Expired

How much does it cost to put down & cremate a cat?

Banned 24
Found 25th Mar 2016
As above. Does anyone have an idea please?

I have found cremation prices online but cant find a rough price for the both.

One of our cats was poisoned by a neighbour (we "think" / "are sure of") 18 months ago. He fought back with the help of the vets but now his liver has failed & we have been told he has weeks to live.

Unfortunately he has had a proper downturn in the last week & we need to either take him in tomorrow or at a push Tuesday to get him put down.

Only asking because its bank holiday so cant find out.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
23 Comments

Usually bout 30 to put down not sure about cremation but in general usually ul get ripped off for it.

How bad is the cat as i noticed you said if u cant get it dne tomoz ul wait til tuesday?

Original Poster Banned

123batman321

Usually bout 30 to put down not sure about cremation but in general … Usually bout 30 to put down not sure about cremation but in general usually ul get ripped off for it. How bad is the cat as i noticed you said if u cant get it dne tomoz ul wait til tuesday?

Other half is trying to put if off because its "her baby", if you know what I mean?

I would do it now but its her pet of 14 years.

there's quite a few on line google 'cost of cat cremation'.

Can't comment about cats but we had to have our old Labrador max put to sleep about 4 months ago and we choose to have him cremated and it cost us £150 go both.
the dear part was the cremation as we choose to he his ashes back but if we didn't want them it would have been about £60

How on earth did you restrain yourself from your sicko neighbour? Vet prices vary so my advice. phone around asap Saturday morning, also poss seek advice Cats Protection, RSPCA, PDSA, and don't forget to tell them what you think the sicko did, cos it might not be just you're poor moggy that suffers

14 is a long life really. Remind your partner every second she delays it, she makes he cat suffer. I'd either bury the kitty in the garden or not get ashes back. They won't 100% your pets ashes any way.

Original Poster Banned

Agent004

How on earth did you restrain yourself from your sicko neighbour?

The guy is mentally "*******"

But he has a gun license

If u ask the vet they will tell u and some not all can offer payment plan. Poor thing.

Original Poster Banned

nitelighter

If u ask the vet they will tell u and some not all can offer payment … If u ask the vet they will tell u and some not all can offer payment plan. Poor thing.

Might have to sort it over the weekend by emergency. Things aint great. Cant see him last until sun/mon

Original Poster Banned

123batman321

Usually bout 30 to put down not sure about cremation but in general … Usually bout 30 to put down not sure about cremation but in general usually ul get ripped off for it. How bad is the cat as i noticed you said if u cant get it dne tomoz ul wait til tuesday?

Thank you for the reply. The cost of euthanasia was what I needed because I had no idea.

After a 5 hour discussion we have decided to do it tomorrow morning. Thanks

I'm so so sorry to hear that your cat is poorly and at the end of their life. It's so sad as they become members of the family.

I had the vet come to the house to put my beloved 16 year old cat down, in the comfort of her own home and without stress. It cost £80 and it was the right thing for her, she ended her life at home, with love and just fell asleep. We buried her in the garden so I can't help with cremation costs, but I'm sure a vet will let you know.

I would bury him myself.

we buried ours and planted a rose on top.

Banned

I didn't know you could cremate animals.
would she be keeping the ashes all her life? if not she might aswel bury the cat.

Original Poster Banned

Thanks for all the replies. We put him down this morning. At our local vet it turned out to be £25 to put the cat down & £80 to get him cremated (which takes about 10 days to get the ashes).

Other half is now absolutely devastated.

I am so sorry for your situation. I have been there a couple of times with elderly cats and it is so very hard. I contacted the PDSA as they have a helpline for the loss of a pet. I couldn't talk on the phone and so I contacted them by e-mail putting it all into words did help and I received a lovely reply back. Hope this may help your Other Half.

My sympathy op.

I broke my heart 3 days later I had another pair he was my baby and I still miss him
but he just could not go on being ill

Oh, it's gonna be a tough few days op- I feel for you. Hope it all works out for the best.

To the rest of the contributors; purely out of interest - if you don't have access to a garden, and can't afford a cremation - what would one do with a dead pet?

Op, I hope that you're doing ok.

sickly sweet

Op, I hope that you're doing ok.

How on earth does that post get a down vote?!

There are some mean people on here.

Losing a pet is heartbreaking, and your house feels so empty without them. It's a sad time and I'm sure the OP needs some TLC.

Original Poster Banned

sickly sweet

There are a couple of people on here that have taken a particular dislike of me.

Just small minded people.

The vet will dispose of the body. I think they go into mass cremations with other pets, but I'm not entirely sure.

My parents never believed in cremations or burials for my childhood family pets (in particular the dogs) and when I questioned what happened I was told by the vet that it's very common and that they give them a dignified end.

Personally I wanted them buried in the garden at home, and after 16 loyal years my parents did let me bury my beloved cat. But to be fair, my parents moved house a year later so that may be a surprise for the new owners at some point! She loved that garden & I couldn't think of any place she would be happier to be laid to rest.

samwants2save

Oh, it's gonna be a tough few days op- I feel for you. Hope it all works … Oh, it's gonna be a tough few days op- I feel for you. Hope it all works out for the best. To the rest of the contributors; purely out of interest - if you don't have access to a garden, and can't afford a cremation - what would one do with a dead pet?

sickly sweet

Don't let those numpties get to you, they're clearly heartless plonkers.

Pets become members of the family, you love them and treat them with respect and in return they bring you joy. When they die it leaves a hole, an emptiness.

Thankfully your cat had a long and happy life so you can look back and smile, and in time you'll stop hearing noises that make you think she's around the corner.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.