How many digit nationwide mortgage account number

Found 31st May 2015
I made a mortgage payment to nationwide and the reference is my account number. However i put an extra digit. My account number have 11 digit and i put 12 digit on my payment. Contacted my bank and said it has gone and should ask nationwide. However the mortgage dept close on sunday. I wonder if people with nationwide mortgage can help me to let me know how many digit is their account number. The reason is because if it goes to non existent account it will be easier to get back rather than when it goes to someone else account

1. Ask
  2. Mortgage
4 Comments

11 digits

Original Poster

moob

11 digits

Thanks. I guess it will still be a nightmare to sort out but as long as it doesnt go to someone else account as my bank said it will require consent etc
Edited by: "stout2212" 31st May 2015

Strange how they can process it if the number has too many digits?

Original Poster

arachnoid

Strange how they can process it if the number has too many digits?

I think because the account number and sort code is correct. The reference is the one that i got it wrong. It could be the money go to the nationwide system before then being allocated to customer account number. In the way personal transfer, reference is a bit irrelevant as long as account number and sort code is exist. My bank reckon it could bounce back in the next 48 hours. Perhaps someone with IT banking knowledge can enlighten me
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions