How Much do you spend on Electric Gas

26 replies
Found 1st Jul
Was bored so got an average over last 70 days on how much we spend on electric and gas, 3 occupants, my Utility

would be curios how much others spend ( I know they don't compare, use more different supplier ect) - I should note our ovens are Electic, stove top Gas

Electric
3.88£ day £27.22£ week £108 month

Gas
Gas £0.82 day £5.76 week 23£ month
Edited by: "whelan189"

26 Comments

We pay £77 a month for both, but we don't use this much in the summer so it covers us for the winter time and we never end up owing anything. There's 3 people in our house and I'm home all day. We're with npower

I've never heard of electric gas before.

I have a 2 bed semi and pay £45 a month for both, 12 months a year. That's with Ovo.

£30 pm electricity

£30 pm gas

2 people - 4 bed detached

£148 a month. 4 bed, 2 adults 2 children

We also have a electric oven but gas stove. We pay £90 at the moment but we use £80 (paying an extra £10 cos we was going over at winter).

You pay a lot, are you on a pay as you go meter?

£99.69 a month for both with Coop Energy - 4 of us in a 3 bed semi

£69 a month 2 adults 2 children 3 bed semi was with first utility now with economy energy.

Original Poster

t0nii_m3 m ago

We also have a electric oven but gas stove. We pay £90 at the moment but …We also have a electric oven but gas stove. We pay £90 at the moment but we use £80 (paying an extra £10 cos we was going over at winter).You pay a lot, are you on a pay as you go meter?

Well its my parents yes they are currently, been on for a while now

(they probs should switch but heyho) ill bring up again

robbarraclough18

£69 a month 2 adults 2 children 3 bed semi was with first utility now … £69 a month 2 adults 2 children 3 bed semi was with first utility now with economy energy.

Just got a cheap quote with them, thanks for sharing

I'm with British gas and they have just put my dual fuel tariff down to £71 from £95. It is a new build so had to establish a bit of a track record in the first year I suppose. Four bedrooms detached with two occupants. Our insulation is the vastly thick new stuff which I imagine helps. I did a price comparison not long ago and it wasn't worth switching. If you are looking at your bills over the last seventy days, bear in mind that was not the coldest time of the year and the seventy days prior to that probably cost significantly more

£30 p/m elec
£22 p/m gas

semi-detached, 3 bedrooms, 2 adults, 2 children

both elec and gas with iSupply

£61 per month for both, 3 adults with npower. Just reduced from £70 because I'm £163 in credit.
Used to be on prepayment meter where I paid £130 per month.

Electric always about £30 a month - I guess fridges and freezers use more in summer ,whereas lights use less .

Gas averages out at £40 per month (hot water +heating ) very little in summer , up to £100 a month in the depths of winter (I like it warm ) . I'm with Npower this year but change deals every year (I appreciate that many do not have the ability to access the best deals ), That's for a good sized 3 bed d glazed and reasonably insulated 1960s semi with a 3 year old Vaillant combi boiler .

Remember your monthly Direct Debit is only an indication , not the actual bill . Your actual "Bill" will be your actual usage .

Edited by: "rogparki" 1st Jul

£14 total a month for both and I get credit back on that when the statements come around X)

t0nii_m happy I can help someone.

family of minimum 3 adults goes up to 5. 4 bedroom detached house built 1992. old style double glazing. in Cornwall everyone on computers or tv, cook by gas, heat by gas, shower by gas heated water. was with sainsbury via British gas £76 per month duel fuel. now edf gone up by £11. was in 80 odd credit last year
Edited by: "999kernow" 1st Jul

We pay Round £125 for both every month but we are 4 adult and 2 kids with 4 bed 3 reception 2 bath 1930 detached house so I guess this is acceptable

£138 a month, Just electric. But that's because we've got storage heaters and it's spread over the year.

3 bed.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 1st Jul

£180pm 3 bed cave 3 eggs n mrs rappy

£134/m for 2 adults in 4 bed bungalow with EDF

Original Poster

sabp4 m ago

£134/m for 2 adults in 4 bed bungalow with EDF

thats seem alot, you got 100 lights and 20 tvs on you two

a few people in here with 4beds and 2 people , turn the tv off and start filling the rooms (_;)

£70 a month for me - 4 bed detached, 2 adults, 2 children

robbarraclough18

£69 a month 2 adults 2 children 3 bed semi was with first utility now … £69 a month 2 adults 2 children 3 bed semi was with first utility now with economy energy.

Same price, 2 adults, 2 teens , 3 bed semi, NPower

You can't really compare we use nearly 50% more than the national average for our size house just on electricity, gas we use a lot less than the average. all A rated appliances only 1 tv, a rated bulbs and no matter how much we try we can't reduce it to the average. Even got a new meter installed. Everyone will use different quantities that's just how it works.

whelan189

thats seem alot, you got 100 lights and 20 tvs on you two

Heating on for almost whole year. Only 1 TV.
Hybrid plugin car charging.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4074
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247616
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275

See more discussions