Groups

How many deals must you post to be considered an acceptable member of HUKD?

After a couple of comments criticising various members for their lack of Posting Deals, I thought I'd post the above question for discussion. Is there a minimum number of posts

Members need to make in order to be considered valid contributors? Or are people allowed to use the site as they see fit without fear of criticism by others? Personally I don't care how many or how often someone posts a deal. Surely quality is better than quantity? Discuss.....

108 Comments

I'd say 15, which coincidentally...

Entirely depends on the nature of the comments.

You frequently get people complaining about something not being a deal, not being put in the right section, or not being as good a price as a year ago, yet haven't made any contribution themselves. It doesn't change what they're saying, but it's ridiculous when people who don't post deals criticise other peoples deals for silly reasons.

Original Poster

Ashe

Entirely depends on the nature of the comments.You frequently get people … Entirely depends on the nature of the comments.You frequently get people complaining about something not being a deal, not being put in the right section, or not being as good a price as a year ago, yet haven't made any contribution themselves. It doesn't change what they're saying, but it's ridiculous when people who don't post deals criticise other peoples deals for silly reasons.

So does that imply that those who choose not to post a deal as often as you might like, also aren't entitled to an opinion on other people's Deals?

random_dude

I'd say 15, which coincidentally...

​I'd say 14 is more acceptable

Edited by: "A1512" 4th Feb

Depends where you hang about on here. Show some right wing views on misc and you shall be embraced.

Edited by: "jaybizzle" 4th Feb

to be fair my last deal was a real turkey

Just ignore em, theres no rules so don't pay attention to facists who want to impose their own.

"Surely quality is better than quantity? Discuss....."

Paul says no... X)

Original Poster

Error440

Just ignore em, theres no rules so don't pay attention to facists who … Just ignore em, theres no rules so don't pay attention to facists who want to impose their own.

Agreed. I'm not in the slightest bit bothers personally. I just wondered what people's views were. I shall continue to post if I see a deal, and not post if I don't. But some people seem to feel that if you don't post often enough, you're not entitled to make comment.

I don't think it matters, i.e. there is no proviso that you must have a large number of deal contributions before you can qualify for misc discussions.

BagABargain78

Agreed. I'm not in the slightest bit bothers personally. I just wondered … Agreed. I'm not in the slightest bit bothers personally. I just wondered what people's views were. I shall continue to post if I see a deal, and not post if I don't. But some people seem to feel that if you don't post often enough, you're not entitled to make comment.

​the ones who don't seem to post are multis and they are only interested in making comments to bait others, they usually get banned, reinvent themselves, post 1 or 2 deals, built their comments up (bit like eBay feedback) then start winding people up, often people they have some gripe with from a previous existence.

edit, in my opinion.
    Edited by: "shadey12" 4th Feb

shadey12

​or some extreme left wing liberal views, eg more left wing than corbyn a … ​or some extreme left wing liberal views, eg more left wing than corbyn and Livingston, if possible try to look extreme compared to Derek hatton and your laughing.

No point in that, needs to go with the majority, but if he does want some attention/miscred, he could post some pro E.U. threads, get the rightys flocking in.

Edited by: "jaybizzle" 4th Feb

A lot of people seem to think that it depends on the number or deals, the quality of the deals and the membership time/deals posted ratio.

Personally I think if you help out by posting useful comments, useful deals, answer ASK queries and generally give back then that makes you a good member.

BagABargain78

Agreed. I'm not in the slightest bit bothers personally. I just wondered … Agreed. I'm not in the slightest bit bothers personally. I just wondered what people's views were. I shall continue to post if I see a deal, and not post if I don't. But some people seem to feel that if you don't post often enough, you're not entitled to make comment.

Don't forget that if you post a deal and it goes cold, it still may have helped one person and that makes it worth posting.

Sometimes people vote cold for reasons other than the price of the product.

BagABargain78

So does that imply that those who choose not to post a deal as often as … So does that imply that those who choose not to post a deal as often as you might like, also aren't entitled to an opinion on other people's Deals?

I did say that it doesn't change what they're saying.

The point I'm making is that if a poster makes a ridiculous comment about a deal (such as the examples I gave), it's hypocritical when they themselves make no effort.

Some people like to post deals to get as much heat and will constantly search for 50p of the latest game or something.

For me though, I'll only post a deal if I'm looking to buy something and find something worthwhile.

Not set rules but if anyone does moan, just laugh at them.

Banned

A couple a year wouldnt go amiss.

However on the MISC section you will find members/trolls who have never posted one deal but have tens of thousands of opinions.

Banned

Error440

Just ignore em, theres no rules so don't pay attention to facists who … Just ignore em, theres no rules so don't pay attention to facists who want to impose their own.

God you come out with some classics!

YouDontWantToKnow

God you come out with some classics!

​maybe fascist is the new word for mate, bud, friend etc it does seem to get bandied round a lot.

If all of HUKD’s 1,626,505 members posted deals then we would just get a lot more duplicate deals.

I summited a deal a couple of years ago, and got this reply. “Sorry your deal has been removed as the merchant is not suitable for this site as they do not meet the minimum criteria to have their offerings posted. Please do not repost the deal or any other offerings for the merchant. You're more than welcome to contact us if you wish to discuss this further Thank you.”

Since then, I have left posting deals to others who understand the rules for which merchant are suitable. I try not to be cynical and think that a “suitable” merchant is one that gives HUKD a kickback.

Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything (considered an acceptable member of HUKD) is 42, so that's me with the number of deals I am on.
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/63/Simple_Magic_Cube.svg/966px-Simple_Magic_Cube.svg.png
    Edited by: "splender" 4th Feb

I give up, how many?

I agree with Ashe, I don't understand why people go on a deal they have absolutely no interest in and comment "cold" or "not a deal". I've said it before and comments should be made to help others make a decision.

So if they have found it cheaper elsewhere then vote cold and post a link. Or if they have experience with the said item then that can help members. If on the FS and trade section someone is charging too high then warn others with a comment. Also a bit of humour never hurts anyone (within reason) lol.

Banned

BagABargain78

Surely quality is better than quantity? Discuss.....

But it seems your deals are neither?

Why dont you spend 10 minutes every 6 months looking for deals on things you buy.

I take it you do buy stuff?

YouDontWantToKnow

But it seems your deals are neither?Why dont you spend 10 minutes every 6 … But it seems your deals are neither?Why dont you spend 10 minutes every 6 months looking for deals on things you buy. I take it you do buy stuff?

​I'm surprised op is posting this, answer on your .name thread, seems op is pretty clued up on how site works.

Error440

Error440

nounnoun: fascist; plural noun: fascists 1. an advocate or follower … nounnoun: fascist; plural noun: fascists 1. an advocate or follower of the political philosophy or system of fascism. "he went to Spain to fight against the fascists" synonyms: authoritarian, totalitarian, autocrat, Nazi, extreme/far right-winger, rightist, blackshirt, militarist; More nationalist, xenophobe, racist, anti-Semite, chauvinist, jingoist, isolationist; neo-fascist, neo-Nazi; corporativist, corporatist; historicalMosleyite; historicalHitlerite; historicalFrancoist, Falangist "he was branded a fascist and an anti-Semite" antonyms: democrat, liberal a person who is extremely right-wing or authoritarian. "fascists made death threats against immigrants and asylum seekers" a person who is very intolerant or domineering in a particular area. "I'm a bit of a spelling fascist, but still have blind spots over words like ‘privilege’ or ‘separate’"adjectiveadjective: fascist 1. relating to fascism. "a military coup threw out the old fascist regime"

a person who is very intolerant or domineering in a particular area.

shadey12

YouDontWantToKnow God you come out with some classics!​maybe fascist is t … YouDontWantToKnow God you come out with some classics!​maybe fascist is the new word for mate, bud, friend etc it does seem to get bandied round a lot.

GAVINLEWISHUKD

"Surely quality is better than quantity? Discuss....."Paul says no... X)

I don't think he has anything to do with the website these days
    but I do see your point...
    not really

sicklysweet

A lot of people seem to think that it depends on the number or deals, the … A lot of people seem to think that it depends on the number or deals, the quality of the deals and the membership time/deals posted ratio. Personally I think if you help out by posting useful comments, useful deals, answer ASK queries and generally give back then that makes you a good member.

this ^ to answer your question none
    wish I hadn't posted a large number of them now tbh
    a few posters don't seem to get the 'deals' part of the website and just the same thing over and over....
    but it really isn't a biggy
    Edited by: "Wongy110" 4th Feb

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

But it seems your deals are neither?Why dont you spend 10 minutes every 6 … But it seems your deals are neither?Why dont you spend 10 minutes every 6 months looking for deals on things you buy. I take it you do buy stuff?

Indeed I do buy stuff. And I try to buy in the cheapest way possible. But not everything I get cheap is a good enough deal worth posting. Or perhaps it's already been posted. The point is, why is there so much snobbery about how many deals you have posted and if they went hot or cold? Who cares if someone has posted one deal or one hundred deals? Does it make their contribution any less valid? Are thy less of a member just because they've posted less deals? As I've said, personally I couldn't care less as I don't use this site a great deal. But there's a definite snobbery on this site.

​well I'm sure you won't take it too personally, there's no rule and it was surprising to have you posting really unhelpful comments in my thread which basically revolved around you either being disinterested in the thread or about why you don't contribute deals to the site.

Have a great evening fella.

does that mean me too

does that mean me too

i mind back in the day, I tried to post a deal. wow the thing went down quicker than a lead balloon and got removed. got pelters, cos someone had done it before me. wasn't worth the stick, thought never again lol. I've bought tons through the site, so has my family and friends, when I've sent them things of interest. now they are never off it lol.
    I'd never give negative feedback, I'd just avoid it if it wasn't for me.

Original Poster

Ashe

I did say that it doesn't change what they're saying.The point I'm making … I did say that it doesn't change what they're saying.The point I'm making is that if a poster makes a ridiculous comment about a deal (such as the examples I gave), it's hypocritical when they themselves make no effort.

In which case, ridiculous comments are ok provided you've made an effort and posted a tonne of deals? Why should the number of deals posted affect how valid or accepted someone's comments are?

Original Poster

shadey12

​the ones who don't seem to post are multis and they are only interested i … ​the ones who don't seem to post are multis and they are only interested in making comments to bait others, they usually get banned, reinvent themselves, post 1 or 2 deals, built their comments up (bit like eBay feedback) then start winding people up, often people they have some gripe with from a previous existence.edit, in my opinion.

That's a massive generalisation and sweeping statement. I personally joined a few years ago. I didn't post a deal simply because I used the app for a week and then forgot all about it for a couple years. Some people chose not post for fear of criticism. Some people choose to only read and not contribute. All these people in your opinion are multis With an axe to grind?

I think most new members post a deal or two, and then get strangely drawn to the misc section by some unknown force from which there is no escape. Some, in an attempt to be free, create additional accounts, one for deals and several for misc, but soon even multis lose their way and end up talking to themselves.

Edited by: "Predikuesi" 4th Feb

Banned

BagABargain78

That's a massive generalisation and sweeping statement. I personally … That's a massive generalisation and sweeping statement. I personally joined a few years ago. I didn't post a deal simply because I used the app for a week and then forgot all about it for a couple years. Some people chose not post for fear of criticism. Some people choose to only read and not contribute. All these people in your opinion are multis With an axe to grind?

I get it.

You are a non-contributor, which you fully admit & that is what you choose to do (or rather not to do).

But the fact remains over the years you must have come across deals that were deserved to be on HUKDs but you choose not to post them.
    Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 4th Feb

STRICKIBHOY

i mind back in the day, I tried to post a deal. wow the thing went down … i mind back in the day, I tried to post a deal. wow the thing went down quicker than a lead balloon and got removed. got pelters, cos someone had done it before me. wasn't worth the stick, thought never again lol. I've bought tons through the site, so has my family and friends, when I've sent them things of interest. now they are never off it lol. I'd never give negative feedback, I'd just avoid it if it wasn't for me.

Hi Strickbhoy

Is your comment aimed at me?

If it is then I think that you make some good points. I have bought a lot to items that have seen on this site, (far too many in fact). I do also, as you imply, recommend this site to friends and family.

I think that the level of posted deal we have at the moment from HUKD's active and passive members leads to the right amount overall, lots, but not an unmanageable amount.

Perhaps members like me who have never posted a deal, should not be allowed to post their late night drunken ramblings in Misc.

I am not going to commit to reducing my drinking, but I will though try to post a deal some time over the next couple years.

i'm too terrified to post deals these days, i've even been threatened with violence if i should ever wonder over there again. Feels safer in misc, amongst all the snow flakes.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891515
      2. Going in style uv code give away11
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?24110
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4661377

See more discussions