Groups

How many doors do I need for an internal room?

Am looking at building an extension which would leave an internal room, no outside wall. Do I need to plan in 2 doors or door + window to another room for fire regulations? I have this funny feeling that you have to have 2 exits for fire safety?

Thankyou.

6 Comments

not sure if thats allowed unless its a bathroom . normally the windows have to be a certain size in relation to floor area. Local council building regs should help.

Banned

give planning a call as pretty good at OUR council

adur.gov.uk/pla…htm

Original Poster

csiman;8633527

give planning a call as pretty good at OUR … give planning a call as pretty good at OUR councilhttp://www.adur.gov.uk/planning/index.htm

Found the right people in the end, it's building control. They said that 2 doors is fine as long as you can ventilate the room ok. They seemed pretty vague as to whether a door and a window would be ok. Might go for a glass door as that'll let in the light still. Put some curtains up if needed.

Anyway, where's my invite lol?!??!?!

Banned

Benjimoron;8633691

Found the right people in the end, it's building control. They said that … Found the right people in the end, it's building control. They said that 2 doors is fine as long as you can ventilate the room ok. They seemed pretty vague as to whether a door and a window would be ok. Might go for a glass door as that'll let in the light still. Put some curtains up if needed.Anyway, where's my invite lol?!??!?!

where are the curtains gonna go? :w00t:

are you a dancing queen then lol

Original Poster

csiman;8633726

where are the curtains gonna go? :w00t:are you a dancing queen then lol

I was going to put curtains up inside the glass doorway of the internal room, so that the light can get in but when you want to you can close it off so you can't see the junk/spare bedroom from the lounge.

I went to pride once but didn't find what I was looking for, real life lesbians don't look the same as the ones in films!!

Banned

Benjimoron;8641374

I was going to put curtains up inside the glass doorway of the internal … I was going to put curtains up inside the glass doorway of the internal room, so that the light can get in but when you want to you can close it off so you can't see the junk/spare bedroom from the lounge.I went to pride once but didn't find what I was looking for, real life lesbians don't look the same as the ones in films!!

LOL - so true! :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…45
      2. totalev.com comp - win an electric car1919
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains44
      4. Jazz apple slicer for the price of a stamp22

See more discussions