How many tissue rolls do you have?

Posted 21st Mar
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
The question should be:

How many loo rolls do you have per person in the household you live!

We have 27 - 1 for me and 26 for the missus!
21 loo rolls
0 kitchen towels
2 boxes of tissues &
A partridge in a Pear Tree

That last bits a lie, we don't have a pear tree 🙈
Don't worry, when the food runs out, you won't be needing them
50ish between 2 of us, all of which were bought before the panic buying kicked off at the beginning of the month.

We stockpile as a matter of course 'just in case', kitchen cupboards and freezer are always kept full and things like loo roll, kitchen roll, detergent etc are bought in bulk from Macro and stored in the garage until they're needed. At any given time, as long as we're not too picky about what we eat, we could get by for at least a month without doing any shopping at all.

I will admit to feeling slightly smug towards friends and relatives who in the past took the p*** out our buying habits, dismissing them as stupid and paranoid.
Edited by: "spoo" 21st Mar
83 Comments
I'm down to 8
8 toilet rolls
6 kitchen rolls
4 pocket tissue packs
Box of 100 latex gloves if the worst happens
Well over 100 because once they are on sale at Costco we get a couple of packs as the nearest store is quite some drive.
Makes you wish you had one of those whacky bidet toilets like when you go abroad.
36 rolls.

Shhh! Don't tell anyone lol
About 6 toilet rolls left haven't got any in over a week
Well well..
in Mid-February, I mistakenly ordered 120 rolls (instead of my usual 60 rolls) in groupon. Realised on delivery only & then struggled to find space for storage. And all this panic attack makes me realise my luck.
Edited by: "Roselilyjas" 21st Mar
Don't worry, when the food runs out, you won't be needing them
12 Toilet Rolls
5 Kitchen Towel rolls
5 x( 500) Reams of A4 Copy paper (80gsm )
3 Seashells
Edited by: "Jace_Phoenix" 21st Mar
Probably about 64 rolls, we buy them from Farmfoods whose strategy is to sell in bulk - 54 rolls (3 x 18 pack) for £11 plus use a £2 voucher on a £25 shop or £5 on £50.

Fortunately we were getting low before the bog roll panic buying hit full tilt. Otherwise I'd be using my bath sponge by now!
7 toilet rolls
1 box Kleenex tissues
No kitchen towels for 2 weeks now, started using a cloth to wipe up spills like we all used to.
1200 and will buy more tomorrow Tesco, Aldi, Lidl here I come!

Update: you probably noticed loo roll shelves are empty there now... 1300, see you tomorrow
Edited by: "senukas" 21st Mar
MonkeysUncle21/03/2020 00:48

Makes you wish you had one of those whacky bidet toilets like when you go …Makes you wish you had one of those whacky bidet toilets like when you go abroad.

I've wanted one of those Japanese toilet seats ever since I saw one on TV, but I was put off by the prices at the time. All the money I've spent on bog rolls since then would have probably paid for it by now!
The question should be:

How many loo rolls do you have per person in the household you live!

We have 27 - 1 for me and 26 for the missus!
21 loo rolls
0 kitchen towels
2 boxes of tissues &
A partridge in a Pear Tree

That last bits a lie, we don't have a pear tree 🙈
1 On the go, 1 Spare. I might have to start using both sides.......
Been trying to get a 4 pack for the last couple of weeks but everyone's gone nuts..

Of course this makes me think if I find some I'll have to buy them all so it doesn't happen again which is exactly what is causing the problem in the first place, so I'll just try to resist and buy the usual amount.
Been using the three sea shells since demolition man 1993, saved loads of Dosh and trees!
Luckily I bought some before prices went up!
So I’m covered for 3/4 months because I buy jumbo toilet rolls like you see in retail shops etc £6 a bag
Simon is down to his last sheet.

Around 54. But I had 3x9 pack tucked away before this all started. And the 18pack I managed to grab this week will be heading across the road to my mum's (4 person house). Glad I bought a load of nappies for little un too just before it kicked off.
I didnt buy any. Im half way through my last pack. Family rinses through them even though every single one of us washes our ars* first so not sure what is going on.
Jace_Phoenix21/03/2020 05:22

Simon is down to his last sheet.

I don't get it. Us this what passes for humour in this country?
17 rolls
About 6 packs of tissues (3 are menthol, not sure I should put those near my bum)

Been in isolation since day but thankfully my husband had bought a 32 pack a week or so before. Considered getting another pack before it was announced he had to isolate too but we figured there were others who would need it more than us.
I don't want to count or I'll live in fear...blissful ignorance until that fateful day.
None , but plenty of £50 notes
senukas21/03/2020 02:05

1200 and will buy more tomorrow

Strange how this got ZERO likes.
UPDATE......
As I'm sure you have all been waiting to hear, cheeks clenched I am now the proud, well a little ashamed, owner of 24 rolls plus the 2 mentioned in my previous post.

I regularly shop when the store opens on a Saturday as there tend to be only 3-4 people at that time which helps with my social phobia, today? 20-30 people before the doors opened. Packs of 24 rolls was all they had and whilst I dithered thinking I really don't need that many people started snatching the sparse stock so decided better to have.

Even managed to pick up some pasta, one box on the entire pasta section just took one packet because of that rather than my regular two.

Still awaiting the end of the great UHT drought..
14.5 oh and half a box of paw patrol tissues
Edited by: "Maverick77" 21st Mar
I stockpiled 2,000, said the "End is Nigh" and selling it to hysterical panickers for £10 a roll. Going to make a pretty profit from this.
Where I live plenty of dock leaves, so I can do it as a kid like in the woods while making a camp, for others a den. Done the job, but always had bits of leaves in your pants when you got home.
Weve got about 9 I think. Family of 4, we use 2 a week - we'll be fine for 2+ months. I honestly don't get the panic.
Been using the toilet brush for a week.
MonkeysUncle21/03/2020 00:48

Makes you wish you had one of those whacky bidet toilets like when you go …Makes you wish you had one of those whacky bidet toilets like when you go abroad.

Just use a loota,
The question is all those dirty ******* , whom weren't using it beforehand how are they finding out how too use it.
melted21/03/2020 01:50

Probably about 64 rolls, we buy them from Farmfoods whose strategy is to …Probably about 64 rolls, we buy them from Farmfoods whose strategy is to sell in bulk - 54 rolls (3 x 18 pack) for £11 plus use a £2 voucher on a £25 shop or £5 on £50.Fortunately we were getting low before the bog roll panic buying hit full tilt. Otherwise I'd be using my bath sponge by now!

You've panic bought a bath sponge
I think that many have confused the Coronavirus with Norovirus. Remember when that was something.

Norovirus results in about 685 million cases of disease and 200,000 deaths globally a year.[6][7]
About 80 Toilet Tissue, 20 Kitchen Towels and 10x6 packs of Kleenex pocket tissues. Bought before all this and the quantities because we can buy in work at cost price but in full cases only.
40152772-eAMPY.jpg
Just enough to last me till next Tuesday.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants