would be the purpose of the phone doing this? N im sure it didn't do it when i first got it.
Is it an iphone? If it is.. its just attention seeking, quite the norm
Original Poster
Thanks, hopefully a replacement will be issued guess only then will i find out if its a fault or not.
Original Poster
simplex

Is it an iphone? If it is.. its just attention seeking, quite the norm

lol nah i wish, if my iphone is attention seeking it is doing it to someone else as i had it stolen :@
This is a crappy one till the next one comes out.
BTW like the comment super 'witty' and for your info if ya haven't tried one you should.

It's broken, or it's the wrong type

Shops have a duty, under the Sale of Goods Act, to make sure that the product is:

as described
of satisfactory quality, and
fit for purpose – this means both their everyday purpose, and also any specific purpose that you agreed with the seller (for example, if you specifically asked for a printer that would be compatible with your computer).

If you buy a product that has a problem because of one of these reasons, you can choose to 'reject' it, return it and get your money back.
Act quickly

The law gives you a 'reasonable' time to do this – what is reasonable depends on the product and how obvious the fault is. For example, it's reasonable to assume that an expensive TV will work for a long time, so if it packs up two weeks after you bought it - reject!

If you leave it longer than a 'reasonable' time, the retailer must still resolve your problem, but it can normally choose whether to repair or replace the faulty item rather than refund your money.

From http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/sale-of-goods/returning-goods-your-legal-rights/your-rights/

Also see:

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/returning-damaged-or-faulty-goods/

Quote:

The retailer’s obligationsIf there is an obvious fault with the item at a … The retailer’s obligationsIf there is an obvious fault with the item at any time within the first 6 months and it has not been caused by wear and tear or misuse, your first port of call must be the shop you bought it from. They have the responsibility to put the matter right, and should not evade this responsibility by referring you to the manufacturer in the context of a guarantee or warranty.

You thick peice of.....

So you bought a phone without doing your research?

You bought a phone from ARGOS without looking at there return policy?

I smell.... sniff sniff a simpleton.
J4GG4

You thick peice of.....So you bought a phone without doing your … You thick peice of.....So you bought a phone without doing your research?You bought a phone from ARGOS without looking at there return policy?I smell.... sniff sniff a simpleton.

why would he research possible faults with a phone before he buys it? i wouldn't research what he's describing until after i had bought the phone

@OP if it's not a fault, there will be a way to turn the screensaver off i should imagine
Edited by: "dataload" 7th Jul 2011
Original Poster
dataload

why would he research possible faults with a phone before he buys it? i … why would he research possible faults with a phone before he buys it? i wouldn't research what he's describing until after i had bought the phone

Never ever had it before (20 odd phones) though first poster stated he had.
Seems like the software would have had to have been specificity designed to do this, if not and its a fault then for what purpose.
Phone face down at night. Screen not happy about that

Edited by: "diesel_508" 7th Jul 2011
we returned one after around 6months..they just replaced it right away no probs
dataload

why would he research possible faults with a phone before he buys it? i … why would he research possible faults with a phone before he buys it? i wouldn't research what he's describing until after i had bought the phone@OP if it's not a fault, there will be a way to turn the screensaver off i should imagine

Argos' return policy means nothing, despite any abuse to the contrary.

Thick is as thick does.

Irrespective of what Argos may say, te OP's contract comes under Sale of Goods act. If the goods aren't 'as described' , 'fit for purpose' and 'reasonably durable', then he has every right under Law to take them back to Argos and expect a refund. Simple.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions