How much £ does it cost to leave a desktop PC on overnight?

Found 5th Jun 2016
How much £ does it cost to leave a desktop PC on overnight?

Uploading my hard drives to the cloud and it's taking a long time. How much money is it costing me leaving the PC on overnight?

1. Ask
  2. Desktop
  3. PC
11 Comments

Pennies.

Tree fiddy

more than you paid for windows 10

pennies and even cheaper if you are on economy 7 tariff.

Banned

more than you paid for windows 10

very funny

thanks

Turn the monitor off

I think you're getting funny answer purely because it's a ridiculous question without supplying the crucial information i.e your setup as that makes all the difference. It completely depends upon how much power your PC is drawing then once you have the figure you need to compare it again the suppliers cost. If you have all the figures it will be an easy answer but getting those is the harder part.

A 1000w psu will use 1 unit per hour 450w will use 0 .45units given 20p a unit a 1000w will cost £1.60 for 8 hours a 450w will cost 72p for 8 hours.

Oh that's a full power which you will never use so those are worse case scenarios.

A 1000w psu will use 1 unit per hour 450w will use 0 .45units given 20p … A 1000w psu will use 1 unit per hour 450w will use 0 .45units given 20p a unit a 1000w will cost £1.60 for 8 hours a 450w will cost 72p for 8 hours.

Oh that's a full power which you will never use so those are worse case … Oh that's a full power which you will never use so those are worse case scenarios.

I was gonna say!...

Idle probably around 30/60w without monitor and not knowing anything else.
Edited by: "rev6" 6th Jun 2016

cost of a mars bar.
ur welcome.
Post a comment
@
    Text