How much do you hear from your neighbours?

Found 22nd Dec 2012
Just a random question... How much do you hear from your neighbours? Nothing? Daily living noise? Music?

& what kind of house/flat/etc do you live in?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
80 Comments

I'm lucky. The only noise I hear from them is the sound of them hammering on my wall.

Banned

We live in a terraced house. We hear both sides of neighbours' quite a bit. We can often hear people running (jumping? :p) down the stairs. Also, every Saturday, it seems one of our neighbours likes to be a DJ in his conservatory until 1-2am. We can hear some talking, but only when they have guests round.

We probably have very thin walls! oO

Same as kingbenneth really

1 side the married couple argue and slam doors every other day. Both are very nice professional people... I have in 8 months spoke to them (said hello) to the woman about 6 times and the guy never.

The other side are a young couple with about 10 kids, hear less from this side as there is a underpath ally way leading to both our back gardens. But still in the morning at school time you can hear the mother shouting at the kids. Again said hello to the woman about 3 times and the guy about 20 times.

I try to avoid neighbours in all honesty, i think 60 years ago + it was a good thing to know your neighbours...look out for them and treat them like family. But now a days i think we all tend to avoid each other. I mind my own business.

We live in a terraced house and when the neighbours have sex the sound carries though into our bedroom oO
Edited by: "jjmtex" 22nd Dec 2012

jjmtex

We live in a terraced house and when the neighbours have sex the sound … We live in a terraced house and when the neighbours have sex the sound carries though the into our bedroom oO

You're not selling are you?

I only hear my neighbor shouting at his wife S*** when I run out of his back door when he returns from work.

I live in a semi and love both sets of neighbours.

We all look out for each other and it is great

From our neighbour all I hear is him coughing and their phone ringing.
So I'd hate to think what they think of me singing and loud music!

jjmtex

We live in a terraced house and when the neighbours have sex the sound … We live in a terraced house and when the neighbours have sex the sound carries though into our bedroom oO

Make a youtube videos and make some extra money from it
Like these...youtube.com/use…ife

Banned

jjmtex

We live in a terraced house and when the neighbours have sex the sound … We live in a terraced house and when the neighbours have sex the sound carries though into our bedroom oO

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/64913000/jpg/_64913772_arsenewenger.jpg

Live in a 4 in block and caan hear loads from neighbours,through the wall have parties and their son thinks he can sing and play guitar and is shxx they also grow green in their loft and sometimes I wake to really strong smell of it

chasmi49

I live in a semi and love both sets of neighbours.

Brb, Just posting this in the strange women thread.

My neighbour follows me and spys on me, he doesn't go to bed until I do, freaky.....

deeky

:|Brb, Just posting this in the strange women thread.

Why does that make me strange lol

It is how villages used to be everywhere

ettam123

Live in a 4 in block and caan hear loads from neighbours,through the wall … Live in a 4 in block and caan hear loads from neighbours,through the wall have parties and their son thinks he can sing and play guitar and is shxx they also grow green in their loft and sometimes I wake to really strong smell of it

Think you can earn £50 for grassing them up

chasmi49

Why does that make me strange lolIt is how villages used to be everywhere … Why does that make me strange lolIt is how villages used to be everywhere

Semi? Both sets of neighbours?

And I've just stuck up for you. Don't start getting lippy
Edited by: "deeky" 22nd Dec 2012

Regular neighbours, got a couple one side of me,they lived in there around 50 years,took my children's presents in for Xmas in till I was ready to wrap them other day. Other side a younger couple with 1 child. Okay round here, neighbours take parcels in, if I've got extra rubbish out my neighbour always stick the extra bag in their bin as usually room. Don't hear no loud music or anything,we be the loudest with my children I expect but get no complaints.

deeky

Semi? Both sets of neighbours? And I've just stuck up for you. Don't … Semi? Both sets of neighbours? And I've just stuck up for you. Don't start getting lippy

Ok lol
I do live in a semi but I do have neighbours both sides 1 set I'm attached to, the other set live the other side , not attached.

Geez you have to make things so simple for men X)

one side we have ok neighbours but they are getting on a bit now so hardly talk to them and the other side we have a nosy racist and her family. could be better but i suppose it could be a lot worse.

I live in an end of terrace and we have god knows how many Romanians living next door, through summer all we could hear was loads of music sometimes until 2am. got hubby to knock on the door and tell them to lower it please and since has been ok. though in all honesty we probably make more noise than them having 4 kids under 10!

I'm surrounded by houses that think they can play music until 3am or 4am, had to call the council once as 5 days in a row of music in the back garden of the house opposite mine and a very rubbish karaoke party going on and kids becoming so agitated as the noise could be heard in every room of my house. glad to say since then its probably only once or twice a month.

chasmi49

Ok lolI do live in a semi but I do have neighbours both sides 1 set I'm … Ok lolI do live in a semi but I do have neighbours both sides 1 set I'm attached to, the other set live the other side , not attached.Geez you have to make things so simple for men X)

I thought you wasn't going to get lippy?

I live in a terraced house and can always hear next doors kids screaming, as well as the man coughing up phlegm in the bathroom every morning On the other side is an elderly couple and i only really hear them when they shout at the dog. Also, the man on the other side always stands outside his front door to smoke and farts really loudly

Detached houses ftw.

Detached house and the only noise we here is the couple next doors fat knacker of a daughter. She seems unable to leave the house without squealing into her phone like a pig with it's nuts trapped in a barn door.

I don't hear any of them - wouldn't live in anything other than a detached.

Used to live in a semi & the noise from next door arguing or the kids running up & down the stairs was terrible !!

One of our neighbours (miserable old woman) phoned us up screaming like a woman possessed because we where laying laminate floor at the outrageous time of 6pm on a Monday. No more mister nice guy, she's crossed off the Christmas card list FOREVER.
Edited by: "spaceinvader" 22nd Dec 2012

Live in the countryside and don't have any. Best way with neighbours is fall out with them big time on the day you move in and then you never have to speak to them. (_;)

Banned

Never since I built my new Patio

donaldduck2

Live in the countryside and don't have any. Best way with neighbours is … Live in the countryside and don't have any. Best way with neighbours is fall out with them big time on the day you move in and then you never have to speak to them. (_;)

Think that is what happened with mine.

Detached house, old man to the left in a bungalow, i dont even think he is alive!, and a church to the right which has a bit of singing on the evenings about 6pm for an hour once a week. thats it, but on a saturday night, i hear the usual **** heads walking home screaming at the pavement.

Id love to refer you to my post fron fewmonth ago. But on the phone app so cant

Oh and greatest666 wtf with the pervy wenger face. People on the bus r wondering what im laughing at lol

Oh and greatest666 wtf with the pervy wenger face. People on the bus r wondering what im laughing at lol

Id love to refer you to my post fron fewmonth ago. But on the phone app so cant

Cheers noctu lol

im in semi detached and mine are nosiey as hell and they r always during the day and the dog always barking when they do come home all u hear is banging of doors and running up and down stairs and it goes on past 11pm

Nothing really, every once in a while there is a drunken row next door when the girl living there brings people back from the pub for a party but not general everyday noise.

They probably hear me an awful lot - I like a good shout.

aircanman

My neighbour follows me and spys on me, he doesn't go to bed until I do, … My neighbour follows me and spys on me, he doesn't go to bed until I do, freaky.....

Dude, that's a mirror, LOL

Quite a lot... I heard my neighbour shouting help help, I looked out and he is in his dressing gown on his drive. Bearing in mind he is in his 70's I run out bare foot and he said someone is in his car so I shouted to the guy not to move and he tried getting out so I kept him in, a few other neighbours came out after a while. then the police turn up after about 10 minutes (useless). They actually drove the wrong way up the road.

Anyway, I did go a bit mental when I was telling him not to move. I was more pizzed off about the fact that my neighbour was scared. Seriously, why do these scumbags have to target old people.

This happened about 30 minutes ago.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants