Groups

How much do you spend a week on alcohol?

as above

Was in my economics lecture today and apparently people spend a lot on alcohol.(Studying taxation)

47 Comments

Banned

nothing, rarely drink.

£0.00 i only ever drink if im going out or parties without my DD

Banned

zero pounds and zero pence

Banned

roughly £15

Banned

Was in my economics lecture today and apparently people spend a lot on alcohol.

Advanced stuff X)

£1500 a month

naff all

Nothing, stopped drinking 18mths ago

Nothing i stopped 3 months ago. A relative of mine spends over £100 a week.

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry

Was in my economics lecture today and apparently people spend a lot on … Was in my economics lecture today and apparently people spend a lot on alcohol.Advanced stuff X)

It was about taxation.

Original Poster

CoolBeanz

£1500 a month

wow really? lol

probably around £40.

£10 everytime i go pub.

Around £40-£50

livingthelife07

Around £40-£50

as a couple thats what we spend on a Friday night - dont normally drink through the week, not even a glass of wine with a meal - just a Friday (normally!)

£0.1p

FilthAndFurry

Was in my economics lecture today and apparently people spend a lot on … Was in my economics lecture today and apparently people spend a lot on alcohol.Advanced stuff X)

+1

You can see why the fees keep going up can't you

BTW I spend too much a week on alcohol
    Edited by: "simon012" 19th Oct 2010

Original Poster

simon012

+1You can see why the fees keep going up can't youBTW I spend too much a … +1You can see why the fees keep going up can't youBTW I spend too much a week on alcohol

lool.

zilch, infact I keep getting given booze which gathers dust in the cupboard.

Ive always truly hated alcohol but didnt want to be billy no mates in the pub. Ive always wanted to ask for a pint of coke (maybe a dash of cream on top to make it look like a pint of guinness)

About £50 pw.
    I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...

About £100 a week I spend.

That's going to Town and Pub though typically over a weekend.
    Edited by: "anthonyt" 19th Oct 2010

the number of non drinkers x the heat offers on booze gets on this site doesnt add up :P

And I'm 23 - I hope you were sitting down when you read that.

Just not bothered. Although at the moment could do with a few drinks every night but too much effort.

About a tenner but at uni it was easily about a hundred.

£0.00 Dont drink alcohol!

surprised by the amount of people who dont drink on here!

I reckon I spend £30 to £40 most weeks, thats a couple of nights out and a few cans watching the footy. Got mates who probably spend £200 easy

oO...WOW !...........loads of t-totallers on here !!...............it depends with us , like time of year ie- summertime tend to have a few beers/wine chilling when having a barbie ........xmas obviously get drinks in :D..........but on a weekly basis it depends, sometimes i am in a shop and think 'ooh i fancy a glass of wine tonight with dinner ''.......other weeks we have a function of some sort and spend a hell of a lot more with the bar prices today !X)

roryk83

surprised by the amount of people who dont drink on here!I reckon I spend … surprised by the amount of people who dont drink on here!I reckon I spend £30 to £40 most weeks, thats a couple of nights out and a few cans watching the footy. Got mates who probably spend £200 easy

yeh same here !oO

shopstilldrops

yeh same here !oO

I don't believe it tbh.

Maybe the non drinkers are smokers X) i don't do either.

None it was stop drinking, or die young .

£1.32 a day...2 litre tesco value cider

numptyj

£1.32 a day...2 litre tesco value cider

Wow you should post that as a deal

£50-60 per week if wine bought in France, otherwise £80-100

Banned

Very little. Can't remember that last time I drank any, though will be partaking of the odd one over 8 on the next few friday nights.

So how much do you spend MarzBarz or were you more interested in the taxation aspect? Did you touch upon the duty payable or just concentrate on VAT?

Edited by: "guv" 20th Oct 2010

Banned

deb8z

Maybe the non drinkers are smokers X) i don't do either.

Maybe the non drinkers and non smokers are porky pie tellers.

^^^^^^^^^^^ None of the above.

Banned

Depends, quiet week about £20-30 but a busy week is usually about £100 - £200

Around £50 ,just in pubs though and I get staff discount at the local which takes up a large chunk of this money so without discount i suppose £60 would be nearer the real figure.
    Managed to run up a £15 tab while working the other night, over half of what I earned that shift.
    Edited by: "fred74" 20th Oct 2010

around £90 a month on virgin wine club

Nothing, although I do smoke, about 10 pounds per week on tobacco
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …225668
      2. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1625
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416614121
      4. Best advert ever to be seen.1010

See more discussions