How much are you spending at xmas

Posted 12th Nov
Just interested what people spend on their partner/husband/wife at xmas. We spend around £50 on each other which makes getting a bargain more important. I know it's low but takes all the stress out of it and we do double it for Birthdays.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
If I am feeling particularly generous one year I may splash out on a chocolate orange each, for the rest of the years they each receive a satsuma.
This year, we're just stockpiling canned food, bottled water, medicines, and weapons. Merry breXmas.
Edited by: "Make.Amazon.Great.Again" 12th Nov
25 Comments
Our Xmas shopping (for our families) is pretty much done, we tend to start around late summer and pick up things by way of deals as and when we see them, as opposed to waiting till Black Friday etc. My partner and I tend to go overboard on each other at Xmas, maybe around £150 to £200 on each other, but we’re not really extravagant at other times of the year. (Just to add, we don’t have children)
Edited by: "joeydeacon" 12th Nov
Got all my presents for girlfriend and grown up kids and it averages about £100 each
With no children in the immediate family we don't really bother with Christmas, other than spending extra on food for the season and putting up some decorations normally. I do tend to get gifts but they are very small and I prefer to try and be generous all year around.
ZERO,
£20 limit/person
We don't set a limit really, wife says no point as I ignore it anyway. Last xmas she had a baby, don't think I can top that!
These threads always go well!
Don't set any limit for my wife/kids, but typically spend around £150-£200 on wife and £150-£250 on my boy.
Other family I try to aim for £50, but normally go over it.
@jaydeeuk1 cute and gz
My parents like small gestures, so we don't spend much.
When my partner was alive he liked splashing out, up to £200.
Edited by: "mysmugcat" 12th Nov
If I am feeling particularly generous one year I may splash out on a chocolate orange each, for the rest of the years they each receive a satsuma.
reindeer33312/11/2019 10:23

If I am feeling particularly generous one year I may splash out on a …If I am feeling particularly generous one year I may splash out on a chocolate orange each, for the rest of the years they each receive a satsuma.

Hehe
You can cut costs by making your own chocolate orange with orange and a chocolate no less. You can Google if you like (or not).

If I am feeling particularly generous one year I may splash out on a …If I am feeling particularly generous one year I may splash out on a chocolate orange each, for the rest of the years they each receive a satsuma.

mysmugcat12/11/2019 10:28

HeheYou can cut costs by making your own chocolate orange with orange and …HeheYou can cut costs by making your own chocolate orange with orange and a chocolate no less. You can Google if you like (or not).

no need to cut costs they’ll be plenty of deals on chocolate oranges on here
This year, we're just stockpiling canned food, bottled water, medicines, and weapons. Merry breXmas.
Edited by: "Make.Amazon.Great.Again" 12th Nov
Nothing.
No cards
No presents
& dinner would be chinese roast duck with pancakes, mandolined cucumber etc.
fresh fruit slices & decent creme fraiche.

However this year we are abroad anyway (chamonix) so it will be a 18 euro set meal in our regular haunt & a few beers.
Normal
spend how you want, when you want, what you want
$10,000

38965225-Gb4MT.jpgBut cheaper one are available testicuzzi.com/
Always start off with good intentions, but we just buy what the other would like, in the last few years it’s been iPhones, iPad, apple watches, Xbox one x as well as usual perfume/after shave, clothes... then we always go daft on the kids...
So far I’ve spent £440 on my son and that’s with saving an additional £220+! I managed to get £40 off a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019 using a UNiDAYS code, £50 off a Hornby train set from Amazon vouchers acquired through Voucher Codes, £10 off Toy Story 4 DVD from a Nestle sweet packet promotion, £14 off the new Fortnite bundle finding a deal and then using £10 free PayPal credit via UNiDAYS, £50 off a Lego AR set from an Argos voucher I got when signing up to TalkTalk, £40 off a Hatchimal, saved £30 on the 2 for £60 Nintendo Switch game offer at Tesco, BOGOF on POP Vinyls and plenty of other general offers. I don’t have a budget really but I shop savvy so I get more bang for my buck
ChelseaRae12/11/2019 15:31

So far I’ve spent £440 on my son and that’s with saving an additional £220 …So far I’ve spent £440 on my son and that’s with saving an additional £220+! I managed to get £40 off a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019 using a UNiDAYS code, £50 off a Hornby train set from Amazon vouchers acquired through Voucher Codes, £10 off Toy Story 4 DVD from a Nestle sweet packet promotion, £14 off the new Fortnite bundle finding a deal and then using £10 free PayPal credit via UNiDAYS, £50 off a Lego AR set from an Argos voucher I got when signing up to TalkTalk, £40 off a Hatchimal, saved £30 on the 2 for £60 Nintendo Switch game offer at Tesco, BOGOF on POP Vinyls and plenty of other general offers. I don’t have a budget really but I shop savvy so I get more bang for my buck

I wish I was your child, I would have been happy with any one of those presents 😁. Good savings
Its just me and my son (he is 28 and not bothered with christmas not even the dinner). We are having a takeaway on Christmas Eve hoping to spend £25 and that is it for us christmas is over. We dont do presents or cards.

Haha I should follow your lead, I've spent far too much. Because there's so much to get I tend to buy through the year and then I forget how much aive spent and they end up spoilt again. Next year I'm going to leave it all til December and stick to a budget.
Make.Amazon.Great.Again12/11/2019 10:53

This year, we're just stockpiling canned food, bottled water, medicines, …This year, we're just stockpiling canned food, bottled water, medicines, and weapons. Merry breXmas.

This I should do 😁😁😁
When is Christmas?
princesskizzy12/11/2019 16:11

Its just me and my son (he is 28 and not bothered with christmas not even …Its just me and my son (he is 28 and not bothered with christmas not even the dinner). We are having a takeaway on Christmas Eve hoping to spend £25 and that is it for us christmas is over. We dont do presents or cards.

Sounds a riot
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions