Groups

How many photos could you get printed for the price of a digital photo frame?

I'm guessing the answer would be around the thousands mark, which begs the question, why get a digital photo frame when you could probably get as many photos as you could fit on the memory card and stick them all up at the same time. Or you could just put a few up and change them over every so often. They'd be better quality too,

9 Comments

I agree they are a waste of money, but you can have pretty much every photo you've ever taken on one frame, which changes regularly, automatically.

You would soon get bored even changing a physical picture once a day!!

its a novel idea, and looks good in your living room, also if you can develop thousands of photos for £30 i'd be mighty surprised

My only problem with them are the wires, and the fact you have to have 2, one for portrait and one for landscape!!!

sancho1983;6350905

My only problem with them are the wires, and the fact you have to have 2, … My only problem with them are the wires, and the fact you have to have 2, one for portrait and one for landscape!!!:)

there always coming down in price and getting better and better

Original Poster

sancho1983;6350905

My only problem with them are the wires, and the fact you have to have 2, … My only problem with them are the wires, and the fact you have to have 2, one for portrait and one for landscape!!!:)

I thought they were battery powered (although thinking about it the batteries would need changing daily probably!)

Personally I would'nt go round changing the photos, I'd just have my 20 or so favourite ones all around the house.

Benjimoron;6350928

I thought they were battery powered (although thinking about it the … I thought they were battery powered (although thinking about it the batteries would need changing daily probably!)Personally I would'nt go round changing the photos, I'd just have my 20 or so favourite ones all around the house.

20 good quality picture frames would cost a fair whack. Probably the same as a digital one. But I'd rather have a picture in a standard frame than a digital one.

My tv has a slot for your memory card, so turns into a picture frame. No extra wires, no printing costs, job done :thumbsup:

cribert;6350884

its a novel idea, and looks good in your living room, also if you can … its a novel idea, and looks good in your living room, also if you can develop thousands of photos for £30 i'd be mighty surprised

There have been deals on here in the past for 1p 6x4 prints - I ordered over a thousand for just a little over a tenner delivered last time I saw such an offer... :thumbsup:

Loads of 6x4" benji, especially if you take into account the numerous just pay p&p offers!!
    The thing is that if. like me, you snap away like a lunatic you end up with thousands of pics and you like hundreds of them, so a digital photo frame is one alternative to hundreds of 6x4, that you never look at, stuck in the cupboard .
    I agree with Sancho that the wires are irritating. My original frame is on the sideboard behind the settee for that reason and never seen , so we got a second one with a 'good battery'.
    One of my winter activities will be to get to grips properly with my pics. Choose some to print on A4 ( I bought a printer) and frame. It costs a lot to have bigger pics done 'professionally'.
    The rest that I choose, I will put on memory cards for the digital frames.

Yes to the telly idea; if only ours would break. Grr....panasonics!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4532117
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      4. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66

See more discussions