How much do people pay for water charges for a small business?

Posted 15th AprEdited by:"zoggomomma"
I have a self catering cottage in Scotland so I had to get a water meter installed. Pure Ultilities have just told me the charges. I had better get a tank and fill it with Evian!
What do other people pay? Honestly I am ready to give up trying to make an honest living!
Here's what they tell me the charges are:

Your charges are currently as follows:

Upto 25cm3 - £2.1442

Over 25cm3 - £0.8042
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Do you mean m3 and not cm3
Install eco tape and eco showers - you'll be amazed at how much they could save you. If you have decent enough pressure you'll notice very little loss of flow rate.
If you mean 25 cubic metres that is nowhere near the price of Evian
deleted1293960
ScubaDudes16 m ago

Do you mean m3 and not cm3

Fairly certain you are correct, water is usually metered as Cubic Metres; dont forget there will be an identical amount billed for sewage, although at a different rate.
It's £/m3, so for the first 25 cubic metres of water it's £2.14 per cubic metre. You might get through between 50-100 cubic metres a year, so £75-120 a year maybe.
Thanks all. I copied and pasted what she sent me. Hoping its a typo then! Will let you know...
One cubic metre = 1000 litres so you'll be paying 2.14p per litre for the first 25000 litres, then 0.804p per litre for whatever you use over that. Considering it's the most precious commodity on the planet, that is not expensive.
Edited by: "jaketheplumber" 15th Apr
jaketheplumber11 h, 2 m ago

One cubic metre = 1000 litres so you'll be paying 2.14p per litre for the …One cubic metre = 1000 litres so you'll be paying 2.14p per litre for the first 25000 litres, then 0.804p per litre for whatever you use over that. Considering it's the most precious commodity on the planet, that is not expensive.

Precious?
in Scotland it's practically falling from the sky 360 days a year
Ok, here's the clarification from pure utilities. Not sure I'm entirely convinced by their maths!!!

Good Morning,
If your toilet uses 10 litres that would only be 1/10 of a cm3 as 1000 litres = 1cm3 (1 unit of water). 1 unit costs £2.1442. You would have to fill the toilet 10x to use 1 unit of water.
Once you have used 25cm3 of water in the property, the rate drops down to £0.8042 per cm3.
zoggomomma1 h, 3 m ago

Ok, here's the clarification from pure utilities. Not sure I'm entirely …Ok, here's the clarification from pure utilities. Not sure I'm entirely convinced by their maths!!!Good Morning,If your toilet uses 10 litres that would only be 1/10 of a cm3 as 1000 litres = 1cm3 (1 unit of water). 1 unit costs £2.1442. You would have to fill the toilet 10x to use 1 unit of water.Once you have used 25cm3 of water in the property, the rate drops down to £0.8042 per cm3.

That's nonsense, if your toilet uses 10 litres per flush you get 100 flushes to a cubic metre not 10.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions