Groups

how much do u spend on a takeaway - just for yourself?

i really fancy a chinese, but is £18 too naughty to splurge on just me
    I cant decide!!!!!!!!!!!!

34 Comments

£18!? On one person, what the hell are you ordering!? Oh and FYI ive never ordered a takeaway on my own, thats sad lol
    Edited by: "dh058977" 14th Nov 2010

I never order a takeaway just for myself but if i did then £18 sounds ok.........no different to the price of a meal out.

Chinese for me and my OH comes to £16.... What are you ordering??

i think wc is loads i dont get one alone but with my man we spend 12 and there is far to much to eat x

Original Poster

dh058977

£18!? On one person, what the hell are you ordering!? Oh and FYI ive … £18!? On one person, what the hell are you ordering!? Oh and FYI ive never ordered a takeaway on my own, thats sad lol

er ok then. your rather odd!

im pondering an Indian tonite as my weekly Sat night fix was sidelined due to going to the boxing. for me only mines £10.40, chinese is £7.60 & dirty takeaways (kebabs) are £4.20 with chips.

£18 seems pricey for one but hey you only live once order it and enjoy

Sounds about right for a takeaway, although when I order it lasts me two days.

Depends on what your really ordering but i would say £18 for yourself is too much, i spend around £5-7 on chinese takeaway if its only for me and still cant finish it.
    Edited by: "MR1123" 14th Nov 2010

I bet if you order £18 you don't eat it all in one sitting.

About £10 max for one person xxx

lol you have an expensive chinese, mine and the wifes 2 meals + crackers comes to £10, and they are massive

mmmmmmm chinese

£3-4 starters
    £5-6 main
    £3-4 others

so I would have said £14 tops

Chinese hookers are £15 here

Banned

£5

Special fried rice and sweet and sour chicken balls

oh and I ask for half portions, bet you didn't know they did those?

Wow I suppose it depends how "posh" they are where you are ordering from and the size of the meal
    Where I live £18 on a take away would either do potions for two or bloater city for one at a all you can eat

Yum any leftovers monday breakfast

£12 for two at my Chinese - these must be London prices.

Live in a big city, chinese four two and a few beers £50 up your shirt

peterjmay

er ok then. your rather odd!

Yeah ok! Enjoy your takeaway!

Chinese hookers are £15 here

Cost a lot more hear ( I understand) The trouble is that once you have had one you fancy another on in an hours time

I spend £8 on Chinese, usually less if I decided to eat in for the £6 buffet + a drink of course.

BBQ ribs - £4.50
    Chilli salt chicken £5.50
    Beef curry £5.50
    Prawn crackers £1.50
    Coke 60p

£17.60
    I'd never eat it all on my own
    Usually take the leftovers to my sisters.

chinese around here probs 4-5 for the main meal and then couple of quid for spring rolls and prawn crackers. That's what id get for myself so no more than about £6-7

Edited by: "numptyj" 14th Nov 2010

seems a fair bit, If you hungry your hungry. I would.

Depends on what I'm having if I get an Indian it's usually around £10-£12 a pizza up to £15 & fish & chips would cost me around £5, my local chip shop now do deliveries

I spent £12.20 on a chinese on Friday.....eat it all and couldn't move afterwards.....tasty though!!

numptyj

chinese around here probs 4-5 for the main meal and then couple of quid … chinese around here probs 4-5 for the main meal and then couple of quid for spring rolls and prawn crackers. That's what id get for myself so no more than about £6-7

Prawn crackers always come free with my Chinese food. Me and the Miss us spend about £14 on a Chinese or £20(ish) on an Indians (preferred choice), to answer the original question, never have a take away alone.
    Edited by: "Paddy_o_furniture" 14th Nov 2010

Original Poster

well i just polished off my prawn toast, seaweed, chicken chow mein, fried squid in satay sauce and pork balls and now i cant move. i have loads left over if any ones hungry!!!

Banned

£18?? wow lol i hope its nice!

£18! for two yeah you fat ******

had a chicken curry last night, fried rice and vegetable chow mein £10.70

for two of us!, oh still left hers (which i had for breaky - yum!!!!) so technically went for 3 meals

peterjmay

well i just polished off my prawn toast, seaweed, chicken chow mein, … well i just polished off my prawn toast, seaweed, chicken chow mein, fried squid in satay sauce and pork balls and now i cant move. i have loads left over if any ones hungry!!!

Wouldn't wanna clean out your cage tomorrow mate. X)

Duck Curry and chips, £4.50 at my local chinese. Add in Spare ribs (similar price) and prawn crackers, you are looking at about £10.50. Can't move for at least an hour afterwards...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery66
      2. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow919
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251372
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would31125

See more discussions