Groups

How many Of You ???

Make a monthly donation to a charity by Direct Debit?

i give £2 per month the cancer Research..... How about anyone else?

54 Comments

£1 a week out of my wages goes to Barnardo's.

20pounds a month.

sponsor a child in ghana to go to school. his name is samuel and he is 10.

Original Poster

saayinla;4667838

20pounds a month.

to what charity then ??

Original Poster

jellybaby22;4667795

I sponser a dog with dogs trust for my little girl ....think its about £5 … I sponser a dog with dogs trust for my little girl ....think its about £5 a month.....

Oh bless whats its name JB?

we have a charitable donation thing to a selection of charities at work that comes direct off your wages If you opt into the scheme-mine goes to childline-fiver a week.

£2 to the NSPCC as well as those money boxes in shops etc.

Original Poster

jellybaby22;4667888

Chance....its a gorgeous little dog...my daughter would love a real … Chance....its a gorgeous little dog...my daughter would love a real puppy..but sponsoring one is the next best thing.....:-D

I agree.. much cheaper
    barky;4667900

we have a charitable donation thing to a selection of charities at work … we have a charitable donation thing to a selection of charities at work that comes direct off your wages If you opt into the scheme-mine goes to childline-fiver a week.

Thats very charitable :thumbsup:

£2 a month NSPCC via DD , but im always giving.
    Bought red nose day t-shirt and gave £5 via quidco which they will match.
    Then today bought 5 easter eggs the £1.99 cadbury ones on offer for 99p in Tesco and drop them at the front of the store to go to needy children in my local area. ( local radio run this every easter and christmas) and thats just last week alone.

Original Poster

DIVA1977;4667930

£2 a month NSPCC via DD , but im always giving.Bought red nose day … £2 a month NSPCC via DD , but im always giving.Bought red nose day t-shirt and gave £5 via quidco which they will match.Then today bought 5 easter eggs the £1.99 cadbury ones on offer for 99p in Tesco and drop them at the front of the store to go to needy children in my local area. ( local radio run this every easter and christmas) and thats just last week alone.

I did not realise there were some many out there that donated on a regular basis:thumbsup:

Banned

wonder how many people are telling the truth....

I pay each month to the children of murdered police officers

not a penny

although making jellybelly feel good is classed as charity work :-D

I'll start donating to charities when they stop paying students £10 an hour to shove clipboards in my face.

That, and not paying their execs £65k. If they cared that much ,they'd be happy doing charity work for free, or for expenses at most.

nothing

I give £5 a month to NSPCC, don't even miss it when it's direct debit - if I had to make the effort to give it I would probably think of something I need the money for :roll:

Every now and then I get a letter asking me to increase it to £12 a month but I would miss that when it comes out and I always worry with charities how much of my donation goes towards 'administrative' costs :thinking:

[QUOTE=Mrs.Z;4668018]I give £5 a month to NSPCC, don't even miss it when it's direct debit - if I had to make the effort to give it I would probably think of something I need the money for :roll:

Every now and then I get a letter asking me to increase it to £12 a month but I would miss that when it comes out and I always worry with charities how much of my donation goes towards 'administrative' costs :thinking:[/QUOTE]

at least 50%

DIVA1977;4667930

Then today bought 5 easter eggs the £1.99 cadbury ones on offer for 99p … Then today bought 5 easter eggs the £1.99 cadbury ones on offer for 99p in Tesco and drop them at the front of the store to go to needy children in my local area. ( local radio run this every easter and christmas) and thats just last week alone.

These are the kind of charity I like doing, or the ones where you make up parcels. I saw some cat food reduced before and bought loads of tins and dropped them off at the PDSA.

At least you know 100% is going to the cause, that way :thumbsup:

monthly to sightsavers int

sightsavers.org/?gc…nog

fundraising for rnib and rnid

i have been surprised at how many people dont take their 1p or 5p in change

so now i have collection boxes for (local) blind school

grex9101;4668033

[QUOTE=Mrs.Z;4668018]I give £5 a month to NSPCC, don't even miss it when … [QUOTE=Mrs.Z;4668018]I give £5 a month to NSPCC, don't even miss it when it's direct debit - if I had to make the effort to give it I would probably think of something I need the money for :roll:Every now and then I get a letter asking me to increase it to £12 a month but I would miss that when it comes out and I always worry with charities how much of my donation goes towards 'administrative' costs :thinking:[/QUOTE]at least 50%

Wow, really :w00t: think I will have to look into it all a bit more, if anyone's got any good ideas?

When I first started donating I just did it because it's such a worthy cause, but I did always wonder ...

Original Poster

grex9101;4668033

[QUOTE=Mrs.Z;4668018]I give £5 a month to NSPCC, don't even miss it when … [QUOTE=Mrs.Z;4668018]I give £5 a month to NSPCC, don't even miss it when it's direct debit - if I had to make the effort to give it I would probably think of something I need the money for :roll:Every now and then I get a letter asking me to increase it to £12 a month but I would miss that when it comes out and I always worry with charities how much of my donation goes towards 'administrative' costs :thinking:[/QUOTE]at least 50%

and where do you get your statistics from then Grex:whistling:

I also give a few quid each month to Cancer Research by Direct Debit.

Also give MS Society around £15 every 3 to 4 months.

And I always give stuff to the local charity shops every few months as well.

Mrs.Z;4668057

[QUOTE=grex9101;4668033]Wow, really :w00t: think I will have to look into it … [QUOTE=grex9101;4668033]Wow, really :w00t: think I will have to look into it all a bit more, if anyone's got any good ideas?When I first started donating I just did it because it's such a worthy cause, but I did always wonder ...

They should produce a yearly (at least) account of incomings and outgoings.

50% is perhaps a bit high, but the amount WILL be substantial.

frollickingfrill;4668088

[QUOTE=grex9101;4668033]and where do you get your statistics from then … [QUOTE=grex9101;4668033]and where do you get your statistics from then Grex:whistling:

2006 NSPCC audit:

nspcc.org.uk/doc…pdf

We give monthly-£35 in total-my OH is always moaning about it-but we have a chinese take out every week-and its less a week than that costs so i feel i can afford it at the moment.

I must admit i do get fed up with them ringing and asking for more money-i find it hard to say no-although i do-but often find them a bit condesending.

We give to cancer research, action aid, nspcc, scope, Salvation Army, Lifeboats, WWF, Nspca & Local hospice by direct debit-mostly £3 or £4 each.

lucerysmum;4668177

We give monthly-£35 in total-my OH is always moaning about it-but we have … We give monthly-£35 in total-my OH is always moaning about it-but we have a chinese take out every week-and its less a week than that costs so i feel i can afford it at the moment. I get feed up with them ringing and asking for more money-i find it hard to say no-although i do-but often find them a bit condesending.We give to cancer research, action aid, nspcc, scope, Salvation Army, Lifeboats, WWF, Nspca & Local hospice by direct debit-mostly £3 or £4 each.

I feel the need to ask - WHY?

£3 per month to the wildlife trust & the same to world wildlife fund. Keep intending to set up with the p d s a so thanks for the reminder

Hi all
    Well done to all who donate I give £5 a month to St Michaels Hospice and have also raised money for Demlza House (£300) and vairous other charitys when running Full 1/2 marathons.
    I am off to Cuba in April on a sponsoured cycle ride to raise money for blind Cuban children and
    need to raise £1500 which is quite hard at the moment any help much appreciated every £1 counts I have a just giving link/address justgiving.com/nic…bb1
    Cheer to any one who can help:)

Cancer research £2 a month.

lucerysmum;4668177

We give monthly-£35 in total-my OH is always moaning about it-but we have … We give monthly-£35 in total-my OH is always moaning about it-but we have a chinese take out every week-and its less a week than that costs so i feel i can afford it at the moment. I must admit i do get fed up with them ringing and asking for more money-i find it hard to say no-although i do-but often find them a bit condesending.We give to cancer research, action aid, nspcc, scope, Salvation Army, Lifeboats, WWF, Nspca & Local hospice by direct debit-mostly £3 or £4 each.

hat is very generous of you, but if I had that much to donate I would definitely find a more straightforward way of helping one case, like sponsering a child or something?

Has anyone had one where they send you a pair of baby's socks and expect you to return them, along with a donation? My Mum told me she got one like this twice, as well as one sending her a sewing kit as a present and asking for a donation

we made a donation to the orangutan foundation documented on bbc2's orangutan diaries and will do so regulary, my kids love it.

oh and im running in the race for life for cancer research in june, link in profile

Original Poster

Mrs.Z;4668290

Has anyone had one where they send you a pair of baby's socks and expect … Has anyone had one where they send you a pair of baby's socks and expect you to return them, along with a donation? My Mum told me she got one like this twice, as well as one sending her a sewing kit as a present and asking for a donation

Never heard of this one Mrs.Z:?

I gave £15 a month to Barnardo's, until i was made redundant

I take stuff to the charity shop near me every month after a clearout and im also doing the race for life in July 2009! I prefer to help out local schools etc

No I don't. I used to donate to the local hospice but then I couldn't afford it and gave up. Sometimes I feel bad about it as you never know when you may need one of these charities.

I give £5 a month to NSPCC. Also doing the race for life in June!! And i do alot of volunteering for a charity shop also. So tend to donate there too.

grex9101;4668185

I feel the need to ask - WHY?

because we are both lucky enough to have jobs and have been given a break in life-many others aren't so lucky.

£2 a month DD to cancer research x

Mrs.Z;4668272

hat is very generous of you, but if I had that much to donate I would … hat is very generous of you, but if I had that much to donate I would definitely find a more straightforward way of helping one case, like sponsering a child or something?

The money to action aid is a sponsorship-it was for a child-but he grew into an adult (as you do !) and so they wrote and said would we carry on and the money goes to help the village on a general basis.

I just feel if i had a sick child, deaf child, parent with illness - or i myself was ill and couldn't afford help - someone who could would help.

My best friend died of cancer at a young age, and another close friends husband has it, as did my aunt who died of cancer at 56 - anything i can do to stop a family going through what i know they all went through/are going through-i feel i would like to do.

My OH has a debilitating illness which has really brought things home to us too-and i feel if i can help someone be better for something that i don't miss-i should be doing it !
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!22
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553771
      3. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value48
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423914467

See more discussions