How much decking do I need 3x3m

Posted 19th Apr
So gonna start some decking tomo if I was to deck a area at 3x3m squared how much decking or boards would I need if the boards measured 120mm width 1.8m length thanks in advanced.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Try 48 which allows for a 5mm gap between each board for expansion:
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 19th Apr
Are you having the joints random or in a line, if you chop each plank down to 1.5m then you will need 50 maybe 48 with a gap between each plank
Edited by: "ding" 19th Apr
ding19/04/2019 22:12

Are you having the joints random or in a line, if you chop each plank down …Are you having the joints random or in a line, if you chop each plank down to 1.5m then you will need 50 maybe 48 with a gap between each plank

Probably won't be inline more staggered so so a whole length then a 1.2m board.next
I'd think diy shops would take anu unopened packs back, so best to get extra, probably some good videos on youtube showing you some tricks too!
It would be easier to get 3m decking boards - they are readily available.
MattyBoy198912 h, 21 m ago

Probably won't be inline more staggered so so a whole length then a 1.2m …Probably won't be inline more staggered so so a whole length then a 1.2m board.next

Just remember each joint will need a joist underneath for support
When you go in shop and tell them dimensions they Normally advice how much you would need.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions