How much can a wii be modded for???looking for local prices

Found 15th Aug 2008
Just bought a wii and wanted to ask about prices to mod it and also what are the good and bad points in doing it
I know you void the warranty and know what a modded one does

10 Comments

Can't you get shoulerless clip on things these days you can do yourself?

isnt voiding the warranty bad enough?

if the job is done badly your wii might explode and burst into flames due to a short..and u might even get injured..sounds silly but have heard stories when something like this has happened

Original Poster

how much would a professional mod cost me.Buxton that danger is somthing you are willing to take whenever you switch anything electrical on so am willing to take it if rewards are good enough

dexter;2753441

how much would a professional mod cost me.Buxton that danger is somthing … how much would a professional mod cost me.Buxton that danger is somthing you are willing to take whenever you switch anything electrical on so am willing to take it if rewards are good enough

If its a brand new model then i was quoted £100 that includes the chip
i bought a chip for £34.00 and my hubby tried to fit it (he's used to stuff like that) but there are so many terminals and its so small that he gave up
When we asked about getting this chip professionally installed he did say that the newer models need the intracate chip hence the price but older models only cost £50.00 to chip
Hope this helps btw we live M40 but it should be the same price generally :thumbsup:

what is the best chip for the current wiis, e.g. most surport, updatable?

thinking of getting a pre modded one, so would have a choice of current available chips

jg213;2753555

what is the best chip for the current wiis, e.g. most surport, … what is the best chip for the current wiis, e.g. most surport, updatable?thinking of getting a pre modded one, so would have a choice of current available chips

we used this web site
hope it helps
wii-chip.co.uk/wii…tml

BigBuxton;2753390

isnt voiding the warranty bad enough?if the job is done badly your wii … isnt voiding the warranty bad enough?if the job is done badly your wii might explode and burst into flames due to a short..and u might even get injured..sounds silly but have heard stories when something like this has happened

I hadn't realised the Wii was made out of C4

twoangels;2753470

If its a brand new model then i was quoted £100 that includes the chipi … If its a brand new model then i was quoted £100 that includes the chipi bought a chip for £34.00 and my hubby tried to fit it (he's used to stuff like that) but there are so many terminals and its so small that he gave upWhen we asked about getting this chip professionally installed he did say that the newer models need the intracate chip hence the price but older models only cost £50.00 to chipHope this helps btw we live M40 but it should be the same price generally :thumbsup:

£100 is expensive to be honest.

i use] here and they do really good work. His most expensive install is £65 including the postage

Robotochan;2753672

I hadn't realised the Wii was made out of C4

lol i wish i knew someone who was like that all the time, it would be funny. ....Are you sure you want to drink that bottled water....it could have poison in it....

boza;2753829

lol i wish i knew someone who was like that all the time, it would be … lol i wish i knew someone who was like that all the time, it would be funny. ....Are you sure you want to drink that bottled water....it could have poison in it....

It's the new FACT campaign "Mod Yer Console And It'll Explode!"
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Electric Bike Advice.33
    2. putting dry clean only through washing machne109
    3. Microsoft Surface Pro - reviews/comments/alternatives!44
    4. amazon echo idiots guide57

See more discussions