How much does it cost to post a Blu-Ray?

Posted 24th Oct 2011
As per the above, how much for

1st
2nd
1st recorded
2nd recorded?

Cheers
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

16 Comments
large letter first class 75p. recorded delivery is another 75p extra

not sure about second class either way
About 90p
About 80p
About £1.50
Is there a 2nd Class recorded?
deleted3453
If it's in a case it's £1.09 if you put it in a padded envelope.

That's first class.
About the same price as a DVD.
58p for second large letter, and the signed for service remains an extra 75p, iirc.
Yep, £1.09 for first class in a jiffy bag, second class is only slightly less (92p). Recorded is 77p on top of whatever one you go for.

Nice to see the huge range in answers!

Edited by: "cdm22" 24th Oct 2011
Royal mail website .... you'll never believe it but you will find the answer there

Broxy

About the same price as a DVD.

Which dvd though? They vary in price quite a lot iirc

Ok so worst case scenario from the straw poll above £1.09p first + 77p recorded. Ouch, I remember when a stamp cost.....................
deleted3453
Ellie Phant

Royal mail website .... you'll never believe it but you will find the … Royal mail website .... you'll never believe it but you will find the answer there

...... if you just happen to know the weight of the disc plus a padded bag.
deleted3453
tattertatter

Which dvd though? They vary in price quite a lot iirc :pOk so worst case … Which dvd though? They vary in price quite a lot iirc :pOk so worst case scenario from the straw poll above £1.09p first + 77p recorded. Ouch, I remember when a stamp cost.....................

No need for recorded - you are covered if it gets lost.
deleted13853
1st - Tree Fiddy
2nd - Tree Fiddy
1st recorded - Tree Fiddy
2nd recorded? - Tree Fiddy
92p 2nd class when in a jiffy bag, posted one off this morning!
virus

No need for recorded - you are covered if it gets lost.

That's what I thought, but do I still need proof of posting for that specific item, or is a receipt from one of those self service machines enough if it does go missing?
deleted3453
You need to hand it in over the counter in a PO and ask for a certificate of posting.
Im late but,

weigh it on kitchen scales, in grams, go here http://sg.royalmail.com/portal/rm/PriceFinder?catId=23500532&gear=pricingcalc

click packet,

take it into post office, lady/man will weigh it, try to push it through a card guide, and then charge, you pay, and keep the slip they give you, you can now go home for a cup of tea
i send everything by first class large letter, 100g rate, so its always 75p no matter what - bluray, dvd, game, boxset. i print off postage with royal mail or paypal, its always 75p. plus i reuse padded envelopes so thats free.

just print off postage and stick it in a post box - 100% of all my items have gotten their safely.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants