Groups

How much do Samsung charge for out of warranty battery replacement???

How much do Samsung charge for out of warranty battery replacment for galaxy s6???

9 Comments

Out of warranty? I swear it came out last year and they get 2 years' warranty as standard? Unless it's not applicable to batteries as they're considered a consumable.

Original Poster

batteries have 1 year warrant...samsung use to offer 6 months but now they do 1 year....going back to my question does anyone know how much they charge for out of warranty replacment

I can't answer your question, but do you have a Timpsons near you? (shoe repair and key cutting people.)

If so they offer services for Apple and Samsung products only. (Screens, batteries.)

We needed a new iPhone battery. Paid £19.99. Same spec, same warranty as Apple's £65 service.

Well worth checking as a comparison to Samsung charges.

Just go online and order a battery. if it's over a year old it won't be covered. I always have two or three spare batteries for my phone in my handbag.

debbiedturner

Just go online and order a battery. if it's over a year old it won't be … Just go online and order a battery. if it's over a year old it won't be covered. I always have two or three spare batteries for my phone in my handbag.

​thats all well and good if the battery is removable, but it is sealed in on the s6

I'd just get a powerbank and charge it up on the go till you upgrade. The Galaxy S range build quality is getting worse every revision and dropping SD and removable battery support was the last straw for me.

kester76

I'd just get a powerbank and charge it up on the go till you upgrade. The … I'd just get a powerbank and charge it up on the go till you upgrade. The Galaxy S range build quality is getting worse every revision and dropping SD and removable battery support was the last straw for me.

​oh golly I didn't realise. That's the reason I haven't got an iPhone, because they are sealed.

debbiedturner

​oh golly I didn't realise. That's the reason I haven't got an iPhone, b … ​oh golly I didn't realise. That's the reason I haven't got an iPhone, because they are sealed.

​unfortunately a lot of phones are going that way, sealing the battery in usually allows more efficient use of internal space giving thinner phones.

adamspencer95

​unfortunately a lot of phones are going that way, sealing the battery in … ​unfortunately a lot of phones are going that way, sealing the battery in usually allows more efficient use of internal space giving thinner phones.

​To be honest it's more to save on handset manufacture costs. It's not in Samsungs interest to sell you are larger battery that will last longer and they don't want you buying a 3rd party battery either. I would prefer a thicker handset with a larger battery and was less likely to bend/break.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1524
      2. Fanta Snapcode for Filters and Lenses11
      3. What would be HELL to you?1920
      4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***620

See more discussions