Found 9th Jun 2007
Should it cost to post a DVD (a game) first class recorded delivery. I'm sure it should only cost around a quid, but whenever I go, I get charged more!!

Is a small jiffy bag consdiered a package or a large letter. Could someone clear this this up asap cos bout to go to post office!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
10 Comments

Donleeone

Should it cost to post a DVD (a game) first class recorded delivery. I'm … Should it cost to post a DVD (a game) first class recorded delivery. I'm sure it should only cost around a quid, but whenever I go, I get charged more!!Is a small jiffy bag consdiered a package or a large letter. Could someone clear this this up asap cos bout to go to post office!

I would use R/D and £1.20 should be enough.

Weigh it and see for yourself:-
]http//sg…alc

Original Poster

Just payed £2.08 they always charge me that. They are classing a DVD jiffy bag as a package when it should be a large letter

might head back there

If the package fits through the 'large letter guide' they have got in the post office, then they can't charge it as a small package.

Do you always use the same post office? I am sure you shouldn't be paying that much.

It costs me normally between £90 and £1.30. for Games/dvds etc.

Sloth/Mod

Donleeone

Just payed £2.08 they always charge me that. They are classing a DVD … Just payed £2.08 they always charge me that. They are classing a DVD jiffy bag as a package when it should be a large lettermight head back there

It must weigh between 100-250g and be a packet (£1.38 + 70p RD). A large letter is often a struggle for DVD's etc if you're using think bubble envelopes. :thumbsup:

Sloth/Mod

Iom-RF

It costs me normally between £90 and £1.30. for Games/dvds etc.

£90 :w00t: . Damn the Isle of Man post office. :giggle:

Original Poster

Just been back. Told him its a large letter and then, after i've come back, he asks me to check if it fits in the large letter slot, which it does, easily!!

Got a refund, and now know for the future!

Thanks

You silly sod Sy, I didn't put were I live for the exact reason that someone will now try to charge me more as per the mole thread! (If they read the sub forums!)

Never mind, Yes I meant 90p!

Sloth/Mod

Iom-RF

You silly sod Sy, I didn't put were I live for the exact reason that … You silly sod Sy, I didn't put were I live for the exact reason that someone will now try to charge me more as per the mole thread! (If they read the sub forums!)Never mind, Yes I meant 90p!

:lol: :whistling: :-D

I notice that some smaller 'local' post offices will charge more to post the same items. For example I sell a certain item on ebay that I package the same way. At one PO it costs £1.20, and in the other PO it costs approx £1.60. 40p a time x 100's is too much for me on top of ebay and paypal fees so I have to make a 15 mile round trip just to go and post my stuff at a bigger PO.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769368
    2. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3280
    3. Happy Bandi Chorr Diwas and Happy Diwali!1214
    4. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…47

See more discussions