How much does it cost to post a Blu-Ray?

Found 24th Oct 2011
As per the above, how much for

1st
2nd
1st recorded
2nd recorded?

Cheers
Community Updates
MiscBlu-ray
16 Comments
large letter first class 75p. recorded delivery is another 75p extra

not sure about second class either way
About 90p
About 80p
About £1.50
Is there a 2nd Class recorded?
If it's in a case it's £1.09 if you put it in a padded envelope.

That's first class.
About the same price as a DVD.
58p for second large letter, and the signed for service remains an extra 75p, iirc.
Yep, £1.09 for first class in a jiffy bag, second class is only slightly less (92p). Recorded is 77p on top of whatever one you go for.

Nice to see the huge range in answers!

Edited by: "cdm22" 24th Oct 2011
Royal mail website .... you'll never believe it but you will find the answer there

Broxy

About the same price as a DVD.

Which dvd though? They vary in price quite a lot iirc

Ok so worst case scenario from the straw poll above £1.09p first + 77p recorded. Ouch, I remember when a stamp cost.....................
Ellie Phant

Royal mail website .... you'll never believe it but you will find the … Royal mail website .... you'll never believe it but you will find the answer there

...... if you just happen to know the weight of the disc plus a padded bag.
tattertatter

Which dvd though? They vary in price quite a lot iirc :pOk so worst case … Which dvd though? They vary in price quite a lot iirc :pOk so worst case scenario from the straw poll above £1.09p first + 77p recorded. Ouch, I remember when a stamp cost.....................

No need for recorded - you are covered if it gets lost.
1st - Tree Fiddy
2nd - Tree Fiddy
1st recorded - Tree Fiddy
2nd recorded? - Tree Fiddy
92p 2nd class when in a jiffy bag, posted one off this morning!
virus

No need for recorded - you are covered if it gets lost.

That's what I thought, but do I still need proof of posting for that specific item, or is a receipt from one of those self service machines enough if it does go missing?
You need to hand it in over the counter in a PO and ask for a certificate of posting.
Im late but,

weigh it on kitchen scales, in grams, go here http://sg.royalmail.com/portal/rm/PriceFinder?catId=23500532&gear=pricingcalc

click packet,

take it into post office, lady/man will weigh it, try to push it through a card guide, and then charge, you pay, and keep the slip they give you, you can now go home for a cup of tea
i send everything by first class large letter, 100g rate, so its always 75p no matter what - bluray, dvd, game, boxset. i print off postage with royal mail or paypal, its always 75p. plus i reuse padded envelopes so thats free.

just print off postage and stick it in a post box - 100% of all my items have gotten their safely.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants