How much 4 putting alloys on car

Found 18th Aug 2011
price I'm being quoted is over £70 for putting 4 tyres onto my new alloys and then fitting onto car.

I thought puncture repairs only cost about £10 per wheel although they would need rebalancing.

Any suggestions or recommendations as to where I can get these done cheaper.
Community Updates
MiscCar
13 Comments
That sounds very steep!!

Kwik Fit Charge around 10-12 pound to put on a tyre and balancing per tyre
Back street garage. Will do perfectly the same job Price = £20 for all 4. Or £40 if they think they can mug you off because your complaining to them its £80 everywhere else lol.
Balancing is normally dead cheap! Agree with others. I really would ask around
Original Poster
thats what i thought but I did try 3 different places etyres and 2 local garages.
I will start hunting more in the backstreets.
Puncture repairs are about a fiver or on ebay for £7.50 ish you can buy a kit with the tools and enough plugs to do 10 punctures.
Original Poster
harlzter

Puncture repairs are about a fiver or on ebay for £7.50 ish you can buy a … Puncture repairs are about a fiver or on ebay for £7.50 ish you can buy a kit with the tools and enough plugs to do 10 punctures.

sry harlzter, you mis-understand me.
I was only making a comparison with a puncture repair which needs just as much work but costs only £10 or so.
I tried to get my own tyres fitted to alloys years ago and all the big places told me to go away. Would only fit their own tyres. Found a small place that would do it and they couldn't get the tyres on, did manage to completely trash the wheel trying though....
Where abouts are you Joey...no stalking I promise...someone might know someone etc.
Original Poster
jiminym

Where abouts are you Joey...no stalking I promise...someone might know … Where abouts are you Joey...no stalking I promise...someone might know someone etc.

It's ok Jimminym, found a guy who will do it for £40. (SE Berkshire)

Shengis, that sounds bad buddy, maybe you just picked out alloys without checking anything regards to fitting as I know a lot of ppl can easily fall into that trap.
A place near me only chargers £3 per wheel.
Joey Bloggsy

It's ok Jimminym, found a guy who will do it for £40. (SE … It's ok Jimminym, found a guy who will do it for £40. (SE Berkshire)Shengis, that sounds bad buddy, maybe you just picked out alloys without checking anything regards to fitting as I know a lot of ppl can easily fall into that trap.

Don't get what you're saying?
Original Poster
Shengis

Don't get what you're saying?

Just saying that maybe it was the wrong size tyre for the alloy but normally ppl get caught out with sizes of the alloy which don't fit their car and then have to research spigot rings and stuff, thats all
Joey Bloggsy

Just saying that maybe it was the wrong size tyre for the alloy but … Just saying that maybe it was the wrong size tyre for the alloy but normally ppl get caught out with sizes of the alloy which don't fit their car and then have to research spigot rings and stuff, thats all

Ah, no. The tyres were so stiff it needed a lorry tyre machine to get them on lol.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions