How many lights on a 6ft Christmas Tree?

Found 18th Nov 2015
Looking at buting some more lights for our tree, our old ones broke last yr & I can't remember how many we but the ones Im looking at are 300 led warm white. Will this be too much on a 6ft slim artificial tree?
Community Updates
13 Comments
rule of thumb is normally 100 per foot. home bargains have the white led multi function, 400 for £14.99.cheapest I've found
Wow thats a bargain! Thank you. 100 per foot? That's way more than we've ever had. Does anyone else do that? xx
97 you'll need
I have a 6ft tree and I have found that 240 is ok
Can never have enough in my opinion.
oO We usually have around 100 on ours and thats more than enough!
Normally two sets of lights for our standard 8ft why the **** did we buy such a tall tree, Christmas tree.
No idea how many bulbs are on seat set though as they only come out at the start of December then go back into storage at the end.
Angel_Of_The_North

Wow thats a bargain! Thank you. 100 per foot? That's way more than we've … Wow thats a bargain! Thank you. 100 per foot? That's way more than we've ever had. Does anyone else do that? xx

I'd assume it's per foot of height rather than per linear foot.

Do the lights you're looking at give a length? You can always wrap a bit of string around the tree to see how many turns you get out of it.
I've just ordered 200 from Amazon. I thought we had thrown our old ones out but we hadn't (even though half were kaputed!) and we have been using 180. So hopefully the 200 will be spot on. Thank for all your advice x
I suppose it depends how well you want the tree covered. I've got a very bushy 6 foot tree and 1 400 set of led lights from home bargains is enough for mine.
tracypilling1

I suppose it depends how well you want the tree covered. I've got a very … I suppose it depends how well you want the tree covered. I've got a very bushy 6 foot tree and 1 400 set of led lights from home bargains is enough for mine.

Mine is quite a slimline tree. Not sparce, but slim.
we had a 7ft tree last year and 200 was plenty
Bradleigh

we had a 7ft tree last year and 200 was plenty

Thank you x
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions